[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure what career path to take... I'm thinking along

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1429157909.jpg (20KB, 590x290px) Image search: [Google]
1429157909.jpg
20KB, 590x290px
Not sure what career path to take...
I'm thinking along the lines of either finance, healthcare, engineering or joining the military.

I've tried a variety of construction jobs and it just seems like I'm wasting my time with it and getting no where, just working and earning a shitty wage. while there's immigrants over here becoming millionaires I'm unqualified and doing shit tier jobs... I'm also interested in nature, cars/motorbikes, technology, the list goes on I'm just having a hard time deciding what to stick at. (brit from london btw)
>>
finance? No career you mean accounting. It sucks I'm in it last year school and hate it.

Healthcare? Nurse? Good but prep for not so pleasant tasks I guess

Engineering? If you can handle upper maths and physics then yeah

Military? Just do this option desu
>>
>>17810322
I dunno I like working up central london, so I'm sort of leaning away from the military now.

Finance I didn't specifically mean accounting I just meant anything in that sector. broker, accountant, etc

Healthcare, I mean just anything. Seems like an interesting job and they earn a good wage higher up.

Engineering, not really sure what it entails I'm just interested in a lot of engineering type jobs (Isambard Brunel type shit, to being an aircraft engineer)
>>
>>17810373
near impossible to break into any finance nonaccounting role. Everyone needs accountant, finance is a fancy way of saying sales, you either cut It or don't.

Healthcare, just go become nurse or if not work in a hospital for awhile. You can go the medschool route but its a lot of money and dedication

engineering, take some math/physics in local college first. If you like it then go for it otherwise don't do it.
>>
>>17810322
>>17810383
I appreciate the input guys.

Anyone else wanna chime in?
>>
>>17810418
its actually just one person, me. I only have one perspective so I think you should get other perspectives.
>>
>>17810521
thanks. i'll bear what u said in mind
>>
>>17810310
I'm in pretty much the exact same position.
Finance, I've been told you're not supposed to go into unless you have family or connections that you're certain you can work for.
Accounting would get boring after a while for sure, and it would be a long time before you start earning real money, what's the point in being wealthy when you're too old to use it?

Last I checked half of graduating doctors in Aus were immigrants, they seem to know where the money is
>>
>>17810660
I'm just worried that i've missed the boat for becoming something like a doctor and the market becomes flooded and the pay turns to shit.
>>
Go military. Gives you a chance to think about what else you want to do while having a secure job and place to stay. Also opens up a lot of opportunities (not sure what britbongs have as far as benefits), so you'll have easier opportunities after you get out.
>>
Can I get some more opinions please?
>>
>>17810310
Healthcare is veiled wage slavery in the US where you make such a disgustingly high wage you can live a comfy life of delusion that you really spent your entire youth working and learning about the business.

In the UK its like that but half the wages. "Freedom" has its benefits.

Always vote for anti-immigrant causes.

I guess TL;DR I would do Finance because you sound a little unambitious tbqh and perhaps you could luck your way into a good job. Engineering is really hard and you need to be willing to give your life over to it.

I don't like military so much because you might end up needing to kill refugees or do some pretty dark shit you will get PTSD from. In the US we have a suicide epidemic from all the killing we do so I think UK might be following us soon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.