[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So girlfriend and I have been dating a year and a half, and we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: thecolonel.jpg (30KB, 476x407px) Image search: [Google]
thecolonel.jpg
30KB, 476x407px
So girlfriend and I have been dating a year and a half, and we live an hour away, and I'm the one who drives to see her since she doesn't have a car.

So last night I was supposed come over after class but I was dead tired and didn't feel great and I knew I would just be in a bad mood so I postponed until today. She texted me saying "annoyed with you" and it set me off.

I got really upset that she would try to make me feel guilty about postponing seeing her by just one day after I explained to her I wasn't feeling well and considering she never is the one to come out to see me. So I asked her to apologize and she wouldn't and that's what the argument about.

She said things like "I'm not going to apologize because I didn't say anything wrong, I was just communicating how I felt." My argument was that one, you didn't need to say it because I knew you'd be annoyed. Two, it was just to make me feel bad about cancelling, it doesn't actually help the situation at all. And three, it doesn't matter about saying something wrong or not, you said something that upset me so you should apologize.
>>
>>17807187
>it doesn't matter about saying something wrong or not, you said something that upset me so you should apologize.

Is this bait? You know you're doing exactly what you're complaining about, right?

She was annoyed by your actions and expressed it. You're annoyed by her words, have expressed it, and are now demanding an apology as if her being annoyed is somehow unfair.

She shouldn't be, but you have every right to be. Nigga, emotions happen. Let them go. They don't fucking matter - especially petty bullshit like this. Damn.
>>
what >>17807193 said
>>
>>17807187
I guess you both need to work on your communication. It is good to always communicate how one feels, and if something is annoying. BUT you laso have to make compromises and realize, when some things are just too insignificant to call out.

This is what she did wrong. She should have just let it go, even if it secretly annoyed her. On that topic, to me it seems that the main problem is her expecting you to be there even if you don't feel like it. She doesn't give you enough space.

You should talk about that with her, but face to face.
>>
>>17807216
>>17807193
There's more to the backstory that I forgot. Usually whenever I have to cancel, which is rare, she says something like "you suck" or "I hate you" and not really in a joking way. So a few weeks ago I asked her to stop that because school was getting busy, I knew I'd have to cancel plans more often, and I just didn't want any more stress.

She agreed to this.
>>
>>17807232
Hm, if she didnt mean that jokingly... I'd honestly consider breaking it up, if instances like these continue. She sounds like there are serious manipulative tendencies, that you don't have to put up with.
>>
OP you know the reason she probably gets upset is because she really likes you, misses you and wants to see you, right? Just let it sink in that you're getting upset because she's probably looking forward to seeing someone she loves and feels let down that she doesn't get to.

You have every right to be exhausted from school and have every right to take time to yourself. Just try to see it from her perspective too and maybe it will make things a bit easier. She should be doing the same thing. Empathy is important in relationships.
>>
>>17807240
I thought about that but like, there's a big difference between "I'm sad that I won't get to see you" and "I'm annoyed with you."
>>
>>17807242
Exactly, it seems like a very unhealthy dependance
>>
>>17807242
People respond to things differently. I'm not saying she's in the right with how she responded, but that just might be how she's used to dealing with disappointment.
>>
>>17807187
On a scale of 1 to 10 how petty do you think you are?
>>
>>17807232
Well OP, you can always call her out on it without initiating a fight. Don't stoop to her level. Remind her of your discussion, what she said, what she's doing and how it doesn't help. If you keep it from escalating, she might back off. If she doesn't, as other anons have mentioned, it might be an attempt at manipulation. Don't fall for it. Tell her to call you when she's done playing games. You don't need this shit.
>>
I just sent her a text saying "look, I'll try to work on not getting upset over things like this, but you gotta work on phrasing things in a way that's more respectful towards me"
>>
>>17807347
That seems perfectly reasonable. Communication is key. It's less about being "right" and more about addressing issues constructively and calmly.
>>
It sounds exhausting to try and teach people how to speak to you with tact and respect. And it's your own girlfriend you're teaching. Tiring.
>>
>>17807347
Let us know how things go, OP. Good luck.
>>
>>17807377
>>17807408

Thanks boys. She's at work right now, don't know when she'd be able to respond.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.