[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money would you need right now to fulfill the desires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: jewinvention.jpg (61KB, 484x295px) Image search: [Google]
jewinvention.jpg
61KB, 484x295px
How much money would you need right now to fulfill the desires you can come up with in 10 minutes?
>>
>>17813976
20-25 mil ought to do it
>>
>>17813980
the fuck did you think of
>>
A comfortable 25K. Enough to pay off my student debts, get a beater car, and pay rent for the next couple years while I get settled in my new office job, though it's not permanent and only a contract until March, so I'll have to fight for a permanent position.

I'd think that's a very liberal amount too, less would even do.
>>
>>17813976

exactly 500 million
>>
My life costs 5k a year so that times life expectancy would be sufficient.
>>
File: monk.jpg (4KB, 99x119px) Image search: [Google]
monk.jpg
4KB, 99x119px

I don't have desires
>>
>>17813976
Two trillion.

My desires involve unfettered access to the financial system.
>>
Just 4k dollars would be nice for the next 10 years.

:(
>>
8 million so I can pay the Russians to take me up to the space station. That's my greatest dream.
>>
>>17813976
I don't really have many material desires, bought all the shit I ever wanted already and there is nothing on the horizon that would catch my attention, so all I needed would be money for rent/food.

Having a comfy life for the next 2 years without wasting my time on a cancerous job? 25k is enough.

Having a comfy and easy life til the end? 0,5 - 1 million would do just fine.

Leading the life I want to live with traveling and a nice apartment? 5 -10 million.

Actually making a noticeable impact on the world and bettering the live of others massively? 100 million would be a start.
>>
22.5K sounds about right.

15K to wipe clean up the debt I ended up taking for stupidly enabling my gambling Dad whom I always believed was using the money "to pay rent and eat" when in reality he just gambled it away and just couch surfed.

2K to pay off the last bit of my student loan.

5.5K to have in bank as safety and pay for a financial counselor to help me figure out what to do now that I'm nearly 30 years old and don't a single dollar in savings from living paycheck to paycheck while paying off my dad's debt which is slowly burying me because of the interesting.

I really wouldn't ask for anything more than that.
>>
I want to make TV series. i mean i could write out a really cheap minimum, but id love to have the biggest budgets imaginable and just let story telling go wild. not just for me, but for others. id love to hear people pitch me multi season ideas, let them decide where it should end, and just hand them the money and see how cohesive the stories are compared to the current format of not knowing how or when it will end.
>>
4.5k for one year's health insurance
>>
>>17814227
>but id love to have the biggest budgets imaginable
Horrible idea. No limits, tend to actually lower creativity. Most revolutionary ideas came down to "shit, we can't pay to do that, let's find another way"
>>
>>17814246

some great ideas worked better because of lower budgets. some great ideas only worked because of higher budgets.

I've produced several series on a couple thousand dollar budgets, and I loved what I did. but having more money isn't going to make me a worse filmmaker.

and again, not just for me, but being able to just help all the independent filmmakers who just have a specific story to tell, as opposed to worrying about how much money its going to make and trying ot max that profit.

id love to found a network that comissions shows with a multi season plan and they can end on top instead of dragging out if they're good.
>>
>>17814005
Unless you're claiming to have reached enlightenment, then yes, you have desires.
>>
>>17814253
>but having more money isn't going to make me a worse filmmaker.
Definitely not, when it stays in reasonable dimensions. Take the gigantic GoT budget (for a series) it's still pretty reasonable given the scale of the project but throwing millions on director who used to work on budgets with 1/100 the scale, specially if the project doesn't necessary require it, tend to end up ridiculous. (and wasteful)

Though the general idea of providing creative people with means to put their ideas in reality is pretty cute. Hopefully art gets a stronger financial support after automatisation.
>>
>>17814292

it can, but again, i dont think it does.

the assumption here isn't that im going to give a sitcom 200 million an episode or anything like that.

but i would love to deliver movie quality action in a TV format. its hard to get that sort of look without switching over to animation.

once upon a time is probably a great example. horrible writing aside, its general execution would be better if it wasn't fitting such fantastical ideas into such a small budget.

all in all, it is just 'wishful thinking: the thread'. you say its 'cute' but its kind of the idea. just what you'd want in an ideal world.

truth is ill probably just spend the rest of my life working on ten dollar mini series but im okay with that.

im not like my old classmates who assumed tht their only ideas have to be big budget multi movie masterpieces and that they should just hold out til that falls into their laps.
>>
>>17813976
maybe 20k would get me outta my moms house and a place to rent across country. then I can find a less shitty job and live. Im in a bad part of the country. Ill give you a hint, we eat people's faces and its florida.
>>
>>17814005
I have a desire anon: maybe find a larger picutre
>>
>>17813976
3 mill bbby
>>
>>17814005
u dont desire medicine when ur sick?
>>
>>17815426
>getting sick
Do something about your immune system, faggot.
>>
One hundred trillion dollars ought to do it, I think.
>>
>>17813976
800k will get me a small house in Australia, so I guess that would be nice..
>>
>>17813976
3 mil for immediate plus upkeep and buffer until the part allocated for business and investing made returns so call it 5 mil. 10 mil if I really want to be comfortable and expedite business and investing returns.
>>
>>17813976
About 7 million to start up a legit senior citizen community not a nursing home, and the community would be open to all not just those who can afford it.

>Nursing care would be provided, but the community members would get to actually enjoy setting down in a walk-in bathtub and not get hosed off in a shower room.

>Community members even those with Alzheimer's and Dementia would be allowed to roam around the community with a helper instead of being restrained.

>The community would literally function as a community with activities that help support the community such as gardening/growing vegetables, a localized super market for members who are able and want to greet shoppers/other members, small retail shops that would sell members creations such as quilts, soaps, crafts, furniture etc,

>A senior bar with an enclosed cigar/smoking room for the smokers who are too old to be told what to do and plus if they want to smoke let them, but it would be monitored for safety reasons. The bar would also serve low content alcohol drinks to members that it would interact their medications, and virgin drinks for those that it would. The bar would also have 2 slot machines, a black jack table, and pool table but there would be a limit on how much a member could gamble/so perhaps a token-prize system to be in place.

>restaurants, a coffee house, a small theater, a bakery, and game center/dance hall for entertainment.

>Eventually I would like to have google cars for members to operate so they still will have a sense of freedom.

The point of this would be to support the senior members as well as other personnel within the community and job creation. But mainly to change how current senior living is in America, because right now most people want to die in those places and that needs to change. The golden years need to be something we can look forward to and enjoy-not a period filled with regret, sadness, a loss of freedom/independence, and waiting to die.
>>
>>17815870
*wouldn't interact.
>>
Like... 30k

Pay off my debt, fiancée's debt, then have a bit left over.
>>
>>17815870
>how current senior living is in America
They clearly should've joined politics like some of their wealthier peers.
>>
>>17813976
500 million. I want to escape ny current life completely
>>
About 600 dollars would do it, I'd pay my uni fee for the last semester and then my paycheck would be enough. I'll probably need to borrow money from my brother or somebody to pay the fee. Sighh
>>
Hmmm, to start a studio and hire like 4/5 people. I suppose without a physical studio about like 100k to pay everyone for about a year and see where we're at then.
>>
>>17813976
3200 euros
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.