[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have any outlandish goals in life? Like how many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (4MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 2208x1242px
Do any of you have any outlandish goals in life?

Like how many of you out there haven't been crippled by reality yet and still want to be famous musicians or that next big movie producer.
I'm talking about all of those people who are working meaningless jobs and doing what they haft to to make it in life but still believe in dreaming?
>>
>>17813364
I wanted to be the first man on mars for the majority of my adult life.. but depression and self loathing combined with a complete lack of motivation to better myself has left me in my mid-twenties and only just finishing a environmental degree. I'm not even the right fucking nationality. Most astronauts my age have already completed some form of military training and my problems with authority have me unable to follow bullshit orders. I will watch someone else complete my dream on television one day... good one them though I hope they make it.

oh I work at fucking mcdonalds and most likely will for the rest of my miserable life.
>>
>>17813364
I do. I don't even know what they are, but I take every single opportunity that I can, and its tripled my salary and taken me across the world so far. No idea where I'll be in 10 years though.
>>
Dreaming is useless if you don't pursue it.

Nothing wrong with working a shit job, as long as "shit job" contributes to your end-game.
>>
>>17813396
That's pretty inspirational shit, wherever you end up in ten years I'm sure it'll be a hell of a place
>>
I want to be a professional wrestler and make a living doing it. I work a shit job but I work 4am until 8am so I have all day to go to the gym, watch tapes and can still appear on shows I'm booked on albeit all very tired. Even if I don't reach my end goal it's given me many wonderful opportunities and experiences and whilst I was expected to be a grade A student who went to uni and passed every spectacularly I wouldn't trade any of choices in for anything else. Life is for living and I'm doing my own thing, not following the path travelled by many
>>
>>17813432
Holy shit dude this is OP
and I actually made this post because that's my dream and I've had a lot of family members knock me for it.
I wanted to see if anyone else still believed in their dreams enough to pursue them or if I was just crazy.
>>
>>17813458
Go for it brother. I have friends all over the world and country through wrestling, even met my girlfriend through it. The only thing I'd recommend is that you make sure you take it seriously yourself and others will. Eat healthy, get in shape, train hard and bust your ass off and people will have no choice but to take it seriously when they see your work pay off. Best of luck
>>
File: 68.jpg (180KB, 640x640px)
68.jpg
180KB, 640x640px
>>17813364
I want to become a billionaire who invests heavily in technology and social initiatives.

Becoming "rich" is something every has as their goal, but I suppose what sets me apart is that I actively pursue it and am doing things towards it. It's a really high goal, but it doesn't really matter if it's high or low - because if you don't pursue it, it's not going to happen. The key with goals is to always keep going, exactly what this anon said: >>17813404

So, while it is outlandish and absurd, it is something I will continue to pursue fully - continuing to network, improve my skill-set, raise capital etc. I have the privilege of being born in a /comfy/ rung of upper middle class, as well, with family members with their own businesses, political contacts, etc.. which means I just need to tap into my network.

>>17813389
Where are you from? I am interested in space exploration and that sort of thing too, but I'm still weighing up where I want to focus my career. I'm studying Economics and Information Systems, and getting involved in Information Technology. From there, well, I'm thinking get an engineering degree in mechatronics, but that would be over ten years from now and obviously subject to a lot of variables, such as if I get hit by a bus tomorrow.

>>17813432
I admire this. Follow what you want to do, so many people live miserable lives just so they can drown themselves in money for the purpose of then drowning out their miserable lives.
>>
>>17813458
>and I've had a lot of family members knock me for it.
If anything use this as a motivator, showing critics that they were wrong is an amazing, and very likely one of best feelings there is.
>>
I want to live in Japan. Ever since staying there for vacation, I've always thought the place was wonderful. I was a "gifted child" so everyone and their mother wants me to do STEM/CS or whatever and while I'm not opposed to it, the pressure to do well in college is really biting on me. Ever since starting college, I realized that there was more to life than school and the internet. All my friends have left me. My parents still love me dearly, but I've been thinking of packing up and starting over. I don't even know what to do anymore. I'm no longer succeeding. I don't find any pleasure in anything besides buying things.
>>
I'm 100% sure I'm going to be a multi millionaire in my lifetime

I don't care about what it buys I just always wanted it since I was little
>>
>need two years xp first and currently weedling my way into a company to get that xp
>going to get online work
>may be sooner if I can figure out how
>live in a van, save 50+% of income as a 10/hr slave
>going to make that 80-90% as my income rises
>get the student loan debt killed, get a fat savings to fall back on in hard times
>continue online work part time, maybe like 10-15 hrs a week
>live in a van, travel the country
>eventually go on month+ stints abroad doing whatever

I've completely given up on family, material possessions, home ownership, luxury, and other bullshit. I want freedom.
>>
>>17813364

I want to be the Secretary-General of the United Nations. I'm trying to plan my career and interests accordingly, but I don't have the faintest idea if it's even vaguely possible. Time will tell.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.