[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm casting models/extras for a short film. I've tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: eric_anastina91_s.jpg (21KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
eric_anastina91_s.jpg
21KB, 150x150px
I'm casting models/extras for a short film. I've tried Craigslist, Actors Access and Stage 32. Most of the roles are paying. I'd prefer not to spend money on the ads because I'm already losing cash on the project.

What else should I be doing?
>>
>>17811859

lacasting if you're in la. thats what i use. free, the actors pay. though its REALLY hard to get extras.
>>
Facebook, try to get actors to share it amongst each other. Most of the time they have friends who also act who forward it to their friends etc.

Alternatively, try posting it to your local college facebook groups, specifically their Arts department.
>>
>>17811859
Breakdown Express. That's what the industry actually uses.
>>
>>17811880
Breakdown Express posts to Actors Access. That's how I posted there.

>>17811865
I'm in Chicago unfortunately.

I'm paying them beer and pizza. The featured extras get $10. I would like to pay more, but it's coming out of my pocket unless I get lucky and a crowdfunding campaign succeeds.

>>17811869
That's a good idea. I'll give it a try.
>>
>>17811907

i feel ya. i wish ya luck man. try and pull favors wit has many friends as possible, promise a party afterwards.

send lou mal nattis.
>>
>>17811950
I've tried, but no one knows anybody. It doesn't help that I went batshit crazy ten years ago and alienated most of my friends.
>>
>>17811977

it does not. but if it makes you fee lany better, i probably wouldnt be able to pull any extras at all, so i just dont write scenes that have em... and i live in LA, home of the extras.
>>
>>17811987
I figured offering free beer and pizza would be enough to get some people in front of a camera, even with their shirts off. Weird.
>>
>>17811991

most people can get beer and pizza on their own they dont need to show up and stand around for a while unfortunately.
>>
>>17811994
It's free and they'd only have to hang around for an hour or two, at most.
>>
>>17811997

they dont think in that though. cuz they gotta think 'i gotta show up, and stand around, and not talk when filming'.

you gotta remember theres a reason you arent running around being an extra in other peoples videos. no one wants to be.

most extras who work for free or food only ever do it once cuz they see how shitty it is and its wasting their time.
>>
>>17812001
I don't because I only want to be a writer/director, but that's not a bad way to make connections.

Good idea. Thanks.
>>
>>17812001
How much would I have to offer to make it worthwhile?
>>
>>17812008

>i dont because i only want to be a writer / director

no one showing up wants to be an extra. and being an extra for more than one day gives them nothing of value.

>but thats not a bad way to make connections

its a horrible way to make connections. all they do is meet other extras, in the same shit situation they are in. the writer / director doesn't mingle with everyone and find the select few who are talented at standing.

its the reason its so hard to get extras. after you've done it once, you are done.

>>17812017

me personally, if i was making like ten bucks and i was an actor id be good with it.
>>
>>17811859
Anon hello
I recently whent to nine9 cause i was intrested as being an extra. Also in chicago im tried of the norm jobs i need something to feed my creativity. I realized nine9 was a scam i would be intrested in learning what i can
>>
>>17812426
I'll steer clear of them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.