[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been 3 years since I got dumped by my ex. I was just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

It's been 3 years since I got dumped by my ex. I was just scrolling through the newsfeed on facebook when I saw her make a status asking about what to buy for her boyfriend for christmas. And my chest just did the thing where you feel like your heart skipped a beat and it gets a little harder to breathe. Why do I still feel this way after so long and how do I stop it?
>>
Why do you still have her on Facebook you twat

That's how you avoid it
It's a natural response you're having and choosing to happen by keeping her on there

Other way is to get married but that's dumb
>>
>>17810369

Why haven't you deleted her and everyone associated with that part of your life? Seems like if this one post got to you then every other post would have been just as bad, like her uploading pictures of her boyfriend, becoming official online etc.

You're not abnormal for feeling this way, it's just that most people don't subject themselves to this kind of torture by keeping someone who dumped them on social media, just remove her and you won't have these feelings.

I've come to terms with the fact I will never stop loving my ex's even if the break ups were mutual, they will always hold a special place in your heart and were a valuable part of your life's journey. In saying that you want to make it easier for yourself to move on afterwards, so completely remove their trace from and and all platforms and just keep the memories in your head.
>>
>>17810464
>>17810442

we have a lot of mutual friends. so regardless, i'll still see her posts and comments even if not her status.

would it be bad if i block her, then i end up seeing her outside. like wouldn't it just make me feel bad then?

i really don't know what to do. i thought by having her on my facebook, i'll slowly get over her. i haven't been on facebook for the last year. just using the messenger app
>>
>>17810479

Not if you block her, it removes all trace of their presence, you can't even search each other anymore.

If you block her she likely won't even realise, it doesn't notify you or anything so she would have to be trying to send you messages to find out she was blocked.

After 3 years of being apart your priority should be how you feel not what she would think if she found out you blocked her.
>>
>>17810479
Yea it'll make you feel bad for a long time

Keeping her around on Facebook is a bad idea though

If you run into her in public you run into her, what do you want to hear?

There's no answer besides start dating more girls but that doesn't even work most of the time
>>
>>17810484
>>17810485
i'm not really worried about her finding out i blocked her. i just have alot of things i regretted that happened between us. like when we broke up, i didn't tell her how much she meant to me properly. i was just begging her to come back. i wanted to write a song for her but i never did because i was so obsessed over it having to be perfect.

and i slowly just ended up procrastinating cause whenever i worked on it, i ended up burning myself out. so i guess, how do I let go of my regrets. I still think we could have stil lbeen together if I just talked to her properly and completed the song
>>
>>17810513
A song wouldn't have changed anything. It's been 3 years anon, move on. She clearly has.
>>
>>17810369

because memories are powerful. they remind us of what we had, and what we lost. the reason not having to see them works is becuase we dont have to think about them or remember. but having them there makes our brain say 'THIS ISNT RIGHT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE IT WAS BEFORE' and it causes pain.

i have a similar reaction to a guy i never even dated. somethign about him was special to me and when i look back, all i see is him. so if i see a ginger guy wearing a gay looking red-purple shirt, suddenly my heart skips a beat. it just reminds me of him.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.