[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's my problem: I am going to have to retake my math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9165.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9165.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
Here's my problem:

I am going to have to retake my math class next semester. I failed miserably and I feel so bad. I sucked at the tests and barley learned the material because it's online.

I really don't know how to tell my parents this. It's my first year of uni and I've never gotten below a C in my entire life. My dad was a straight A student throughout all of college and I don't know how to tell him I fucked up. He's going to fucking freak out. I guess what I am asking is what I should do.
>>
>>17815169
Tell them, be honest, then deal with whatever happens after.

It's a part of becoming an adult to take responsibility for your mistakes.
>>
>>17815169
Are your parents paying for your college?
>>
>>17815181
Yes. I feel like a total failure. I had aspirations to go to law school and all this but I just don't think I'm in the cut for it. Fucking math. Such bullshit.
>>
>>17815189
I only ask because if the answer was no, it wouldn't be anybody else's business what your grades were.

Anyway, maybe your dad will freak out, but that'll pass. The important part is to identify why you failed. Your dad's reaction will also probably be better if you've figured out what went wrong and what you can do better next time.

Did you take on too much in terms of jobs/classes/dating? Were you partying all the time? Do you just suck at math, and if so, is it all match or a particular field?
>>
>>17815221
Internship and I suck at math. I took it online and that was a big mistake. I don't party anymore because my girlfriend hates it. I am going to retake math next semester in class. Do you think telling him I'm going to retake it and the grade I get next semester will replace my F will make him more calm?
>>
My second semester, I fucked up too. Also in a math class. If you only got 1 F, then it's unlikely you will be put on academic probation. What really screws you over on probation, is that you get limited to the minimum amount of hours you can take as a full time student.

Own your mistake, if it's a general education, just wait a semester. If it's not going to totally fuck you over, as in, you need to take another semester, he doesn't necessarily have to know.

I fucked more than one class though so I needed an extra semester so my parents were going to find out anyway.
>>
Suck it up. As a former fuck up they don't care. They CARE but getting you to the end and graduated is WAY the fuck more important than standing there finger wagging and pointing in shame, What you have is embarrassment and maybe it's justified but you have to swallow that pill because they CAN help you and will even if it sucks. It'll suck but.....not nearly as much as you think. I'm serious. Call it growing up, say you tried your best and next time you DO YOUR BEST.
>>
>>17815390
The good news for me is, if I retake the class, whatever I grade I get Next semester is the grade I will receive on my transcript
>>
>>17815357
>took it online
There's your problem. Taking it in a class room and actually going to class will do wonders. Go to class, pay attention, and go to tutoring and I'm sure you'll do so much better.

Good luck bro.
>>
>>17815443
That's the point! Good luck man.

You might want to go to the department and see if there is a teachers aide or something to help you. If not, like another guy said, don't take it online.
>>
>>17815475
>>17815541
Thanks so much for you encouragement. I'm going to explain the situation calmly to my dad and hopefully he doesn't blow his top.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.