[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today my girlfriend told me that if I don't agree with her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_Ena_6.png (442KB, 535x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_Ena_6.png
442KB, 535x810px
Today my girlfriend told me that if I don't agree with her politically then I am against her. I told her to drop it and I don't want to discuss politics because it's volatile. Please don't do it. She was insistent in telling me I'm a bad person and that I'm selfish. I told her I'm dedicating my life to charity work(education, training, food assistance and fixing old cars and donating them) but continued to go on about how bad of a person I am because I disagree with her.

I don't care that we disagree. I encouraged her to find clubs and friends that share her views and she did so and I'm genuinely happy for her. I don't like her talking down to me, with disgust or shame or whatever because I don't agree with her.

And no I'm not an extremist nazi communist or something. I guess I'm somewhere between libertarian and conservative. I feel like a garden variety American honestly. She is in to social justice, leftist thought and anarchy/feminism. Which I disagree with ideologically I guess but it doesn't really matter to me or affect how I treat her.

She didn't used to be like this. She is getting really standoffish and rude and disrespectful and I try to avoid politics altogether.. Heck I dropped some of my political activities and people I talked to.

I've been with her for 3 years and she moved across the country to be with me. I've traveled with her and see her often as I can. Everything is a model relationship until she gets all politically charged and then she just removes all empathy or understanding and harasses me about politics

I feel very alone. I don't have anybody left to talk to. I got my gun and some whisky but I'm not stupid so it's just sitting in front of me in my closet.

I know the simple answer is just break up but is there anything else.. We've invested a lot together I don't want to just throw it all away over petty politics
>>
>>17811669
Sometimes politics are big in a relationship, and if she wants to be political with you then you should be. I met my girlfriend at at a politics debate and we both are huge conservatives, and talk about politics often. If your girlfriend likes politics and would like to discuss them, then you should if its a big passion of hers.
>>
>>17811693
The only reason I don't want to is because she resorts to insulting me and degrading me. Something I'm not willing to do to her.

If we were to discuss the pros and cons of a flat tax rate, she would say it disadvantages xyz and I'm just selfish and hate minorities and I'm a dirty capitalist exploiting people. This sounds hyperbolic but this is where the conversation goes until I'm in tears because she makes it personal and goes for blood. So I just try to avoid it instead
>>
>>17811669

you arent bad anon, even if you were a trump tard you cant be that bad if your mindset is that you can date someone with different views.

>i dont want to throw it all away over petty politics

sure. but does SHE? ask her, are you so bad that you cant be dated. talk her through it.
>>
>>17811669

Political opinions reflect world views, so it's hardly something that should be ignored. While you could make it work by ignoring politics altogether, it's likely that your different interpretations of the surrounding world and society will cause other problems down the line. There's really no need to agree on everything, of course, but having similar basic ideological views is good for the longevity of the relationship.
>>
Tell her that she's an intolerant feminazi and watch the glorious fireworks happen.
>>
File: lkNiK.jpg (144KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
lkNiK.jpg
144KB, 960x640px
>>17811756
be this guy.
>>
Why do people act like politics is the only thing that matters in life?
Talk to her op, try to explain to her you don't want to discuss politics with her, it's not worth the upset.
I've seen couples that are political different but work just fine together and are happy.
If she doesn't accept you for who you are op, drop her.
>>
>>17811669
Get her to commit Sudoku. She sounds horrible.
>>
>>17811669

Religion, politics, and money are three of the biggest reasons couples have issues.

You've found reason #2. If she won't even listen, won't even care that she's hurting you because of your political affiliation, and seems to only look at that instead of your whole life, your whole life together... maybe you really should consider leaving her.

I know that's the 4chan standard for every relationship problem, but you need to sit down and talk to her. If you CANNOT talk to her about how she makes you feel over this, it's time to consider taking a break, or leaving. Because if she doesn't care about how much she hurts you here, how long will it be before she stops caring about the relationship in general?
>>
>>17811669
she is using politics as a scapegoat for her insecurities because talking down to people and hating them makes her feel good and accomplished even tho she didnt achieve anything
you never see smart succesful pople getting invested beyond braindead actors and poor journalist just low value people with an inherent hate for success
for her politics is a way to act in an agressive and violent manner and she doesnt realize it because of the high of the moment and all the people either irl or online validating it for her
i say explain this to her and force her to view the nuance on every situation, when she comes up with some dumb thing sit her down and talk to her about every bit of nouance in that thing, it isnt that hard and if she gets mad and she probably will explain to her thats nothing personal, that you arent taking a side and are just trying to discuss the subject and find a mutual understandment
remember she is looking for confrontation and nothing else and you so happen to be around
>>
>>17811728
you are a hateful individual that is desperate for someone to point you in a direction and tell you its ok to hate these people
there is no difference between you and pol
i cant begin to imagine all the things that went wrong in your life
>>
>>17811839

... what? anon, what are you talking about? hate what people? i dont hate anyone...
>>
>>17811845
trumptards in your own words
>>
>>17811855

jesus, you're butt hurt over that? i voted for trump anon. but there's a difference between a trump supporter and a trump tard anon.

and i dont even hate the tards mate, i just dont respect em.

my life is fine mate, you need to have a tea.
>>
>>17811860
you may aswell had said nigger its the only word i needed to hear to figure you out
i know a lot about politics, more than most hillary or trump voters and its not because i hate black or white its because the thought of someone getting into power for the wrong reasons terrify me
war terrifies me
the nsa terrifies me
the patriot act terryfies me
the fact that i see people voting for the pettiest and stupidest things terify me
its like watching a child play with a gun
>>
>>17811889
Wow bro don't cut yourself on those edges.
>>
>>17811898
If someone doesn't understand the consequences of what he is doing he shouldn't vote.
You are supporting someone who may aswell grab the power you just gave them and go and commit horrible acts of violence
>>
>>17811839
>>17811845
>>17811855
>>17811860
>>17811889
>>17811898
>>17811910

Like I said before, OP. Politics divides people. Look at these two.
>>
>>17811889

lol
>>
Confront her over her character assaults when you find a good opportunity.

It's not okay, and it's abusive.

If she doesn't stop, or at least attempt to make amends, you're in an unhealthy relationship.

For her, it's not petty politics. It's clearly a matter of right v. wrong.

The fact that you've stopped talking to your friends because of her only makes things worse. That's absolutely not kosher, and should have been a huge red flag.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.