[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something very peculiar happened today /adv/ >Set up lunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: bryan_rr.0.0.jpg (107KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
bryan_rr.0.0.jpg
107KB, 1310x873px
Something very peculiar happened today /adv/

>Set up lunch date with girl
>Tell her the place we're going
>She says she doesn't like it
>Okay where do you wanna go then?
>No response for hours
>Don't go to pick her up cause I didn't get any confirmation
>Text her again
>No reply
>Whatever
>Get text saying her phone died because she was out all day
>Ask her what happened
>Calls me and tells me she decided to go shopping with her friend
>Says is tired and then hangs up

I'm confused here, our last meeting went well, we made plans to so what do I even do here? I know for a fact that I didn't do anything wrong but is this normal behavior? Make plans with someone and they just ditch you last minute cause they don't like where you're going to get food, don't offer a solution, then go hang out with someone else? I'm very confused here, what do I even do going forward?
>>
Drop her. She obviously doesn't give a fuck. Instead of taking the 5 seconds to charge her phone or borrow her friends, she basically said "fuck it" and bailed.
>>
>>17809520

I'm just confused at the erratic behavior. The plans were set in stone then she just bails on me and goes and hangs with someone else.
>>
>>17809533
She could of just had second thoughts about the whole thing and didn't want to face you about it. You could try to set another date up, but if she pulls the same shit then I would just drop her.
>>
>>17809536
>You could try to set another date up

Nah too much work and hassle. I cleared up my schedule, picked out a nice place and was willing to drive out of town then I get canceled on unexpectedly. Don't know how second thoughts would come from, we've met like half a dozen times already, I was just curious if anyone else had another perspective or if I was seeing this with 1D glasses or if this is something common that girls do.
>>
Brad Pitt rule applies. Don't spend anymore time on her you'll only be further disappointed. http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/02/05/the-brad-pitt-rule/
>>
>>17809550
Eh, if it's not worth that hassle then I'd just move on. I've had girls do the same thing to me. Make plans, then cancel last second. Sometimes they have actual reasons or they "just don't feel like it". Shit happens.
>>
>>17809552

Thanks for this. Will apply in the future.
>>
Cut the bitch off. She pretty much stood you up, couldn't charge her phone or even tell you she changed plans before hand. That's scummy.
>>
>>17809514
>I'm very confused here, what do I even do going forward?

Drop her.

She's DEFINITELY inconsiderate as all fuck, and either:
Immature as heck
Or
Mentally unstable

I'm someone who's pretty accommodating when it comes to shit like that (once had a girl be ONE AND A HALF HOURS LATE, but it was for legitimate reasons, she kept me in the loop, and she was genuinely sorry).

But when someone can't even be bothered to be human enough to have common courtesy, why would you knowingly want to deal with that?
>>
>>17809514
drop her.
9 times out of 10 I've found "my phone died" to be bullshit. how many times does your phone die on a regular basis anon? how many women do you know that don't keep a spare charger in their purse? how many women do you know that are okay with their phones being dead? I haven't known many.

yu dun did get tol sum bullshit, boy.
>>
>>17809825
>I've found "my phone died" to be bullshit.

This is exactly what I was thinking and the fact that she said it died on the bus ride there. I was supposed to pick her up from her house in like 10 minutes, I didn't get confirmation cause she said she didn't want to go to where I picked out and left me hanging when I asked what she wanted to do instead. Doubt her phone just died.

I guess I am an idiot of sorts cause I told myself I wouldn't let myself suckered into playing dumb games like these with girls cause so far it's just been a series of her testing my resolve before she "fully commits" to anything but canceling plans like that today really bothered, could be one of her many games/tests but at this point I feel like I've just had the final straw.
>>
>>17809882
>I feel like I've just had the final straw

You don't FEEL like it, you've HAD it, literally forget about this woman after you finish reading my post.
>>
>>17809882
no, she went on a date with someone else to the mall, so she ghosted you. fuck that noise.

also, it isn't a straw that broke the camels back deal. there is no arbitrary number of straws to be met before it's ok to drop people. some things are straws, some things are anvils. if someone is increasing the weight they are putting on you for bullshit testing reasons then it's smart to drop them before they try to crush you just to see what it takes. keep in mind sometimes it's worth it to try to catch an anvil, but not when it's not a healthy, long-standing, relationship.
>>
>>17809514
you did nothing wrong. She is just mental. I advise you to stay away from her, she seems spoiled and selfish.
>>
>>17809514

Just be glad this happened so early so you don't waste any more time on her. You may not have done anything wrong but she obviously didn't feel right with you to back out of the plans you made, she went about it terribly but some people are like that, fear of confrontation and think its easier to just ignore and avoid until the other person gets the picture.
>>
>>17809514
Someday some genius is going to invent a hand-held gizmo that looks something like a texter but that you can actually talk to people through, using your voice and words and like that.

If something like that had existed, you could have "telephoned" her when she rejected your restaurant and got it all straightened out (one way or the other) before lunchtime.
>>
>>17810042

>Hurr why didn't you just call her?

You don't get it do you? I'd hang out with her like 2 days ago, she was the one who suggested we meet, I cleared my schedule and chose a place, she sperged out and said, "I don't wanna go there" and then radio silence for hours. How in the world you're trying to pin this on me is beyond logical understanding, it's as if you ought to treat women with little kiddie gloves and not rational adults who don't just randomly sperg out
>>
>>17809514
She's playing games. Just drop her until she contacts you.
>>
>>17809533
I've had this before and believe me, she's not worth it. If you can ever reciprocate the event do that, show her you are unaffected and continue talking to her. If it was a hit or miss occasion just skip her
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.