[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was diagnosed with Bipolar depression 10 years ago and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

I was diagnosed with Bipolar depression 10 years ago and have had suicidal impulses since I was about five years old (currently 23). I was fired a month ago because I came forward with my diagnosis and have had a difficult time finding a job (my major is in graphic design). My parents think I'm a failure, I have no friends, I've applied to at least 50 companies and no one wants to hire me, the alumi association at my University dedicated to finding jobs for students basically told me too bad so sad and the only person I've ever truly been in love with has no romantic desire in me and isn't interested in being a friend anymore. I also called my doctor at the mental hospital of seven years to tell her I was in a low point, she told me she was getting ready to go on vacation and didn't have time to listen to my drivel and asked "do you need a refill or what?"

I've voiced to my mother that I'm thinking of suicide but she thinks I'm melodramatic. I called the suicide hotline today and got the "everything gets better" speech but I don't think I was designed to be happy, is a psychological or biological sense. I kind of just want to end it but maybe I'm just a pussy. I don't know. Any advice would be cool.
>>
File: boyle.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
boyle.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>17818045

i also have bipolar, recently coming out of a depressive spell. if you choose suicide, you will hurt people waaaay more than if you stay alive. i know from experience. bipolar IS treatable, you CAN find goodness in your life again. hang in there. take it one day at a time

find some things that will calm your senses. some nice candles, a hot shower, a good workout, your favorite album. write a lot about how you are feeling.

are you on meds? if you are, they may need adjusted. if you aren't, you should probably see a psychiatrist.
>>
you need zyprexa
>>
Anon, you need a new medication.

Source: bipolar since 12, 24 now.

Something important i learned recently:

Feeling suicidal is traumatic. It can give you ptsd. It might take years to fully recover.

Try at least 2 new meds for three months each, and a new psych for 3, and if you still want to die, go to a hospital. If that doesn't help, and it's too hard to be alive... Well..
>>
>>17818069
If you read OPs post you can tell that no one cares about his well being. He should just get it over with to be honest. His doctor would be glad because dealing with mental patients is a paperwork nightmare and most docs get penalized for it. His family won't have to be burdened with throwing his life away. He has no friends or support group that thinks OP is worth investing in. Why not just check out? Wouldn't affect anything in the grand order of things.
>>
Earlier this year I asked my doctor to put me on something different and she has refused. When I was a teenager I reacted badly to a few other medications so she is scared to put me on others. When I was first diagnosed I tried lamictal and within two weeks I threatened to shoot up my high school. I don't remember the other medication but it made me narcoleptic.
>>
>>17818094
When I was a little girl I was sent to the counselor's office because I tried to kill myself at school. She told me "if you are going to kill yourself please do it at home because your family could sue the school." My parents wouldn't take me to a mental hospital because it was "too expensive" and I had to "get tough or die." I know my life is meaningless in the eyes of everyone around me.

I think the only thing I'm really hanging onto is that I'm scared to go to hell. I think that's about it.
>>
>>17818094
sounds like you're OP. it's the disease that is tricking you into thinking like that. depression is a big mind fuck. don't kill yourself.
>>
>>17818119
What makes you think you would go to hell rather than heaven?
>>
>>17818130
I'm not the OP lol, but sometimes you gotta realize that life ain't fair. We're not all going to be successful people. Some of us will be failures, that's life. If you get dealt the wrong combo of cards in life (shitty mental illness + zero support system), that's tough titties. You can either fold early and save yourself a lifetime of pain, or try to bluff your ass off and go for the pot. Just remember two things: a pair of 7s isn't going to beat a full house, and you can get really good at bluffing everyone, but you will never be able to fool yourself.
>>
>>17818131
I'm Catholic, born baptized and raised. I was always taught that suicide was a mortal sin and those that commit suicide go straight to hell.
>>
File: syndrowm.jpg (41KB, 460x575px) Image search: [Google]
syndrowm.jpg
41KB, 460x575px
>>17818133
fantastic advice, you full on retard
>>
>>17818137
If you are honestly doing the best that you can in your life and you believe in Jesus Christ, do you think you would really be sent to hell for trying to make the best of your situation?

I'm not trying to shit on you OP. You have no one to rely on. Your family doesn't act like they care. Your friends don't seem to care. When was the last time you were able to open up without fear of judgment? How come no one in your church or whatever is available for you to get help from?

