[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will do a professional presentation in 2 weeks and I have never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: help.png (1MB, 1440x852px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
1MB, 1440x852px
I will do a professional presentation in 2 weeks and I have never presented anything this would be my first time presenting something in university and I would like some tips how to present to the audience. Im very timid and shy and sometime and I lack confidence but I still have to do the presentation. So please can anyone give me tips how to tackle this down? I need to learn how to give presentations from now on. Also the presentation lasts for 15 minutes. Any tips or recommendation is more then welcome! Thank you for reading this
>>
>>17813063
It really varies from person to person.

Some people feel way more comfortable if they learn the whole thing by heart beforehand, but others just kinda prepare some talking points and improvise the whole thing from there. So you'll need to identify which one of these approaches might suit you best. Both have their pros and cons.
>>
>>17813067
I will probably go with memorize the whole thing it would be easier since i would be writing the slides but then if i memorize word by word i might miss some stuff and stumble upon my words. what would be the pros and cons of this?
>>
>>17813073
You said it yourself, the obvious pro of memorizing everything is that you have a better chance of saying everything you need to say. The obvious drawback is that if you make the slightest mistake, it becomes VERY obvious. Also I find memorized presentations come off as boring, stiff, and it doesn't really show much confidence. Could just be me though.

My approach is kinda different. I usually just make the slides, and think: "what would I like to say about this slide?" I write it down in bullet points (could be on the actual slides), and then at the actual presentation just kind of casually go over them like I was talking to some colleague or friend. Be like "Oh yeah, diminishing returns. You see, what I'm trying to point out here is ...." and just kind of go from there.

The obvious advantage is that even if you forgot to mention one or two things, nobody will ever notice, since it doesn't show if you're just kind of casually talking.

I'm not really happy about how I'm explaining this here, but I hope you kinda get the gist.
>>
>>17813086
Thank you so much Im really happy for replying! I might do mix of both i would memorize but like say whats on my mind on each slide i think this will make the presentation more interesting Im gonna make bullet points on each slide to help me know what should i say on each slide. Also if you're comfortable with it can you tell me how was your presentation went with you when you presented it for the first time? what advice or tip would have given yourself at the time of your presentation ? (Sorry for bombarding many questions its just im kinda stressed and i really want to know how you dealt with it)
>>
>>17813124
No problem, glad to help.

I've given a fair few presentations at university so far, and they all more or less went the same. I get pretty nervous 5 minutes before I have to go, but the second I start talking that all disappears and I just talk and go through the slides until I'm done.

I usually sit down casually on the teacher's desk, I don't like standing there all stiff and shit. But obviously that's not appropriate for every environment.

There's not really one magic piece of advice that will help you. You WILL be nervous before the presentation, maybe during it too. Don't panic if you fuck up and mispronounce something, but laugh it off.

The best guarantee to make everything go smoothly is to make sure you know your shit.
Understand the bigger story you're trying to tell, then simply tell it. Don't worry about the details, that's what the slides are for. It's as simple as that. Good luck.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.