[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This girl who likes me is afraid to talk to me and is super shy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 1473312347498.jpg (38KB, 265x302px) Image search: [Google]
1473312347498.jpg
38KB, 265x302px
This girl who likes me is afraid to talk to me and is super shy around me. We used to be great friends and talked daily, but now she seems to hug the walls (metaphorically) and stare at me. I'm also somewhat afraid to talk to her too now, because I don't know if she dislikes me for some reason. What do? I hardly ever see her anymore so I never get the chance to talk to her. She seemed really into me before and I wasn't aware of it at that time.
>>
"Hey anonnette wanna hang out and grab some lunch?"
>>
>>17808123

ask her on a date.
>>
>>17808129
>>17808130
We haven't spoken in like a week, you think that's a good idea? Especially via text? I wanted to ask her out but every time I ask someone out on text I'm rejected
>>
>>17808134

no one likes being asked out via text. its annoying. at the very least, you can call them.

that being said, shes either into you or not. if she is into you, then all you have to do is ask her out. this will confirm if she likes you or not.

why not just ask her out in person tho?

>i hardly ever see her anymore

give us context. can you show up where you know she'll be and ask her out?
>>
>>17808144
I see her every morning since we're in ROTC, but it's hardly good to ask someone out in uniform and we're sweaty. We tend to have classes when the other doesn't, and we don't have any classes together. If I could find her somewhere on campus I would, but she's kind of a recluse and studies in her room or the library (god knows where though). She's definitely somewhat anti-social like myself.
It'd be weird to call her since I never really do that, let alone text her.
>>
Take her hand in yours, kiss it and tell her you love her; while looking her in the eyes.
>>
>>17808163

>i cant do it because of stupid reasons

then just give up mate. you alreay talked yourself out of it

>IT WOULD BE WEIRD TO CALL HER SINCE I DONT CALL HER

by that logic, it would be weird to date her because you never dated her before :^)
>>
>>17808169
Bellissimo
>>17808179
I just realized I'm being stupid in this situation too... Thanks anon
>>
>>17808197

good. there is no reason you cant ask people out while in uniform, or even when sweaty. if you're in ROTC, you are young enough that this sort of thing matters even less. bitu no one really cares even at an older age.

no woman has ever said 'I TURNED HIM DOWN BECAUSE HE ASKED ME WHEN ONE OF US WAS SWEATY, THE NERVE!'

if shes into you, its a yes, even through text.

if shes on the fence, then you want to go the best way about it, in person.
>>
>>17808215
You're absolutely right, next time in person that's good enough I'm just shooting for it, because I miss her
>>
Another question, anyone know WHY she would do this? She hardly talks to any other guys so I don't think she found anyone else.
>>
>>17808229

good at it anon. open wit h that 'i feel like we havent hung out in forever. you wanna do XX this weekend?'

>>17808238

she could have liked you but given up. she could be on her period. she could have heard you liked her and got freaked out. she could be having a hard time with something personal. mercury might be in retro grade.

for soemone who claims not to see her you sure act like you know a lot about her.

point is that we could list a thousand reasons and still be wrong. only she knows. only she matters.
>>
>>17808266
We've already had "date like activities" alone though, should I just ask "would you like to go out" to state my intent? I hardly show interest in her, which is dumb on my part

Yeah, that's true. I've gotten to known her pretty well before she distanced herself, so we know each other pretty well hence the attraction. You're right though, it's trivial
>>
>>17808300

i like to say go out. an dthen when they agree i say 'great, its a date' just so theres no confusion.

this sometimes lead to 'OH.... i dont think i want to date rightt now'

which sucks to hear, but it confirms everything and you can move on.
>>
>>17808329
Sounds good mate, thanks
>>
>>17808349
Disregard that!! Go insane!
>>
As soon as she saw me she basically did a 180, ate quickly and left... Is this a hint to leave her alone or pursue her further...?
>>
>>17808557

>is this a hint

maybe its not a hint for either of those. maybe its just her doing her.

>basically dida 180

what does that mean?

>ate quickly and left

did you talk to her?
>>
>>17808572
I was sitting in the caf for dinner, she was talking to someone and then started walking in my direction, she looked at me and turned completely around and talked to the person she was talking to before, and glanced at me twice before going to the opposite side of the caf out of my sight, I was even sitting with some of her friends. I didn't get the chance to talk to her because after a few minutes I went to check if she was there and she wasn't, I was even in the caf before her.
>>
>>17808579

interesting. we cant say what it meant or why. for all we know it had absolutely nothing to do with you. you gotta remember you arent the main character in the movie of her life.

next time you see her, go talk to her. heck start texting her so that next time you see her its less awkward if you want. lay the ground work.
>>
>>17808588
I suppose so. If she does the same thing in the morning I'll probably text her then. This isn't the first time she's been avoidant, months ago I texted her why she's been avoiding me and she said she was "stressed and had a lot of work", which isn't wrong but still weird. Do you think I should ask her roommate? They're pretty close.
>>
>>17808598

no man. i think you should stop assuming you're the main character in her life.

etiher shes doing it to avoid you, or shes doing it indifferently to you and its just the way her life is.

best way to find out: ask her on a date. not ask her if shes avoiding you like some needy faget.

make a move. if you ask her out on a date you'll know for sure the one thing that matters: whether or not shed go on a date with you.
>>
>>17808608
I'm not really assuming I am, what makes it seem like I am? I guess if you think I should then I will, but asking her roommate doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.
>>
>>17808636

the fact taht every single little thing she does has to be about you.

>asking her roommate doesnt seem like a bad idea to me

why? because her roommate would never tell her? if i was this girl and that happened id find it weird. even if i liked you id find it weird, because you're going out of your way to ask people things like a middle schooler.

the only thing htat matters is whether or not shes willing to date you. the best way to find that out is to ask her on a date.

to do literally anything else is just delaying thei nevi table.
>>
>>17808649
Yeah I'm being stupid again, I'll just go in guns blazing then
>>
>>17808656

there you go mate.

its okay. a lot of people get in your situation. a lot of anons think they are only allowed to ask otu a girl if she 100% for sure likes him beyond a reasonable doubt.

the difference between the alpha and the beta is that the alpha doesn't care if he gets rejected. the beta things that life revolves around NOT getting rejected, and you can't get rejected if you never ask her out :^)

gotta get out of that mind set.
>>
>>17808664
Yeah it's a terrible mindset to be in, I don't know why I care so much at all.
>>
>>17808671

cuz you like her and pressure and when you do get rejected it feels awful... but its not as awful as you make it out to be. so remember that. life is stil lthe same as it was a day before. will be the same a day after. only difference is you know not to waste time with the girl.
>>
I've gotten pretty lucky meeting girls on hikes.
>>
>>17808676
Oh I've been rejected several times, and rejected others too. Never been on a fucking date before so maybe that's why. Nevertheless whatever if I ignore her I'll get the same outcome
>>
>>17808712
I should probably take a hike desu
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.