[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you make yourself work instead of browsing the internet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1480309002657.gif (1021KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
1480309002657.gif
1021KB, 500x274px
how do you make yourself work instead of browsing the internet? if i could make myself study 8h/day i would be 10 times smarter than i am
>>
File: chaika-party-hard-2.gif (396KB, 541x332px) Image search: [Google]
chaika-party-hard-2.gif
396KB, 541x332px
>>17808280
Multitask

Listen to music while you study or listen to lectures while you game

Getting a little exposure is worth more than none

Also study in short periods of times like 20 minutes
>>
By not posting this thread.
>>
>>17808293
>shit advice
>shit le trololol

M8, i really do suggest you pick one or lurk more. No one is amused, no one is angry, no one thinks you're anything more than a reject teeny faggot, and I can almost guarantee that this is the best advice you will get all week.

Lurk more.
>>
File: YouMad.jpg (30KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
YouMad.jpg
30KB, 600x457px
>>17808309
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 960x917px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 960x917px
Pure force. Much like the self propelled toy car, you keep pulling back until it starts clicking; right? Pulling it back any further isn't going to propel it any further. Actually as I'm writing this I'm realizing this is a terrible analogy. Perhaps you're somewhere in the adhd spectrum. Go see a mental health professional and maybe they can prescribe something to help you focus durring times you want to study. Finding things that really really interest you can help, because then those things will become the things that you browse the Internet for. Just make sure those things can help better your life.
>>
>>17808280
Most people can't work a full 8 hours
you'll burn out quick
take breaks, study and work in sprints of 20-40 minute blocks with 5-10 minutes of goofs in between
>>
>>17808586
I end up turning a 5 min break into hour long breaks. How do I stop myself
>>
>>17808609
You rak disiprin
>>
The best way to make yourself do something is to make it more fun, and turn it into a habit, and avoid having to exert excessive self-control by reducing temptation.

Start working at the same time every day. it's tough but once you get used to it, your brain will automatically switch gears when it knows it's time to work.

Keep yourself motivated by making it enjoyable. Listen to music that gives you energy, give yourself a reward like a small candy after a certain amount of time has passed without stopping. Slowly increase the length of time you study before you get the reward.

Also, use programs such as focalfilter to block websites that you know are problematic. Make it so you can't be tempted by that stuff, because you know you'll fall for them. If you know it's a weakness, remove it from the equation. That's the best and most effective way.
>>
>>17808827
Another tip I forgot to mention, that falls under the "make it fun" category is to have someone who keeps you accountable. I have a friend I chat on and off with all day, and we'll keep each other responsible. We make each other go to sleep, do boring housework, etc. You need the right person to do this but knowing that you're not alone doing a sucky thing makes it more bearable, and then you can congratulate each other when you're done, and that's enough of a reward for that extra little bit of motivation.
>>
If you don't work hard you will never be a Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' deelin', limousine ridin', jet flyin' son of a gun, and have a hard time holdin' your gators on.

So work harder and that could be you some day, or don't and be a jabroni.
>>
Once you start working, you get in the zone, and work actually gets fun.

But getting started is the problem.

The guilt of playing video games or whatever when you have important work you should be doing... Is HORRIBLE.

That horribleness is what kicks me into starting to work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.