[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice guys. I bought a vape pen for my ''friend''

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: My Money.jpg (2MB, 5748x2256px) Image search: [Google]
My Money.jpg
2MB, 5748x2256px
I need some advice guys.

I bought a vape pen for my ''friend'' D it cost $20, he said he would pay me the full amount as soon as he could.

It has been more than two fucking months and he still hasn't even it to me.
Every week I remind him about it and tell him to give it to me but he just says ''Oh i'll give it to you next week'' '' I promise next week, don't worry, I got you'' ''Fuck I don't have money, next week''

Until now. He has fucking lied to me numerous times but keeps saying the same fucking shit.

I know that it is only $20 but I don't even have a job (He does) and it isn't even about that as much, you need to keep what you promise.

Pic related is a screenshot of our convo today.
What should I do and say?

I am almost certain I won't receive my money back.

Thanks guys! I would appreciate the help.
>>
>>17818186
Forgot to include given, sorry.
>>
>>17818186
cut your losses, you paid $20 to know your friend is a piece of shit, stop being his friend

general advice, when you lend money to someone, make sure you can afford to not have it paid back. Sometimes people are assholes, like your situation
>>
>>17818214
This. This was a good cheap lesson to learn. Mine cost me thousands.
>>
>>17818214
Thanks man, I can afford the loss, I won't die but I would like the money back. I know that it probably is not going to happen but whatever.

I didn't think of it like that, but it's completely fucking true.

Anything I can or should say to him? I want to get the last word or whatever.

>>17818223
Could you explain a little? I would like to hear the story.
>>
>>17818214
This. View this as a cheap price to pay for finding out someone was untrustworthy. You being angry at them wont back-date them into having been reliable. Accept it.
Sorry that happened.
>>
>>17818227
Thanks mate. If I think about it like that it was totally worth it I guess.

Is there anything I should mention?
>>
>>17818186
>broo I'll give you your money
>chill
>chill
>chill
>don't worry

Has he been injecting marijuanas? He types like he's about to OD.
>>
>>17818237
He is a pot head which is why I mentioned it. He can afford to smoke every day if not almost every single day but not pay me back.
>>
>>17818240
What a fucking idiot.
How did you even end up associating with something like that?
>>
>>17818225
Just completely stop talking to him. Unless he finally offers to pay back, even then, I would make him go to your house to pay it back (not the other way around).

Honest opinion tho (might sting)

I'm assuming you're a guy. Just the fast that you over-reacted like this on chat for 20 bucks (no matter how much he said he will pay back) make you look like a turbo autist. I know you want to get the last word in, but it will make you look like a poor little sore loser. If you kept your cool, and made paying you back on time HIS responsibility, you would have come out on top

This can play out 3 ways:

1. He keeps his word and pays back (thus you know this person could be a worthwhile friend)
2. He pays back after only 1 reminder (this you can give benefit of doubt, maybe hes a little flaky, forgetful)
3. He doesnt pay back after one reminder (this way you stop talking to him, and you learn that he is a degenerate, and you improve your life by not hanging out with these people)

Do not ask for money back more than once, and only ask in a friendly reminder
>>
>>17818243
Because I liked smoking occasionally as well so we became friends. He isn't that bad of a dude but he does this type of shit.
He shared Weed with me so I didn't hesitate to make him the favor of buying the pen.

One thing I noticed was that he was somewhat of a fiend sometimes.
Like if I was the one putting in the Weed he would get the blunt and light it up first, which you shouldn't do.

And other small things like that. I am happy to be cutting him off, I'll be fine without him.
>>
>>17818225
I don't want to get too into it, but a summary: I was a fucking retarded beta virgin and it involved an emotional girl that did cocaine and constantly had some sort of drama or crisis. When she got the money she was holding out for she gave me 5oo(like 1/8 of what she owed) and she blew about $100 on coke every day to every other day along with other dumbshit until she blew through the rest of it.
>>
>>17818245
Thanks man, it didn't sting, I appreciate you being honest, solid fucking advice.

So I should just not even respond? I'll probably just leave it on R how it is.

