[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say you are a man in your middle twenty's and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1480108954099.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480108954099.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
Let's say you are a man in your middle twenty's and everything in your life is wrong except you don't so drugs and you aren't in jail
Where would you start fixing it?
>>
>>17807606

you probably went to bed many many nights and said that tomorrow you are going to
>wake up early
>work out
>eat healthy
>clean the entire apartment
>start the job hunt
>start educating yourself on something new
>start that book
>etc

and hwen you wake up you cross off maybe 1 or 2 things then give up the next day. the reason for this is we are not meant to radically change our lives overnight. otherwise we'd all be perfect. it takes time. 28 days to be precise. doing one thing for 28 days makes it a 'habit' and something you arent likely to drop.

so what you need to do is create a monthly schedule. each month you tackle a really big change. i went through this two years ago when my life was a mess
>january: just fix my fucking sleep cycle. early to bed, early to rise
>february: start working out, at an actual fucking gym too
>march: eat healthy! not just carrots and shit, btu spend ttwo weeks without any junk to prove i can get it out of my system
>april start my new hobby / education (For me it was making a web series)
>may: start a consistent chore chart that i adhere to strictly.

you can do other little thigns each month as well. like starting to apply for jobs should probably be month 1 assuming you dont igve it its own dedicated month. when you do get a job or some major life style change, please remember that your new habits wont carry over immediately. the first week is you getting used to the job. then next week you work working out in to your routine. then eating healthy,. then chores. slowly adapting those hobbies to suit your new job or education.

its okay if you dont immediately catch on with something, thats why you have a month to get it right. the first two weeks are the struggle. by the end of it you'[re on it.
>>
>>17807619

try not to make goals you cannot guarantee, for instance
>MAKE NEW FRIENDS
>GET A GF

you cannot guarantee that anyone will want to be your friend or gf, and at best, you can only guarantee someone who is not good quality. instead, have a month where you start implenting new ways to socialize. forcing yourself to go out twice a week (not to a bar, but anywhere, you'll see in my next set of advice).

when it comes to girls keep in mind that 'working out' does not mean instant success. what attracts women is a nice physique, and it takes time to develop. saying 'IVE BEEN TO THE GYM FOR SIX MONTHS AND NO GIRLS ARE SITTING ON MY FACE YET' is silly because you have maybe just reached the point wherei t starts to show, assuming you were dedicated.

and when you do look good remember that the body only gives them interest in you physically. you still have to be the kind of person worth knowing.
>>
>>17807606
>>17807619
>>17807620

ultimately, changing your life is a bit of a 'spiritual' experience in my opinion.

when you are deciding to do something think the following

>will this make me happy?
>or will it just seem impressive

you should avoid doing things for just being impressive. while working out may only seem 'impressive' in terms of muscle it really does lead to a better quality of life over all, and less drama with your inner self.

a good way to find out if you REALLY want to do something is ask your subconscious.

stand up right now, adn think of a question you want to ask yourself, like 'do i really want to do XX'.

close your eyes, and ask yourself the question. if you lean forward, you want it. if you lean back you dont.

its a great way to ask yourself simple yes or no questions.
>>
>>17807619
Well I do wake up early and i have a couple hobby's I always ignore
No idea how to look for a job tho
>>
>>17807626

That is so stupid. I bet you also believe in big foot dumb nigger
>>
>>17807606
Find yourself and move forward. I'm on the same boat so I'm pursuing the things that I need.
>>
>>17807626
I didn't really lean either way
>>
>>17807632

>no idea how to look for a job tho

we can't write a script for your life bud. google exists and will give you the most indepth answer, and most companies are set up to make applying for aj ob really easy, you just answer their exact questions.

>>17807641

try again. if it doesn't work, then dont bother.

>>17807634

id lie and say i dont., but fucking ur mom was all the proof i needed.
>>
>>17807635
I don't understand what finding yourself really mean, I think I know what I want kind of i mean I don't have a detailed plan or anything but there is stuff I wouldn't mind doing for the rest of my life
>>
>>17807648

>i dont understand what finding yourself really mean

no one does. its a personal experience. its like trying to define love beyond 'some chemicals in the brain. its personal. its what it means to you. its a never ending life long journey. you're just more content with where you are at sometimes than you are at others.

no one has a detailed plan, and those who do are wasting their time.

you figure out what you want, and you just go about doing the first steps in front of you, then go from there.
>>
>>17807644
I found a single job I was qualified for (it didn't require qualifications) and it was perfect for me but people told me not to apply because it required someone with a great precense and I'm too ugly and fat
>>
>>17807653

and you listened to them. brava.
>>
>>17807652
>It's what it means to you
It kind of means nothing because I have no idea what it is
I know what I want kind of, I mean I know what I want but you know I'm not rich enough to make it happen and i have no idea if getting that kind of money is even possible
>>
>>17807657
Well everyone said so
>>
>>17807663

>it kind of means nothing

yes, now, because you HAVENT found yourself and haven't tried.

>i know what i want

then do it

>but im not rich

then do the 5 dollar version. tell us, what is it that you want to do.

>>17807665

>well everyone said so

dude, yuo're being purposely difficult and you know it. its a job. you need to apply. all jobs list requirements and shit. apply anyways. you dont need a college education to wokr at a restuarant or target or any of that shit. they will say you need experience: apply anyways. if you have to lie, lie, everyone else does.

if ur fat and ugly, work out, diet, and figure out your styles along the way.
>>
>>17807669
Ok yeah well I want to illustrate but I really want to animate and maybe make videogames but that takes a lot of people
I don't know how to look for jobs tho isn't there a website with job listings I can check?
>>
>>17807687

there is craigslist, there is monster, but for most major corporations all you need to do is go to their website and look for the 'careers' button or the 'job opportunities' button then fill out their automated process.

