[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went in to a movie theater today and asked if they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1473668220941.jpg (55KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1473668220941.jpg
55KB, 600x550px
I went in to a movie theater today and asked if they're hiring. They told me to come in later this week for an interview and to fill out the online app in the meantime. The online app requires 3 personal references in order to be submitted. I have none.

Should I go back in and talk to them? Or am I basically locked out of this job? I've only worked one other place before and don't have contact info for anyone I knew there.
>>
>>17808759

fun fact, 'personal references' are not business references. they are personal references.

the best ones are generally teachers, extended relatives, or a neighbor you've done work for.

if you do not have any of these simply ask to be put on as 'co worker' with three friends.

guess what, they'll never call. I had bryan singer listed as a reference for 2 years. no one ever called him, with his personal cell right htere.

its basically a formality at this point.
>>
>>17808759
Lie lie lie

Buisness and lying are intertwined

And if you're ever caught you just say there was a misunderstanding
>>
>>17808792
Are you serious?
>>
>>17808796
Yea
It's the way the capitalism works

It's why sociopaths are great buisness men

Not saying you have to lie to succeed but it makes it really easy
>>
>>17808792
Troll advice here.

Occasionally a small lie can get your foot in the door, but huge fuckups are a great way to get people to mistrust you in a working environment. For example, I once recommended a family friend to my old boss because we needed a worker and she needed a job. I happened to overhear her interview. My boss asked her "so when are you available?" and she said "oh, all the time, every day, I don't have another job right now so you can put me on any time at all." Her very first day she saw the schedule and said to him "Ohhh. You put me one friday nights? Yeah, no, I can't work then. That's the only day I get to do a thing with my daughter." My boss had hired her partly because he needed somebody to work friday nights, and by then he'd already told his other friday employee they could have that day off. My family friend didn't last there long.

I say it's generally better to be honest about some shit.
>>
>>17808796

yes. if at first you dont succeed, lie, lie again.

why? because the systems rigged so you HAVE to lie. starting places want you to have 3 years experience. but it doesnt matter

they asked for personal references. friends, family, people who had authority over you.

and agian, they dont call them. and if they happen to call em, welp, you werent getting the job so doesnt matter.
>>
>>17808873
>starting places want you to have 3 years experience

He's applying to a movie theater. They're probably going to stick him on the snack bar with highchoolers that have at most only worked at mcdonalds for a summer. Keep things in perspective.

And, yeah, OP, just put down teachers or friends or shit. Anybody you've worked with or under in some capacity, even if it was a sport or something.
>>
>>17808897

>hes applying to a movie theater

i know.

>mc donalds

i know. but the place sstill say 'WE WANT THREE YEARS EXPERIENCE'. most entry level jobs still ask for experience.

so we lie. its normal.
>>
>>17808903
They ask because its the best way to find the best candidate, but they'll still take somebody even without the experience if there isn't a better option. On the one hand, lying better ensures getting the job in the first place, maybe that's true. But on the other, misleading an employer that you have experience when you don't may give them the impression you don't need as much training or assistance when you're first starting out, which can hurt you in the long run if you skip getting important basics behind the job covered properly. Also getting caught in a lie can fuck you over. At the very least, you gotta use some judgement and try not to lie too hard.
>>
>>17808924

thats literally what im saying mate. but putting down three fake references isnt going to ruin the job opp.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.