[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am completely incapable of feeling anything beyond indifference

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tp.png (2MB, 1416x1058px) Image search: [Google]
tp.png
2MB, 1416x1058px
i am completely incapable of feeling anything beyond indifference (in the positive spectrum) towards other people.

i want nothing more than meaningful human connection. i have no trouble meeting people, getting dates, making friends, etc. i am just literally unable to ever feel anything about the people around me beyond literally not giving a shit about them at all.

it's not even hatred, or anything like that. it's just like i couldn't care less about any person i have ever met in my life.

how do i.. get myself to feel, i guess?
i'm not even sure what i want advice on. have any of you learned to love? do i have some kind of whack personality disorder or am i just sort of cold?
>>
>>17817238

Maybe you just haven't met any worthwhile people.
>>
>>17817242
but i have met people that i think are funny, or cool, or interesting. it's sort of like i can feel positive emotions towards the things that people do, but can't actually find any meaningful connection with them.

i don't think the problem is the people around me, honestly. i find it really hard to believe that everyone i've interacted with is a vapid shell.

people feel connected to me, i just fake everything back. it feels empty and cruel.
>>
>>17817250
Do you remember a time when you did feel genuine connection to somebody?
>>
>>17817238
Are you me?

Bump for interest.
>>
>>17817250

The fact that you do find people fun, cool and interesting does indicate that you're not entirely indifferent. But actually bonding with someone is about more than just finding them cool, there has to be a connection and certain level of understanding that is mostly born out of similar life experiences, world views and interests. I'm 26 myself and throughout my life I've met two people I've actually connected with and one of those is my sibling I grew up with. Other people I find tolerable, if a bit dull. I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with you, but you just haven't come across anyone you really click with. Just keep meeting people and giving them a fair chance by getting to know them.
>>
>>17817293
This is fair advice. I suppose some people are just more emotional or empathetic than others
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.