>i want to illustrate

so you have two choices here, potentially NEVER do anything because you dont have the money to instantly make it to the top of hte industry, OR, just do it independently.

if you want to do it professionally you generally need some sort of schooling to break into the industry. but if its something you truly love you dont need to be getting paid to do it, at least not a lot.

I love animation, so I created six new episodes of sailor moon in highschool. I cant animate myself so i had to work wiht independent artists. i know how the animation process works, so they could draw, and i coudl teach them how to do the animated process, and do the compiling / editing for them.

im an indpeendent filmmaker. nver spent more than 2000 dollars of saved up money on a production. for the most part its just, grab my camera, lights, get some struggling actors and make a little movie. it takes a little investment to get the equipment but i bought them back in 2012 and havent had to purchase anything new since then.

as for making video games theres lots of free software to start off, and hwen you feel confident after making a few simple games you can invest in a REAL engine depending on the kind of game you want to make. you anmy never be able to make an epically large in scale game, but you can always make a fun 3 to 6 level game. a game like 'sonic the hedgehog 3' used to take teams of over a hundred people... now it takes one guy.

if I were you I'd sdtart by making a few comic strips. then try to make one longer multi page comic every month. then move on to one over arching story over the course of a couple of months. THEN, try your hand at doing some animations.
>>
>>17807704
How did you animate 6 full episodes on a 2000 dollar budget?
What I want is to work on a team because there isn't much I can do alone but I also want creative freedom so not something incredibly professional
I don't animate yet and I'm still learning to draw
Also I'm starting college next year to code
None of it means shit if I have to do it alone tho
>>
>>17807716

>how did you aniamte 6 full episodes on a 2000 dolalr budget.

we didn't. that project in particualr was mostly stock footage. what we did was cut out the original animation frame by frame. on top of that we did have original animation, but it was a volunteer project, everyone loved sailor moon so they did it for free. go to youtube and you'll find tons of animations done for free. we had over 50 animators and rotoscopers working on our project over the course of 6 years to finish the project.

you can do a LOT on a 2000 dollar budget if you're willing to do most of the work. even though i cant animate i do EVERYTHING else from edits, to effects, to audio, to writing, to storyboarding.

>there isnt much you can do alone

i thought hte same thing til i learned how to do it. dont get me wrong having a big crew is what made the project get done faster and have more motion, but you can do a lot.

i have on animator that managed to do about 3 minutes worth of animation in one day. when you consider a 20 minute episode of televsision it would only take her a week to do it.

its more still then most cartoons, but there is motion and animation. some animators are faster than others of course and the style dictates a lot of this.

>i dont animate yet

its really easy to learn.

>im still learing to draw

thats okay. but spend at least three hours a day doing it. I spend almost all my sapre time working on projects, just checking threads inbetween. practice is what makes you good. if you're not getting at least three hours a day, you need to put down distractions and wokr at it.

>i want to work on a team

thats easy, there are lots of projects that are hiring, hell if you wanted to draw a comic id gladly write a script and talk shop with ya.

its harder to get people to work on your projects. i had to do a LOT of the work on my own to get people excited before others wanted to work for me.
>>
>>17807716
>>17807742
to be in charge you need a certain 'cant quit' mindset. this will eventually bring others to you as long as you show case what your'e doing. people want to be a part of it.

but to start, if you want to lear, jsut go volunteer to work on someone elses projects. if you have basic artistic skills people like me will often teach you how to use them in a way that benefits the project, and thus teaches you the skill.

>none of it means shit if i ahve to do it aloen tho.

you dont have to. im just showing you that you can. the first few things you do will be mostly alone.

the only volunteers i had at ifrst were voice actors. then some turned out to be at least good with ideas so they helped plot things out. then the projects just grew and grew and we have over a million views.

you gotta take the first steps alone, but trust me, in todays world its REALLY easy to be an independent animator, or gamemaker.
>>
>>17807742
well yeah but i still need a job now and im still a coupe yars away from being able t get paid for this
>volunteer
but they will think im bad and useless and tell me to fuck off and i feel worse
i just need a couple years more so i have a good grasp at drawing nd i can code first
>>
>>17807766

okay, then just dont do anything ever :^) you'll clearly fail and everyone you ever meet will just tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>17807771
well most people have a good ten years on me already all i can do is keep grinding and hoping that someday i will be good enough
i cant turn back time
>>
>>17807780

its in one ear and out the other with you.

this was the first picture one of my volunteers sent me. god awful. but we found a job for her. basically coloring frames. and she even did that shit.

now shes our lead animator, the one that pushes out 3 minutes of animation in a day.

there's always a project htat needs someone with your skill set, theres always a project that wil lteach you something new, and you'll get better alon the way.

here is some real advice though:
>dont ask for advice if all you want to do is say 'NOPE I CANT DO ANYTHING AND OTHER PEOPLE SAY SO SO IT MUST BE TRUE :^)

you arent looking for advice, you are looking to validate your patheticness, and I'll have no part of that.
>>
>>17807797
i still want a little bit of time to be better tho
>>
>>17807814

then go do that, just stop whining about it.

you get better by doing. you might as well put your work out there so you can see whats good, whats not, and what sticks.

i released my first videos when they were just myfirst videos. i had miles to go before i would be remotely good, but if i hadnt put them out there i wouldnt have figured out what works, what doesnt, etc. i wouldnt have even learned the essential skills cuz i would not have been a part of the community that used them.

you want to get better? go release comic strips to start. cuz just drawing isnt going to do much for teaching you consistency. put it out there so people can judge you. learn to ignore people who are just there to hate and figure out how to master the skill.
>>
>>17807828
I should draw more
>>
>>17807835

fine
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.