[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR Don't wanna seem needy but really have no reason to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: 1479184649664.gif (417KB, 200x134px) Image search: [Google]
1479184649664.gif
417KB, 200x134px
TL;DR Don't wanna seem needy but really have no reason to worry about it

So I have a new-ish girlfriend. I've had a lot of short-lived, shitty relationships but this girl is such a sweetheart it's jarring to be with her. It makes it hard not to spend a lot of time and energy (but not money yet) on her because she deserves it. She constantly tells me how much she appreciates it and how much she, quote, adores spending time with me. How happy I make her, how she loves when I come over, how her friends like how I treat her, how I turn her on, how she breaks down certain boundaries for me, enjoys co-sleeping, etc

But for some dumb reason my brain tells me that spending all this time and doing nice things to brighten her day is too needy. For SOME REASON I keep thinking she's getting put off by me putting a lot of effort into her.

I almost called her out over text one day but decided to let it sit until I saw her again. We hung out the next night (tonight) and the first thing she did was smile, rub my chest, kiss me, thank me for coming over, and ask me how my day was. Somehow hanging out for an hour became four. So clearly there was nothing to worry about. But then I'm driving home and we had talked about seeing each other tomorrow and potentially Wednesday and I feel like I'm needy or something for asking for so much time.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why can't I just let myself be happy?
>>
File: 1479462594465.jpg (59KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1479462594465.jpg
59KB, 640x636px
go take a shower with the coldest water you can find

it will give you the answers you seek

if you aren't a pussy that is
>>
>>17806839
You let something other than yourself dictate your expectations of what you should be like, or how your relationship should work.

It isn't something youll get a hold of in just a handful of days.
Accept this, work on getting over it, and more importantly, talk to your gf about it. This is a problem that can/is affecting your relationship together. You should let her in on it.
>>
>>17806839
You've been brainwashed by TV and media that you should be having problems and drama. You don't know that you can have a nice life with a sane, appreciative girlfriend. You even thought about starting a fight/drama because you've been brainwashed into thinking that your relationship should have more friction. Stop being a dumb ass and appreciate the blessing you have been given.
>>
File: 1479168485806.jpg (70KB, 460x455px) Image search: [Google]
1479168485806.jpg
70KB, 460x455px
>I've had a lot of short-lived, shitty relationships
You're afraid she's just going to just be another one of those shitty short lived relationships.
Your instinct to ensure future time together just shows you care. But I understand; you're afraid the neediness is going to somehow make you look weak.
Then pull back a bit. Let her come to you once in a while. If you're at the point where she's kissing you and getting physical with you, then it's clear you're important to her, and your absence is going to spark her curiosity.
Do you do most of the arranging of the hangouts and time spent together? Do you initiate most conversations via text or phone call? Let her do some of that.
Relationships need effort from both parties. She needs to put effort in too, or else she'll feel like she hasn't "built" anything.
We become attached to the things we put effort into (build). Plus it shows how much she really cares, and if she really wants to put effort in at all (if she doesn't bother to call at all).
So don't be the next to call or text. Maybe even for a little while. It'll be good in showing you how much she cares and how much you don't have to worry.
But don't forget to treat her like you have afterwards haha.
>>
File: 1459208141839.jpg (29KB, 392x689px) Image search: [Google]
1459208141839.jpg
29KB, 392x689px
>>17806972
That's actually probably accurate

It makes sense because our relationship progressed really fast (sex and intimate, nude cuddling on day four) and despite being really happy about it I was worried about us rushing into things. I brought it up to people I know and they couldn't believe I was worried. "Is it making you happy? Well then keep doing it." One said "It could make your relationship just about sex" but we actually surprisingly haven't done sexual stuff that much.

>>17806998
It's not a matter of wanting to start drama, it's a matter of being worried how she sees me. We've actually talked about potential future conflict and we agreed to bring up any issues we have with each other expediently for an actual discussion to find a compromise.

>>17807008
She's definitely putting in effort. She's made me dinner a couple times (well, made dinner for herself and shared it with me, though she's said she's gonna cook an actual meal for me this week). She also brings me around her friends a lot. She's already gotten my Christmas present too. She said she wishes she could do more to show how much she appreciates me, but she already does a lot, especially on her budget. She also always starts text conversations, though I'm usually the one who asks to hang out. She mentioned that she talks to her coworkers and friends about me and thinks about me every so often throughout the day.

It made me think back to me asking an ex-girlfriend what her friends thought about me a few weeks into our relationship, only to be met with "I really don't talk about you to anyone." Made me feel like an afterthought

I think I'm just worried how it makes me look that I essentially asked if she wanted to hang out four days in a row. She said "yes" to three of them, "maybe" to the fourth.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.