[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just made $240. I want to be smart about it this time. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 20161129_001620.cmp.jpg (3MB, 2364x3151px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_001620.cmp.jpg
3MB, 2364x3151px
I just made $240. I want to be smart about it this time. What should I spend it on?
>>
utilities and rent
>>
>>17806632
Not Applicable at the moment. I'm staying with my parents. This is temporary.
>>
>>17806634
Then dont spend it.
>>
>>17806632

This. $240 isn't a worthwhile amount of money unless you're in high school.

I make this amount in less than a full day of work. I'm not trying to lord over you or sound cool, but if this is a lot of money, save it for when it's important.
>>
>>17806640
What the fuck do you do for a living?
>>
>>17806623
Get a 8ball of some good yay.
>>
>>17806640

I'll append this given the "living with parents" thing, assuming you're like 18-22 and don't have any living expenses. Grab a nice dinner, go have a fun night out with friends, whatever. You don't have to responsibly save everything.

But try to hang on to a little bit of it, that's for the best.
>>
>>17806647

Digital Marketing.
>>
>>17806623
If you don't have something important to buy, just fucking save it.
>>
>>17806640
>>17806647
>>17806653
>>17806670

Sorry, replying to myself here so I can reply to OP... I'm not saying you should be making what I am, I'm 30 years old.

BUT, you shouldn't blow all of $240 just because you have it in your hands. If you can sacrifice it and have a good time and have money saved, that's awesome, and go for something stupid. If not, please understand this isn't that much money and your life can get better by hanging onto it for an emergency or rent.
>>
>>17806670
That must pay pretty well. To make more than $240 per day.

Me. I started trucking. That $240 represents 4 days of work. Of course, I'm still in phase 1 training. But... you know.

However, if I get my Tanker and Hazmat endorsements, I supposedly can make 70 to 80 thousand a year.
>>
>>17806681
I know waiters who make north of $300 on good nights
>>
>>17806689
Bull Fucking Shit.
>>
>>17806681

I make $80,000 annually before bonus, after taxes. It's definitely good money. Sounds awesome to get that endorsement! Much respect to something like that. Way more important than what I do.
>>
>>17806689
>>17806694

I'm the digital marketing guy. I live in Vegas. I know girls that make $200k or more working part time just for being hot girls giving bottle service to guys 3-4 times a week. My buddy's girlfriend is one of the hottest girls you'll ever meet, and she can go to work, flirt the right way, and walk away with a thousand bucks in tips at the right table.

I'm in a unique place, but still.
>>
>>17806694

in america, where tipping is custom, a service industry person who hustles and whos base clientele isn't cheapshits can make excellent money.
>>
>>17806694
Not him and not from Murica but that's not that crazy and special. Depends a lot on location. My mate easy made 300 in a club (although a big part was contribution from dealers and the likes) and my sis had nights when she pulled 100-200€ tip in a club-restaurant thing, while not even being especially hot. Obviously there is a lot variation from day to day.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Save 70% of it into a bank account for later (compound interest for the win bitch)
>>
Buy something nice for your mom for $80. Save $80. Spend 80 on doing something you like to do.
>>
>>17806651
This
>>
Buy a cheap lawnmower and go around and cut peoples lawns for them.

$5+fuel for small lawns, $10+fuel for larger lawns.

30 lawns later, you've made your money back, and you've got a lawnmower.

Now turn the lawnmower upside down, and turn it on. This might sound a bit crazy, but what you have to do is you have to stick your arm in the lawnmower, probably your non-dominant arm. This is so you can collect on social programs and pay for a place to live without doing anything. Say you're paying rent to your parents or some shit, and pocket it. Bam. You could be making $1,500, and you won't even have to work.
>>
>>17806623
If it's cash, and it isn't from your primary income. Pocket it. Slowly let it run out over the next few weeks as you buy lunch, coffee, movie tickets, bus fare, maybe some necessitates like toiletries. Y'know, odds and ends. Plus you can be that cool guy with wad of cash in his wallet for a little while. Just don't go flashing it around like an idiot.

Alternatively (and probably the wisest thing of all): just save it. There's no better time to start than now to start a long term savings. Make a habit of saving this amount of extra money when you come it to it.
And long term doesn't necessarily have to mean that long, 4 years from now those savings could amount to thousands, and you can use it towards a nice trip, nice watch, gift for a SO, or an emergency somewhere a long the line. Yeah you should probably just do that.
>>
File: kip-8.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kip-8.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
1) Buy something from a garage sale or online.

2) Re-sell it for slightly more money.

3) Continue process for profit.
>>
>>17806797
I think I'll go with this answer. Because it just seems like smart advice.

Thirds.

Gotta love the thirds.
>>
>>17806623

Pay back those people you owe money to. The one's you think forgot about it and times passed... Here's the truth they didn't.
>>
i wanna bran new whip (skr skr)
i wanna bran new house ( skr skr )
i wanna foreign lil bih
she put it all in her mouth
>>
>>17806728
>>17806689
That's over $75,000 per year.

Waiters do not make $75,000 / year.

Most of them make more like $20,000 to $40,000.
>>
>>17807666
>on good nights
>>
>>17806711
>There are people who give more than a dollar to the drink girl
Wuh...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.