[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/ so i'm a 25 y/o borderline hikikomori whose mother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1479871925496.jpg (972KB, 1373x1722px) Image search: [Google]
1479871925496.jpg
972KB, 1373x1722px
hey /adv/

so i'm a 25 y/o borderline hikikomori whose mother is having surgery today to remove a pre-cancerous growth. she had full-blown cancer a few years back so taking the news this time, even though it wasn't as bad, was really hard on her.

she needed someone to drive her to and from the hospital for the surgery and i can't drive, so my half-sister volunteered to drive her. on account of being a mentally ill shut-in i'm basically estranged from my half-sister and haven't seen her for over two years. the times we have seen each other we haven't gotten along but there have never been any major fights.

i think me and my half-sister are mutually uncomfortable around each other but i was willing to put that aside when i saw her for the sake of our mother. i wanted to go with them to the hospital and be with our mom before she went into surgery. my half sister didn't know i was going until she arrived this morning and she immediately threw a fit, saying that if i was going too then that was ridiculous, why did she have to drive so far and take the day off work if another adult was going with our mother, etc. i tried to be calm and explain to her that i wanted to be with our mom and that i couldn't drive. she started insulting me and even though we were sitting across each other at a table and i was speaking calmly, she angrily told me to get out of her face, walked away, and started gathering up her things to go back home without taking our mom to the surgery. i told her that if she felt that way then i wouldn't go, because i didn't want to get into a fight hours before my mom was having surgery. my half sister stayed and they left together as planned about 3 hours ago.

i'm fucking furious. i don't know exactly what to say when they come back but when our mom is resting in bed i know that i need to tell my half-sister that what she did isn't ok.

what should i do?
>>
why dont you learn how to drive?
>>
>>17813526

i will but there wasn't really time in the half hour before we were supposed to leave this morning
>>
>>17813535
>>17813535
what about in the past 9 years? clearly your half sister is extremely frustrated and upset because of the situation, but its obvious she sees you as a burden who unfairly makes other people step up to fill your obligations.
>>
>>17813548

i understand that and her frustrations about my uselessness are legitimate, but that doesn't justify what she did. she's the one who volunteered to take our mom before she ever knew i was going, she decided to pick a fight hours before our mother's surgery, she's the one who threatened to leave if i went, and all of this was simply because of her personal discomfort around me, not because i was being a burden.
>>
>>17813568
That's completely fair and she ought to apologize of course.
>>
final bump before inevitable confrontation. will post aftermath when it happens
>>
yeah so it went horribly. greentext in another post
>>
so her and my mom arrive back while i'm in the bathroom (no not jerking off)

>Mom is in the kitchen, no sign of half-sister
>I ask mom how surgery went, does she have any prescriptions or post-op instructions, does she want anything, etc.
>Sister comes rushing the stairs, rushes past me, hugs mom, and quickly says goodbye and that she's leaving
>"Wow that fast?"/"Yeah I want to beat the traffic."
>As she is furiously bolting for the door I ask if I can talk to her before she leaves.
>Doesn't even look at me, makes a pissy face, and smugly says "No!"
>I say "We need to have this conversation now or I never want to have it--"
>She's now outside the door and mockingly goes "Ooooooh!"
>"-- because if we don't then don't come around anymore and and don't have your kids come around anymore."
>Walking to her car and goes "Oh, big man! You're an idiot."
>I say "Fuck you."
>She gets in the car and gives me a mocking look.
>I kick the car door and walk away.
>She drives off.

Her and her ex-husband got divorced because they got in a fistfight and I now understand why. Hope he beat the shit out of her.
>>
>>17814249

>>33104067

Afterwards my mom doesn't cry but she asks what that was all about. I tell her about what happened between me and my half-sister earlier in the morning when she was upstairs, that my half-sister refused to take her to the hospital if I went, that she started getting ready to leave when I didn't back down, that she gave some excuse about how if there was already an adult who could take my mom then her time had been wasted, then she started insulting me, refused to talk to me when I wouldn't back down again and told me to "get out of her face," etc.

Mom reveals that half-sister didn't really want to ever take her to get surgery, even though she immediately offered to when told about it. Said she acted like it was really putting her out the whole time and the only reason she followed through was because my mom drove my sister to/from the hospital last year. Mom says that if half-sister had known I wanted to come ahead of time then she would never have agreed to drive her.

We agreed that she was a cunt. My tendy privileges remain intact.
>>
>>17814291
>She's now outside the door and mockingly goes "Ooooooh!"
>"-- because if we don't then don't come around anymore and and don't have your kids come around anymore."
>Walking to her car and goes "Oh, big man! You're an idiot."
>I say "Fuck you."

forgot to add that around this time she mumbled something about how we hadn't "talked to each in 5 years" and when she said the "big man" line i said "i'm not trying to be macho i'm trying to solve this between us" which is when she called me an idiot
>>
>>17814249

She sounds like a big, self important bitch to be honest. Reminds me of my older sister. Picking fights, starting drama unnecessarily and not finishing things when the discussion gets serious, only leaving on a bad note in an arrogant tone like they're above what they started. My sister even had to whole 'fist fight in a relationship' thing too if you can believe it.

The best thing to do to these people is not give them time or just not let it affect you. It drives them mad since they're fueled by daily drama. I did this and it was kind of funny to see my sister's utter confusion since I wasn't playing along. It seriously threw her off.

Your position in life isn't good but at least it sounds like you really care for your mom. Sounds like your sister is just a grade A bitch. Take care anon and learn how to drive so you won't have to deal with this again.
>>
>>17814299

Sounds like she's the problem and one that will never be solved. Let it go and focus on bettering yourself and helping your mom.
>>
>>17814314
>not finishing things when the discussion gets serious, only leaving on a bad note in an arrogant tone like they're above what they started

This is her exact M.O. She did it to me twice today and I've seen her do it to my other siblings. If you challenge her she will literally try to physically get away from you as fast as possible while spouting insults and trying to get the last word, like a skunk spraying and running.

My mom said she respected how I felt but that she wasn't going to just ban my half-sister and her kids from coming around, which I get, it's her house and my sister is her kid too. But I'll probably never see her again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.