[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a senior in college, and I am having an issue with a teacher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: scaredboyishomealone.jpg (17KB, 350x372px) Image search: [Google]
scaredboyishomealone.jpg
17KB, 350x372px
I am a senior in college, and I am having an issue with a teacher in one of my classes that will really affect my life.

We had a large group project we had to complete as one of our final grades, and a week before we started it one of our group members dropped the class. The teacher did not cut us a break, wanting us to do the same amount of work with one less person. After spending over 12 hours in the library, we were able to finish the 30 page single spaced paper and submit it.

This is where the problem comes up, as she sent me an email today to "see her before the final about my grade". I go in to see her and she tells me our group paper was "Terrible", and that she didn't think I should take the final because "It would be a waste of my time because I won't pass", I currently have a 73%. The issue with her statement is she has not posted 3 grades yet, and could not give me an answer as to what those grades would be.

Another problem I have with her is that we never seem to talk on the same level. She takes everything I say as an attack and never seems to understand what I am asking. For example, when she told me the paper was "terrible" I said that was not very constructive, and that really made her angry at me.

I just got back from a job interview in another state that went really well, I am almost sure they are going to hire me, but now I have this issue. The company paid to fly me out and had an amazing facility. This spiteful bitch is going to not only fail me, but cost me a great job as well.

How should I handle this? Should I talk to the dean? Should I email her and ask to rewrite the parts she feels are lacking? Should I assume the organization that interviewed me won't care? Can I bribe her?
>>
I just got back from a job interview in another state that went really well, I am almost sure they are going to hire me, but now I have this issue. The company paid to fly me out and had an amazing facility. This spiteful bitch is going to not only fail me, but cost me a great job as well.

How is a college prof. unless they go out of their way to spite you will prevent you from getting a job?
If its really that bad I would take it up with the related Dean assuming your report really wasn't shit. What is the class if I may ask?

I had terrible professors however I have never had a professor that would go out of the way to stop me from passing. Even the worst ones would at least offer insight on how to improve or focus studying on.
>>
>>17812185
They are going to hire me under the assumption I get a degree, if I fail this class I won't get a degree.

The class is called Business Strategy, it's just a bullshit course that everyone in the business college has to take senior year.

I just hope the dean can do something, I don't know if they even care about this kind of thing.
>>
>>17812378
Sounds like your professor is being absolutely ridiculous.
I think talking to the dean is a good idea. If you clearly, calmly, and politely explain the situation I think the dean will definitely see that it's messed up.
>>
>>17812067
Professor (not yours) writing here.

Do these things, in this order (stopping when you don't have to go further)

1. Go back to the teacher. Instead of being confrontational ("That isn't very constructive") ask for help - "What can I do to make it better or make up for the failure?"
2. If you get nothing from her, stay within the department and go to the undergrad adviser or department head. Here your argument HAS TO be prejudice - that in some way she is treating you differently from others in the class. (Did everyone else in the group get an F on it?)

3. Depending on how things are organized there, the head/adviser will either talk to the prof and report back to you, or arrange a 3-sided meeting and judge, or have an in-department committee judge. (This will be a matter of university policy, so they don't choose which one to use)

4. If you still aren't happy you can go to the dean - but now you will be claiming that the whole department has it in for you personally, which is very hard to argue.

Meanwhile there is another road. Tell the employer that your F in that course was the result of a bureaucratic error - someone in the office didn't register your withdrawal or something like that. Since all you need is another 3 hours you can pick up at night classes, they may very well give you the job anyway.
>>
>>17813017
Thank you for that advice, I will try to do what you wrote out. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and I can start my career
>>
Wow what a fucking bitch. She probably has a crusty vagina.

How old are you OP?
>>
>>17813855
She's just your typical liberal college professor who takes things too seriously.
>>
>I said that was not very constructive, and that really made her angry at me.
what'd you do next, call her a cunt? the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>17813873
There's obviously nothing wrong with him. A natural reaction to confrontation is more confrontation.

The abnormal one is the one who handles it well.
>>
>>17813865
Fuck.

What uni do you go to?
>>
>>17812067
Junior in college here. I would ask around for the average for their papers. If your grade is seriously off, then it might be that she graded it more harshly. Ask another student to read your paper and get their feedback if it is truly shit.

Go see the professor again. Kiss her ass and ask shit like "what can I do to make this better" or "im not happy with the quality of this work, is there a chance that you might regrade it if I majorly rework this?". Just stroke her ego, it is the quickest way to end this. If she is still a hardass, says no and gives no feedback on what went wrong: you need another approach.

If it isn't shit and your grade is way far off from the rest, go see the dean or the head of student affairs about the issue. Dont give a biased narrative, as theyll more likely let the case go than fire staff members. Explain the significance of this in terms of your job and explain that she hasnt graded other assignments yet.

Also, get a new group. It might be that she sunk you because of her relationship with some of your other group members. Even if that isn't the case, don't associate with people she is willing to fail.
>>
>>17814286
Sorry.
*Average of other group papers
If everyone failed OP, ask her if there will be a curve in the class.
>>
>>17814286
>>17814289
As far as i know everyone else in the class got a around a B, our group is the only one that got such a low grade.

Our paper as a whole is not bad, at least from what I have seen in other groups papers. I certainly don't think its worth the F we got on it.

I guess I start writing her an email to see her, thank you
>>
>>17814337
Yea. I'd ask the professor what went wrong in the paper. Normally when this happens (if she is a libtard professor) you probably wrote something that either triggered her or she knows is wrong.

Ask her what went wrong and get another student who got a B to read your paper. If the professor can't give you a straight answer as to why your paper was "shit" there is obviously something else going on.

Don't go to the dean unless you know she is fucking with you. Bring a group mate with you to her officer hours. Make sure the 2 of you hear her explanation. If you go to the Dean, s/he will separately call in the professor for her side of the story. She will shit talk you if she is biased as you claim.

OP: you need to bring a group mate to her office hours, kiss her ass to get her answer to why she think the essay is shit, and get another classmate to read the paper. If you don't you're fucked because at the end of the day, it is your word against hers. Let me tell you from experience: Deans always believe the faculty unless they think you will sue. You don't sound like a SJW to me, so you're fucked if you don't have outside evidence.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.