If I see him around (I have a class with him and we would sit together) Should I just ignore him completely or what? I don't know what to do. Honestly at least for now I want nothing to do with him.

>>17818254
Ah shit mate, that sucks.Thanks.
*Note to self don't trust women*
>>
>>17818251
>he isn't that bad of a dude
>he shared weed with me

That's the mentality of someone who does weed.

>he shared weed with me
You don't want to end up like him, cut yourself off from him and weed. It fucked my ex up and gave her depression when she didn't have any weed, I don't care what people say but it was illegal for a reason.
>>
brooo chiill maybe you stop fucking with brown people broo or stop being brown yourself. its whatever if want to be brown bro be brown you do you aight?
>>
>>17818270
I do Weed less than once a week. Like now it's usually once every two weeks or so, which is not bad. I am not a pot head or anything.
But if he invited me to smoke even when I wasn't putting anything down it means something.

>You don't want to end up like him, cut yourself off from him and weed. It fucked my ex up and gave her depression when she didn't have any weed, I don't care what people say but it was illegal for a reason.
I was smoking Weed much before I even met him so I don't think it matters much. I haven't done it with him in a long time, only once or twice in the past couple of months. I am not addicted and I could care less I just do it occasionally for fun.

>>17818272
What the fuck are you on about? Neither of us are brown.
>>
>>17818262
If you have to see this guy again regularly then you have to focus on saving face

If he pays back next time you see him, just make a joke out of it and "forgive him". Really what you are doing here is cutting ties on a good note

If no payment, just forget the money altogether, and turn from friendship to classmate. You can interact, like you would normally do, but leave the social pressure on him. ie: dont make effort to tell him a joke, invite to parties, tell him about personal life, etc. Just stuff like, oh, did you do the homework?

When you are in a situation where you have a set of people you have to see on a regular basis (like high school) you have to avoid putting yourself in loosing situations like this. Just imagine what this guy is saying to your classmates.. "yo check this fuckin penny pincher comes to my house to smoke up and cried like a little bitch LMAO"

really its a fine balance between being the better man and not being a doormat - this takes a while to learn
>>
>>17818277
>What the fuck are you on about? Neither of us are brown.
sure sounds like it nigger.
>>
>>17818281
We rarely ever spoke about those type of things anyways, it was more of a Weed relationship. I swear every fucking time we hanged out except a handful of times we were smoking Weed. He is like that with most people I think, which is bad.

I probably won't give him a hand shake or anything either, but if I absolutely must fucking talk to him then I will.

Again thanks a lot for the advice friend, I will listen to what you said.

>Just imagine what this guy is saying to your classmates.. "yo check this fuckin penny pincher comes to my house to smoke up and cried like a little bitch LMAO"
I don't think he has told anybody, I have told three of my closest friends and they all agree that he is a dick bag.

>>17818285
Whatever makes you go to bed easy anon.
>>
>>17818277
It's too late for you anon.
I'm sorry, you're already a pothead.
>>
>>17818288
>Smokes weed once every two weeks
>Pothead
No anon.
>>
>>17818291
It's not just about how much you smoke, but also the mindset behind it.
>>
>>17818287
>Whatever makes you go to bed easy anon.

says the guy thats been fretting over $20 for two months
>>
>>17818301
I don't care for Weed mate, I am thinking about stopping forever as well.

>>17818307
I literally did not mention it to him for like a few weeks, and then every week I would casually remind him until now.

Like I said the lying is worse than the $20 being lost.
>>
>>17818313
>I am thinking about stopping forever
Please do.

Man seriously fuck this modern world. Even junk food can become a disgusting addiction these days that can ruin lives.
Anything with a high sugar or fat content.

Fuck man I wish I was born 20 years earlier.
>>
>>17818317
I will. I don't have an addictive personality honestly, I will very very occasionally for a special occasion still smoke or do some type of drug.

