[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to control your anger? I have bouts of uncontrollable anger,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How to control your anger? I have bouts of uncontrollable anger, where I go into nearly a rage over the stupidest shit. It's very much linked with depression, I don't really know how else to express my emotions I guess.

I can't scream or whatever, and punching a pillow doesn't really help.

Are there any techniques which can allow me to calm down? It is really hard to cope sometimes, if I am feeling extremely angry.
>>
>>17807708
Learning to control your emotions is part of becoming a mature adult.

Recognize why you're angry, drink a glass of water, and take a minute to slow down and keep yourself calm.

This is likely linked to depression, but it's also a symptom of anxiety.
>>
>>17807737
I do suffer from anxiety too, thanks for your response.
>>
The reason why anger grows on itself is because we're always focused on the subject of the anger. So let's say some guy steals your wallet. This event will make you angry. And the anger will make you focus more on the event which in term will make you angrier and so on. You can see where this is going.

The (easiest) way to let your anger go is to focus on it. Not on the subject, not on the event that caused it but on the anger itself. Free your mind of any other thoughts and "observe" your own anger. Don't try to suppress it, let it roam freely, but don't feed it either. Again, the last thing you need to do is to keep obsessing over the event/person or whatever that caused it. If you're simply observing your anger it will disperse very quickly as it has no subject, no fuel.

I get that I may not be making much sense to you here, this is a practice used in meditation and it can be pretty hard to achieve without training. If you're not going to dismiss it as bullshit directly then I suggest you try it alongside with meditation training. This training consists of 2 practices.
1. Sit in a comfortable position, but not in such a way that you will be prone to falling into unconsciousness (to sleep). Usually sitting on a chair works best. Focus on a thing. It can be an object in front of you or, more commonly your own breathing. Just observe it. Don't try to analyze it, just "look" at it. You will feel your mind wondering. Every time you catch yourself thinking about something turn back to the thing you're observing.
2.Sit in the same posture as before. This time you have to observe your own thoughts as they come and pass. This is much harder, as you will usually be swept into your own thoughts without practice. Try to look at them as an outsider, as you're looking through a window at the scenery in a moving train.

If you're interested in this kind of practices I suggest you read "Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard. He explains them much better than I could.
>>
>>17807768
This sounds like the technique I was taught at therapy. I had simply forgotten to put it into practice. Thanks for your response, I understand what you are saying.
>>
Punch a punching bag without gloves. Let's out a lot of anger since it starts to hurt your hands as you get tired. Do things fast. If youre at work, do some one inch punches on really hard stuff. Lol strange advice but it's what I do. I get mad at the little things. Not big things. Its a flaw ohwell.
>>
>>17807900
Yeah I get most angry over the tiny stuff, I guess it's what you can't really change/predict.
>>
I moved to another country a got a better job
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.