[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, what are the chances of me getting into a UC (university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1478660912221.png (742KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478660912221.png
742KB, 800x700px
hey guys, what are the chances of me getting into a UC (university of california) with a gpa of 2.75 for biology? Am I fucked?
>>
transfer student too btw
>>
>>17809853
>2.75

How?
>>
>>17809859
got master tier in league lmao so worth?
>>
>>17809853
probably. I had a slightly higher GPA in an advanced program and tested in the 90th percentiles and higher (don't remember exactly how high like 31 on ACT and 20000 on SAT) on both the ACT and SAT and I didn't get shit for responses from the UC system. didn't matter cause my parents couldn't pay for shit, there weren't any grants or scholarships I could get, FAFSA said to go fuck myself, and unemployment was 16 fucking percent, so there were zero ways to pay anyways but yeah you're probably fucked. look more at two years that you have high degrees of reciprocity credit wise with the UC system, work to keep grades up, and transfer in. it's less expensive anyways, no sense paying all that money for requisite undergrad crap. though, all the california state and community colleges kept raising tuition like every two weeks when I was going. ultimately forced me out. good luck with that.

forgot I was that salty about colleges, at least I'm not 50k in debt with a useless marine biology degree or whatever. I'd much rather have worked and now have the irl experience to run my own business. fuck all that.
>>
>>17809853
Studying at Berkeley right now. I'm in economics, so it is not 100% comparable but I work for the economics department (which handles admission) as well as study as a ugrad student.

I'd say you could get into the lower tier UCs. I don't think youll get into the big 4 (Berkeley, LA, SD, Davis). you might get merced or riverside but i dont think you can make it to the higher end ones. The reason I say this is that the econ department here at berkeley states that you need a 2.7 minimum gpa in all classes at berkeley for transfers to be admitted into the major. I would think this gpa requirement is present in all the UCs. If you have a gpa from a a CC that is the same as our minimum GPA for BERKELEY courses (much harder) i dont think theyll admit you.
>>
>>17809870
I fucking hate the grants system.
>>
>>17809853
If you're white yes. If you're colored no. That's the honest truth.
>>
>>17810189
You have that the wrong way around. They want black people for diversity
>>
>>17810202
Yeah i know op asked if hes fucked. White = yes he is fucked. Colored = no not fucked.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.