[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I have no experience and trying to get a first job via applying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_ohe02hViIM1u4nbmvo1_1280.jpg (240KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohe02hViIM1u4nbmvo1_1280.jpg
240KB, 1280x960px
If I have no experience and trying to get a first job via applying online, should I make a resume with what skills I possess and a cover letter? It seems redundant to have a no experience resume and a cover letter. CV is the same thing right? Or should I just skip both and apply with no resume online?

Also, if job pays ten dollars, what's the max distance I should travel for the job? 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins?
>>
bump pls help
>>
heres what I did. I took a really shitty job and worked at it a couple months then I applied to a les shitty job worked there for a couple months then finally with the experience I had I applied to a ok job and worked there for a year.
>>
>>17812377
I'm applying to every job I see in the area, your advice doesn't help
>>
>>17812386
dude have you tried craigslist labor jobs?
>>
>>17812354
>should I make a resume with what skills I possess and a cover letter?

I guess, but if you have no skills, seems pointless. You can always bullshit something and use that to get your foot through the door though. If you are good in the interview and have good hours of availability, then you're in a good spot

My first two interviews were for companies I never sent resumes to. I just listed my availability. Either way, it's good to have a resume just in case it's requested

>ten dollars
I'd say 30 mins max. Commute time (with traffic) + gas for 10 dollars/hr is not worth. But then again, you can't be picky for your job if they are the only place that showed interest in you. Best to take it anyways to get exp.
>>
File: battle royale winner.jpg (156KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
battle royale winner.jpg
156KB, 768x1024px
>>17812354

just bullshit things, man.

"I don't have any experience" big fucking deal? Did you ever play sports or join a club of some kind? That's called teamwork and responsibility. You always came to practice on time and supported your teammates. You take charge and take the lead in group projects at school. etc.

That shit counts for stuff when you are applying to shit jobs to start off with.

CV is the same thing, yes.

Oh and for references, try to keep it to people who are not in your family. Have a teacher or friend do it (just make sure the friend knows how to bullshit correctly in case they call).

As for the travel time, that's up to you. Are you driving to the job or riding a bike or what? If driving, you need to factor in gas prices and wear/tear on your vehicle. Generally, for a starter job, I think that 10 to 20 minutes is acceptable if driving outside of large cities.

Also format your resume clearly. You can be creative if you have talent but make sure it is easy to read. Colors are your friend but keep color changes to a minimum.
>>
>>17812354
There are sample resumes online. Find a skill-based one. That's where, in the place usually used for experience, you list your skills. These include potentially professional things, like programming or photography, but also picked-up-on-the-way things.

Meanwhile, you don't have to have been paid for something for it to be experience. As someone noted, being an officer in a club equals executive experience, leading a discussion or group project in school equals training or management, etc.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.