>Even junk food can become a disgusting addiction these days that can ruin lives
True but you can get addicted to literally anything including eating fucking dirt.
>>
>>17818325
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
DIRT IS GOOD!
GODD!!!
>>
>>17818327
For plants :3
>>
This dude taking you for a joke, son. You gotta bust that nigga in his shit. He playing you for a fuck nigga cause he know he can. You gotta pull that nigga skirt up and handle yo business, real talk.
>>
>>17818568
Can that nigga, smack him something real good
>>
>>17818186
You probably won't ever get tour money back from him. It's only 20 bucks. It doesn't mean you can't still be friends with him, just never lend him money again.
>>
>>17818757
It's not about the money, it's a breach of trust.
Why would you want to keep someone like that in your life?
>>
like in the movie A Bronx Tale. think of it this way, it only cost you $20 and now you know your true friends
>>
>>17818287
> it was more of a Weed relationship. I swear every fucking time we hanged out except a handful of times we were smoking Weed.

If that's the extent of your relationship with this guy then you aren't friends, you're just mutual users. I used to smoke weed too and I had a lot of 'friends' like this - I stopped smoking and I realised I had absolutely nothing in common with them and, that they were seriously boring, vapid people. I tried to hang out with them a few times after I stopped and it wasn't good from my perspective or theirs, we mutually cut contact - I eventually stopped talking to them and they stopped talking to me.

Funnily enough there were guys in my group that were like your friend too, would ask for stuff and then not return it. Happened a few times, not just to me but to other guys in the group as well - I think everyone just accepted that everyone in the circle was unreliable and would fuck each other over from time to time - it was never a big deal and nobody got seriously angry about it, at most some words would have been exchanged and then it would just be dropped and everyone would move on.

I'd bet this type of thing is probably pretty common among drug users - I know you've said you're not that big on weed and I'm not trying to be harsh but I think you do have the mindset of a stoner. You gave a small amount of money to an unreliable guy (to buy drug-related paraphernalia) and now you feel like you've suffered some injustice because he didn't give it back. Fair enough, you HAVE been fleeced by this guy but for all it's worth I'd just let it go. The moral of the story is don't hang out with drug users.

Also this is just my view and I'm not saying you should do this, but if I really consider someone to be my friend, I would just freely give them money and neither ask nor expect for it to be returned. If someone isn't my friend, I don't give them money.
>>
>Loaning any sum of money, even a single cent, without being willing to accept never seeing that money again.
Anon holy shit what are you doing.
>>
>>17818568
>>17818639
He could probably whoop my ass bad, if not I would have split his shit open.
I could easily easily fuck him over, his truck has an issue that would allow me to open the door lock and the start it with a small piece of metal. He has opened it like this in front of me before.
I won't do this because I am not like that, but I easily could.

>>17819001
Thanks man I appreciate it.
I won't hang out with them anymore, it's not worth it.

Anymore advice you can share?

>>17818993
True, true. I am not salty over it anymore, gonna take it as a learning experience.

>>17819004
I can take the loss anon, but a 20 is still a 20 and I could use it.
>>
>>17819086
Shank his ass.
>>
>>17820169
Naw it's not that serious.
>>
>>17820175

That's because you're a bitch boy. Go over to his place and break his fucking leg. It doesn't matter whether it's $20 or $200; it's principle.

He bent you over and did you like a bitch, so you have to show him what's what.
>>
>>17820175
you're a fucking retard. Stop bitching about TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS.
>>
>>17820185
Probably just give a tip off to a car jacker the issue with his truck and they will easily take that shit.

>>17820185
Like the other anon said, it's about principle, he gave his word and fucking failed me and lied.
>>
>>17820175
Shag his ass then
>>
>>17820301
Bruh
>>
File: nikebrand.jpg (52KB, 980x680px) Image search: [Google]
nikebrand.jpg
52KB, 980x680px
>>17820303
>>
>>17821113
I'll think about it.
>>
>>17821114
:3
>>
>caring about 20 dollars

Nigga just never talk to him again who cares, it's 20 bucks
>>
>>17821296
Or he can shag that guy instead
>>
>>17818186

Walk into his house

Take the Vape pen, walk out.

he bitches tell him it costs him $30, 20 for the original, 10 for the interest.
>>
>>17821884
I don't think I will be able to just walk into his house. Plus he keeps it in his car I think.
>>
It's $20, let it go you fucking kike.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.