[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How what's the limit for talking about your experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1420815957497.jpg (34KB, 430x290px) Image search: [Google]
1420815957497.jpg
34KB, 430x290px
How what's the limit for talking about your experiences or stories you have to a girl and how much should I be asking about her and how her day is going? Or more simplified what's the line between being interesting and annoying?
>>
>>17816725
Are you interrupting her? Are you encouraging the conversation to continue? Are you asking as many questions as she's answering? Are you allowing appropriate time for her to talk? Does she seem agreeable, or just nod-nod-nod-uh huh-yes-nod-nod at you and frequently looking away? Has she laughed or genuinely smiled? Are you acting disinterested or board when she's talking? Have you interrupted her? Did you cut her short? No seriously, don't interrupt her.

You have to go by how it feels, but you also have to realize that people have different communication styles. Some need time to complete their whole story and expect follow up questions. Some can be interrupted and then brought back to what they were saying repeatedly.
>>
>>17816734
I guess I have might interrupted her couple of times on Messenger but IRL I have no trouble making conversation with her (I have interrupted her then too but I managed to make it playful and non-awkward), generally I try to be pretty self aware what and how I'm talking to someone.

I guess the trouble is with the online conversations as at least for me it is really hard to read a person and what they might be feeling as I'm talking to them. Maybe I'm being to impatient or overthinking it?
>>
>>17816725

there isn't one. and if there was, how would we define it? stop overthinking.
>>
>>17816725

You have to figure it out based on your partner's reactions. Some people are talkers, some are listeners. There should be a balance in the amount of information revealed, but some people like to go to details while others say more while talking less. If your girl is the quiet type, she might like it if you talk more. If she likes to natter, she'll appreciate it if you listen.
You'll find out once you talk to her more.
>>
>>17816771
>I guess the trouble is with the online conversations as at least for me it is really hard to read a person and what they might be feeling as I'm talking to them. Maybe I'm being to impatient or overthinking it?

Definitely. Talking isn't something you do to analyse people or make them think you're awesome or do for yourself. It's communication, you're finding out about her and sharing things about yourself so you get more into each other or share vulnerabilities etc

Stop caring so much about yourself and talk to her like a normal human with normal intent
>>
Thanks, I will take it more easy and try to be less narcissistic!
>>
File: rusty.jpg (71KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
rusty.jpg
71KB, 720x540px
>>17817246
>>
File: 1352923709089.jpg (29KB, 381x280px) Image search: [Google]
1352923709089.jpg
29KB, 381x280px
>>17818312
You already fucked up. Panic some more fagit
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.