[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have most of my shit together but I keep feeling like I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1394.jpg (18KB, 219x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1394.jpg
18KB, 219x250px
I have most of my shit together but I keep feeling like I'm just faking it and any minute now someone is going to realise that I'm not actually a competent adult and take my job, car and apartment away. Like I don't deserve any of the stuff I own and I've worked for and I shouldn't be allowed to have it.

How do I get rid of this feeling? Getting drunk helps temporarily but once it wears off I feel infinitely worse.
>>
you sound like a child
do you play with toys and vidya?
>>
File: IMG_1453.jpg (501KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.jpg
501KB, 1080x1920px
>>17815440
No. I usually read, write and make attempts to do art on my free time.
>>
>>17815473
Stick to what you know? Read everyday about your job and how to do it better? Develop a hobby and work hard at it to achieve something?

I don't know OP. Your question seems too vague. IMO, having a general sense of "non-deserving" might be you subconsciously thinking your life is too easy, but it also might be that you have confidence issues.

If I were you, I'd find something difficult for you and try to master it. It could be anything: a hobby, a sport, another job; anything.

I would also read about your job to become an expert in it: start looking for projects to take on to further challenge you.

The best way of combating a lack of "deserve" is to do something that makes you feel deserving of your surroundings.
>>
>>17815333
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
>>
>>17815567
My job is the easiest thing in the world, an illiterate child could do it if it weren't for legal reasons and the need for physical strength.

The last time I tried to learn something that was hard for me I gave up after a month, when I had a breakdown at work and spent a week at a mental ward because of the stress.

>>17815591
How do I get rid of that?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.