Honestly OP, fuck those people. Fuck all of them that want you to follow their rules, but offer you no support. Fuck the loose interpretations of some old faggot virgins that say if you do this or that you will go to hell. This isn't meant to be cliche but only God can judge you. If you have done literally everything you can, and feel like you are ready to end it, then so be it.

People may be trying to stick their own savior complex on you and may tell you to not do it, but I'm trying to tell you to do what you believe is best for yourself. I really wish I could help you or be there for you, but I can't and that ain't fair. Just like how life isn't fair. No matter what, stop living for others and live for yourself (and God)
>>
>>17818140
Thanks fuckface I laughed at your nice image, way to refute or offer advice but keep preaching on how life is good and everything will get better and were all gonna make it and so on :) I hope that your God or Allah or Hadouken or Joe Pesci or whomever you believe in gives you those SICK brownie points for telling miserable people to extend their lives so they can live twice as long or more in even more misery
>>
File: saythat.jpg (11KB, 245x251px) Image search: [Google]
saythat.jpg
11KB, 245x251px
>>17818152
>>
>>17818171
>resorting to posting images out of irrational anger than giving advice to OP

Honestly I just want all the underaged femanons such as yourself to get off the 18+ websites. Your advice has devolved into shitposting because you didn't like my opinion. I'd rather have you kill yourself over OP any day of the week.
>>
File: allahshoebar.jpg (30KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
allahshoebar.jpg
30KB, 500x518px
>>17818177
>accuses anon of irrational anger
>tells anon to kill herself
>>
>>17818045

a lot of people get lonely, even if they have friends
it's ok to feel that way
even suicidal thoughts are common, so don't think you are all alone
there are always people, who think the same way as your or even have same troubles as you
that is why you are never alone in your grief, sadness, happiness and other things, you just can't see those people, but they are there
so that's the first point.

the second one is the following
everyone is a failure
literally
every somewhat smart person thinks that he did something wrong in his life, was born without any talents or failed in som in particular
there are no perfect people
you just need to find something you'd be proud of doing
it can be literally anything, from handmade dolls to engineering
just keep searching for what suits you and is truly your thing

just don't think you are a failure, anon.
even giving advices through the internet has some purpose in it, that is every person is able to give something to this world
just remember that even the best people of mankind were often considered failures or simply weirdos
>>
>>17818418

*in something in particular
*that is why every person

words are hard
>>
Hey... Your life fucking sucks. I'm not gonna tell you things get better. Because they only do when you allow them to. I'm thinking about suicide too. Why am I even typing to you... Why am I even trying. So what if human race goes on. So what if frog race goes on. If you want to die... Fucking die. I'm not telling you anything with clarity right now, for I have been upset for a while, too. (Currently 21) and I'd like to say I've felt bad since I was five, too

But there's something else I want to say... I've been staying up a lot recently. I'm so lonely, I guess. But anon it is a self prophecy; if you want to live. Then live. Ppl need to quit being afraid to live while being afraid to die at the same time. I don't think anyone can tell you otherwise. There are people who have goals... Real fucking goals. But me, maybe you too,.. Well I'm ugly inside. I'm actually kind of tensing up, becoming like a statue. Losing interest in everything. Friends? I either have too high standards or I have diminished any chemical in my brain that rewards me for human socialization. Relationships? What is love.. A chemical reaction. A fucking chemical reaction. I fucked up all of my relationships because i am too depressed...

I'm never going to tell you it will get better; because you have to makes things better. That which you seek is seeking you. I'm feeling these are my last days... I'm getting a warm feeling when I think of suiciding! I fantasize about going in a coma and coming back to it... Feeling different

If different didn't exist, neither would we

sorry for being so sloppy with the reply. Please feel free to reply. I'll be thinking of what could be different...for now.
>>
>>17818045
Suicide is not an answer, first it will destroy others even if you don't think it would.

Second, just remember this... Life sucks there is no way around it except to go through it, truck it, bulldoze it, hit it with a baseball bat... Any way you can JUST KEEP MOVING! yes its hard, yes it sucks but at some point you will hit a point where reality nods its head and chucks you a bone... and keep hold of that bone as long as you can cause there is a tiny raft in it that if you start sinking will pull you back up just once.. so you can
learn to swim.
Third life is a bitch, make it your bitch... it won't mind much as long as you kick it in the groin twice a day.

I was suicidal once, the flat out best thing is get a cuddle buddy like a bird, dog, or some small animal that loves you unconditionally (fore warning birds will love you but are little shits, adorable vicious little shits).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.