[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no "real job" for two years >moms friend tells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>no "real job" for two years
>moms friend tells her of a bank
>he is good friend with manager
>he says I can meet her about advice
>went Monday
>mom just got home
>started shaming me about the meeting
>I went business casual with dress shirt, dress shoes, dress pants
>interviewer told friend who told mom
>how I was supposed to wear a suit
>my shirt wasnt ironed despite me ironing an hour beforehand
>how i didn't ask enough questions
>how I didn't make eye contact despite my best efforts
>she had told me I had good interview skills
>she told me to contact HR
>now I'm told I have a new meeting in 3 weeks
>friend feels so bad he wants me to meet him so he can give me a suit
>mom yelling how she will iron next time

I feel like a total failure. Not sure if this warrants /adv/. I feel like a charity case. I left that meeting feeling good, nice 30 minute meeting. Like I'm so incredibly socially retarded that I cant even get hired at a place where people behind the scenes are doing everything they can to help me. And I still can't get fucking job. What the fuck do I do???
>>
Listen man its perfectly normal to not understand this kind of stuff however if you're old enough to post here it is beyond unacceptable to not know these things
>>
>>17811239
Get your mom to dress you
>>
>>17811251
I thought I handle things well. Like firm handshake, please, thank you. Took notes. Copy of my resume on hand. Looked up company history. I asked about the position I would be qualified for, what a typical day was, anything i could prepare myself with should I get a call from them. I thanked the greeter on my way out. Like I though I nailed it.

Now I'm getting this news about how I'm a social retard. I'm gonna be nervous as fuck in 3 weeks.
>>
>>17811239
>a bank
That's the sole reason for any of those "issues". A bank is all about appearance. Most employees are overpaid hacks who combat the disparity between salary and competence by focussing on appearance. They have literally nothing else going for them.

>>17811266
See, a person with actual social competence would have addressed everything right during the meeting. Someone might be opposed to hire a son/daughter of the friend of the manager's friend.

Try to get a different job. They're not worth your time if they can't address issues in person.
>>
>>17811311
I have no desire to work there, but I appreciated what my moms friend did. Like I talked to HR over the phone and she laughed at mw because she asked what a salary I needs, I said around $10-11, she literally said laughing "haha well thankfully we can do better than that, we start most at your position around 13-14". Like I don't belong in this corporate world, and I feel fucking stupid right now. My goal is to apply like crazy and get a job within those 3 weeks. I don't want to go back to that lady and be all "oh, I see you actually wore a suit this time".
>>
>>17811349
Like I said, try really hard to get a job on your own. Otherwise, spend the three weeks to inflate your ego to match your future co-workers. It's really nothing more to it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.