[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>job offer to cook burgers >requires minimum 5 years experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: a1b.jpg (119KB, 602x655px) Image search: [Google]
a1b.jpg
119KB, 602x655px
>job offer to cook burgers
>requires minimum 5 years experience
>job offer to mop floors
>job offer to stock shelves
>job offer to dig ditches
>job offer to stand in one place without falling asleep or breaking anything.
>>
>>17813553
Can you not relate any of that to life experience Op?

>"I cook burgers at home all of the time."

>"I mop at home."

>"Every time I go to the grocery or hardware store I stock and organize my cabinets."

>"I am acquainted with how to use a shovel because I plant gardens, etc."

stand in one place without falling asleep or breaking anything.

>On this one I would say well, I made it to the interview while driving, and I do not tend to break things while shopping or at home. As for standing in one place tell them you are capable of doing that and have good foot wear.

All an employer wants to know is that you can do the job Op, and that style of experience is a way to knock out unreliable ninnies from applying.
>>
You're an exaggerating defeatist. I got my first real job with only a 6 month internship to back it up and that was $55,000 a year in friggin Tennessee, and I'm not in a math related field.

Puff up your resume and put on a good interview. Stretching the truth is expected, and half the point is to see if you can play ball. Just don't lie. Volunteer somewhere to get experience if you have none.
>>
>>17813553

lie. dont say a whole five years but say you got a couple months experience either at a job or volunteer work.

all jobs say they require experience. none do.

i manage a business. i got the job by claiming that i had 4 months of experience in an office... when really all i had was 4 hours of experience moving furniture in an office.

yet here i am, 2 years later, running the bussiness.
>>
>>17813599
>>17813616
>>17813618
Seriously, all the jobs I've applied to required a piece of paper confirming I had already done the exact same job FOR MONEY for a minimum of 5 years and not a day less. I was rejected specifically for lack of proof of my minimum 5 years experience.
>"I cook burgers at home all of the time."
I tried that and they said it didn't count as experience.
>Volunteer somewhere to get experience if you have none.
I tried that and they said it didn't count as experience.
>say you got a couple months experience
They said minimum 5 years or GTFO.
>>
>>17813655

then you need to apply more cuz you're clearly not looking very far
>>
>>17813655
There's plenty of places that don't
Try harder faggot
>>
>>17813599
Nope
There are enough candidates with real experience for when low grade jobs that it would be foolish of the employer to hire someone who hadn't already done the job for so long
There are far more people than there are vacancies in some places
>>
>>17813672
Name three places that don't.
Yes, I've applied to a McDonald's, and they required minimum 5 years experience.
>>
File: image.png (196KB, 750x1334px)
image.png
196KB, 750x1334px
>>17813681
Target
Panda Express
Pic
>>
>>17813655
Have you even looked at a jobs site? Just filter by requirements. And in this particular case, most won't hire any rando to be a chef. Start as a dishwasher.
>>
>>17813700

NO THEY ALL REQUIRE 5 YEARS.

>>17813687

we dont have those here. name 3 more.
>>
>>17813721
You fucking lie you little bitch
Tell me where you are

The point is you're making fucking excuses.

If it was life or death I bet you could get a job by the end of the week
>>
>>17813687
Target requires experience.
Panda Express doesn't exist in my area.
I don't have a driver's license.

>>17813700
>Just filter by requirements.
Filter "experience"? Literally 0 results in my area.
>>
>>17813725

if i dont get a job by next week ill be homeless, trust me im trying. you dont need to know where i live just trust we dont have panda express or targ et. why would i lie?
>>
>>17813735
I need to know so I know what's around because I know very few places that there isn't a target

Just the city name or county
>>
>>17813616
I had 0 days actual work experience and an unrelated degree for my current job. I just had life experience from building PCs and setting up servers and stuff like that. Common sense helped, since IT security is basically all common sense.
>>
>>17813727
>I don't have a driver's license.
then get one
>>
>>17813735
>why would i lie?
so you can throw up your hands and say THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE without really trying
>>
>>17813740

nope. i already checked, there is no target. ive lived here my whole life i would know.

why would you need to double check> trust me i know.

>>17813752

thats not what i want tho. i want a job
>>
>>17813725
>If it was life or death I bet you could get a job by the end of the week
I have spent entire days, from dawk to dusk, walking the streets of my town, asking EVERY COMMERCIAL BUILDING THERE IS for a job in person. Any kind of job in any kind of business. I wasn't picky.
Most were not hiring. The rest demanded experience. If there had been A SINGLE ONE that considered possibly hiring without experience, you might have a point. But I never found any.
>>
>>17813759
I don't need to double check I need to see what's around besides target
Like actually check jobs for you
>>
>>17813746
Why? It costs money and I have no reason to believe it will help.
Can I apply for a truck driving job, tell them I don't have a license but can get one if they promise to hire me later, and they'll do it?
>>
>>17813779
You're an idiot who would prefer to bitch on the forch and mope in your mom's house and that's why you can't find a job.
>>
>>17813776
BTW there are two anons in this thread with the same problem. I'm not the anon you replied to but I'm telling you anyway.
I'm in Montreal, the west side. There was a Target here, for like half a year and now it's gone. It wasn't hiring without experience.
>>
>>17813727

Target requires experience for a manager position. Not for a sales floor position.
>>
>>17813800
Totally off topic, but what the fuck happened to target in Canada?
>>
>>17813776

so why not just tell me how you'd do it and i can do it myself?
>>
>>17813793
I don't live in my mom's house. I live alone.
Why should I get a driver's license? I can't afford to pay for driving lessons if I'm not reasonably sure it will help.
>>
>>17813800
There's a lot of jobs on Craigslist I just checked, a lot without experience needed
Some that train too
Be less picky

>>17813820
I would teach a man to fish but you would just complain how your rod isn't the proper size or your line isn't strong enough the whole time
>>
>>17813846
>jobs on Craigslist
Oh, I didn't know Craigslist did that. I've been searching in other sites. Thank you!
>>
>>17813681
Where exactly do you live? All three of those places in my area are considered entry level jobs. Fuck, my current employer is hiring (trying to anyway, no one wants to work it seems) and all you need is a fucking heartbeat and a way to get there.

Either you are full of shit or lower your standards. I was getting a McShitburger the other day and the chick at the drivethrough door was a highschooler.
>>
>Things that have never happened
Shitty jobs are going to hire people who have had shitty jobs before. Experience is experience, but is by no means a requirement.
You're a faceless application in a sea of a million, you just have to keep trying.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.