[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23, almost 24, and it just hit me that I'm getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1428163328855s.jpg (6KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1428163328855s.jpg
6KB, 231x218px
I'm 23, almost 24, and it just hit me that I'm getting older fast and that the years just fly by. I've basically fucked around since I left high school and all I have to my name are like 4 years in oilfield and a 2 year community college degree. Never had a gf or friends for that matter.

What the fuck should I be doing? I feel so lost. Should I join the military before that option is out? Should I travel and have hooker sex? What do people my age even do? Am I on track or off?

All I really know is work, imageboards and anime and lately I'm just scared you know?

plz halp
>>
You sound like you're doing okay.

A lot of people are seeking relationships around this age and trying to find a life partner to settle down and marry because they think that's just what they're supposed to do, but imo, it's not a requirement for a happy life.

Also it's common to try to be building a solid career and trying to begin the steps obtain a privately owned home.

You can do whatever the fuck you feel like, though, it's your life.
>>
Congrats bud, you just arrived to " I just realized I'm an adult". In this stage of life you will notice people are getting married to somebody they met six months ago, people wasting their money on new cars and people travelling to Cancun because the internet told them that's what young people do.

If it makes you feel better, I'm 27, I've been in the same job for three and a half years and I'm starting to feel like I can do better. I don't have a gf because I dedicated the last 20 months to getting a master's degree, which I'm finishing in two weeks.

I don't have a house, I don't know what will happen next year in the love section since it's been a while since I dated someone for real. My only real friend lives in a far away country and he sometimes talks about getting married and having kids, which makes me feel uncomfortable.

But hey, the winter Steam sale is in a few weeks and I want to get Resident Evil 5
>>
>>17809677
>You can do whatever the fuck you feel like
That's what I've heard all my life yet I've been doing "what i want to do" and here we are.

Besides that's not the point. It's not about what I want to do, it's what SHOULD i be doing? Your 20's only come once, I don't want to blow them.

>>17809720
>If it makes you feel better, I'm 27, I've been in the same job for three and a half years and I'm starting to feel like I can do better. I don't have a gf because I dedicated the last 20 months to getting a master's degree, which I'm finishing in two weeks.

but at least it's something. you can legit say "i spend my 20's doing this" gnomesayan? I don't have that. It bothers me.
>>
>>17809736

If you have been doing what you genuinely want to do then why do you care what other think you should be doing? I assume you do what you want because that is what you enjoy, if you enjoyed doing other things then you would do them.

The only exception here is being unsure about what else you might enjoy but in that case just trial and error. Take up a hobby you think you might like or start a degree in a job field you think you would enjoy, book a trip somewhere with a friend or alone and experience travelling.

People fuck around in their 20's mostly, in and out of relationships, switching careers or career pathways and just trying to make the most of their freedom. If you're happy doing what you do then fuck what others are doing. There is also plenty and plenty of people in your position, you're having a quarter life crisis and it's very normal, it's not as if when you turn 30 you aren't able to do anything you can do in your 20's so don't think your age should dictate your next life step.
>>
>>17809664
Find a goal man. You sound lost: like you've just been doing a daily grind for too long. Go to college or join the military: but have a reason WHY. Ask yourself what do you want to do in 5/10/25 years? What makes you happy? What are you good at?

Honestly you could have a passion or a hobby and do that outside of work: work doesn't need to end but it cant be the only thing in your life.

finding people who connect with you over something similar is key to happiness and a sense of meaning (which I'm guessing you don't have alot of)

Traveling is like a drug: it is cool while you're on it but unless you have a goal to achieve while doing it the story will be lame and you will be no different then when you left on your journey.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.