[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everybody on this site so upset about being being single?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1467418788829.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1467418788829.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
Why is everybody on this site so upset about being being single? I find being alone peaceful.
>>
>>17814824
People want different things anon, shocking I know.
>>
Because people don't realize that happiness comes from within so they try to find it in external things. So when everything else fails they come to the conclusion that the lack of a partner is what's making them unhappy.
>>
>>17814830
Okay but I don't understand why people would actually go so far as to want to kill themselves because they can't receive female/male attention. I'm a KHV, no friends, I don't get the big deal.
>>
>>17814842
I think its just stems from lonileness. Lots of people get it. I'm no extrovert by any means but sometimes if I'm home alone for awhile I crave company.
>>
>>17814824
Validation
>>
>>17814842

Societal standards. If you're not actively seeking to get laid and party all the fucking time, you aren't normal.
>>
Becouse we didnt chose single life. Single life chose us. (also, replace word single with lonely)
>>
>>17814824
It's nice to have someone to talk to about deep things. You can use friends/family for that to a certain extent, but at a certain point most friends don't want really to deal with your problems and there are things you just can't share with your family because when you tell one of them something you're telling them all.

Friends and family just aren't willing to hang out with you everyday. They have separate lives, and their own SOs. Even with a full social life, when you're single you spend a lot of time alone.

On the other hand, having an SO is a lot of hassle.
>>
>>17814854
Or maybe some people just want the company of the opposite sex?
>>
>>17814824

because they live in a society that says that being in a relationship is the standard, that if you dont have someone that means you are looking for someone. you HAVE to like someone.

they are fed fairy tales about living happily ever after cuz of love. and even when they acknowledge that those are just fairy tales and not real life they retreat to tihs dark corner of the brain and secretly say 'BUT ILL STILL FIND TRUE LOVE'.

we live in a world where love is the subplot of every single movie. the problem is that people dont realize that is what its supposed to be: just a subplot. they see that its in everything so assume its the most important thing ever.

most 'fandoms' disregard the main story and just focus on who the characters are dating.

I'm like you OP. but unfortunately people assume that if we are single, it has to be a conscious effort. a 'finding yourself'. I've already found myself. and My self is pretty fucking cool, so I'm down to kick it with my self for the indefinite future.

if someone came along and they were great and made me tingly I would date them, assuming I made them feel the same way.

but im not waiting around for it. these last 4 years have been the best yearse of my life and I've handled them as a single male.

shits cash.
>>
>>17814830
The people who don't want to be single also don't want to do anything about the things that cause them to be single, so basically picked the single life; yet are upset about it.

That's like quitting your job to become homeless and bitching about while actively doing everything in your power to stay homeless.
>>
>>17814894
Yeah, I feel the same as you. Another thing that really confuses me is how people don't think of single as a way of life. They all see it as an temporary state. When I say I'm "single" I mean that I plan to stay that way. I don't even think of myself as "single" because I don't usually think of myself based on what my relationship status is. I'm just an individual doing individual things. That's it. I've never met someone less annoying than myself yet so there's no one else I want to be with.
>>
>>17814924

i feel ya. even when i do date, its more flings, small doses. i could not for the life of me imagine living with someone. it would get in the way of everything... just keeping them updated on what im up to kills me.

i like hanging out with friends, and going on dates, and visiting family, but even with my best friends there is definitely a time limit.

i couldnt imagine sharing a bed with anyone other than my doggo, but even shes pushing it
>>
>>17814924

plus, thats a nice way of thinking of single. or not single. we are 'individual'. i like that.
>>
>>17814854
Not OP, but "society" doesn't give two shits if you don't party or if you get pussy on the regular. Life is not a college frat house nor is it like high school.

People are far too involved in their own personal lives to give a flying fuck about some generic guy being a sad forever alone virgin, wallowing in self-pity. I don't understand why some people on the internet don't accept that is actually life.
>>
My question to you OP is: Are you a virgin?
>>
>>17815445

They care if you are single, or not sociable, or constantly trying to network and talk to everyone. And by care I mean they don't ACTUALLY care, but they won't stop flapping their lips at you until YOU care.
>>
I think most of the people on here are missing mommy figures, someone who is going to cuddle them and tell them that everything will be okay.

I mean, I was there to some degree - I wanted all of this "love," and then when I finally found a girl that wanted to coddle me, I realized I was actually an adult and didn't want that. A relationship should be with someone who makes every day of your life a little more special and dynamic, but you shouldn't be sad if you can't find that, because that experience should be rare while you do your own thing.
>>
>>17814824
It's just a meme

Social circles just pressure you into having a relationship at the wrong times then you give in and wonder why there are so many failed relationships.
>>
Being single is awesome.

Solitude is freedom
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.