[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here happy, got themselves together or otherwise successful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Anyone here happy, got themselves together or otherwise successful or succeeding in life/relationships/socializing/whatever?

90% of the threads on here are people complaining or passively aggressively stating their problems. I'd like to hear from the people who treated themselves, changed themselves or got somewhere they wanted to be.

What are your tips/tales? What common misconceptions do you see on this board holding people back?
>>
This is literally a board where people come to look for advice. What exactly are you so surprised about?
>>
>>17807294
The lack of people asking for advice and the amount of people bitching or holding themselves back with weird perceptions.

Relationships are a good example because they're almost always someone being insecure about something and taking it out in a passive aggressive way rather than communicating or setting boundaries.

Depression is another one- where people complain about their mental illness like it's some sort of mysterious magic force that they can't control so they ask advice on topping themselves or becoming a hermit or a NEET instead of treating themselves

Most content on this board exists because of incomplete understanding or misconception

But really I'm just looking for some feedback and tips from other people who are pretty together and an upbeat thread for a change
>>
>>17807286
I was a very unhappy person for a long long time honestly what helped me wasn't just one thing but a combination first I went to therapy which I was reluctant to try bc of stigma. Then I moved away from my parents ( they were awful manipulative people). Finally I started working out. Between these three things I got my life back on track and learned a lot about myself and others. Getting over my anxiety was the hardest part of it but it was definitely worth it my life is 100× better that it was 2 years ago. Also everyone you meet in public is nicer to you when you have some muscle mass as opposed to my skin and bones body. The therapy only lasted about a year before I was comfortable enough to be on my own. Life can be very good if you're able to put effort into the right things
>>
>>17807302
Are you new to 4chan?
>>
>>17807304
Somewhat similar but not as deep as you here, I spent close to 15 years being depressed and not even knowing it- I was never unhappy but I suffered mental and physical lethargy, couldn't be bothered with life or work or anything, let shit fall apart way more than you'd expect, etc.

Joined a gym for the first time in my life, strength training for 9 months with regular sunshine. Changed my diet from lots of refined carbs and sugars to plenty of veg and protein.

Still got problems and things I'm not dealing with but the change compared to the rest of my life is night and day.

It's made me realize that 99% of what goes on in your brain is down to what you do with your body and what goes into it.

The reason exercise and good diet are so cliche is because they're just plain true and are the base for a healthy mind and body.
>>
>>17807321
That's awesome anon I hope you continue your journey to happiness the truth is the only thing we have control over is our own selves with that we can make a better life keep up the good work
>>
>>17807337
>I hope you continue your journey to happiness

Cheers, I appreciate it. But I think happiness is another one of those misconceptions people have on here. In my mind happiness is a temporary burst of dopamine you get from sugar, drugs, coffee, hugs, whatever, but it's not something anyone should ever try to aim for or consider a worthwhile pursuit- at least not in the way I commonly see on here.
Instead I think focusing on improving yourself, your lifestyle, your surroundings and your relationship are all more rationale sensible goals which, when realized, affect your quality of life and mentality for the better, consistently.

You probably just meant it as a throwaway compliment but for whatever reason I thought it important to highlight that. Like you say, all we have is control over ourselves.

Rock on comrade
>>
You seem like a stand-up guy from what I've seen of your posts. Good influence on this board.

As to what's in the OP: honesty with yourself and a willingness to communicate openly with others and consider many perspectives has proven bretty effective in my experience.

I'm the sort who's prone to worry and worried states thankfully just don't agree with me so I do a lot of taking screwdrivers to stuff and figuring out how they work so I can understand what I'm dealing with and chill the fuck out about it.

Working with my hands - building, fixing, modding, whatever - keeps me grounded. Expressing love, gratitude, appreciation, interest, understanding, etc keeps me feeling connected. Helping where I'm able and talking to folks online brings me peace and makes all sorts of shit easier to process.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.