[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my professor in college doesn't come in on test days,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5795.jpg (31KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5795.jpg
31KB, 425x283px
So my professor in college doesn't come in on test days, so as a result, he films the tests while he's gone, if we see someone cheating and report it to him,we get an automatic 100% on the test. However, the person who cheated gets an F and he shows the video of them cheating to the entire class, which is pretty humiliating.
Anyways, I saw someone cheating, who thrives off of approval from the teacher, so I'd feel shitty turning them in.
What do you guys think?
>>
Don't report him. Imagine if you were in the cheaters shoes.
>>
sounds like a shit system put in place by a lazy prof

don't turn on your comrade
>>
>>17806182
You won't see the person after the semester. It's shitty but they'll learn their lesson and you'll get a better grade for the school you're paying for.

Just saying.
>>
>>17806182
Do it. If that guy saw you cheating he would probably turn you in.Also, If you think you got a good grade then don't do it.
>>
>>17806203
>>17806205
This is the thing though. I have a shitty grade in the class which will be pushed even lower because of this. Even though I should accept that I didn't study enough, it's hard to let an A+ slip through my fingers
>>
>>17806223
well it's a simple tradeoff

ethics vs an A
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 931x688px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 931x688px
Rat them out OP. Do it.
>>
Either a shitty teacher or a dastardly effective one, intentionally or otherwise, in bringing such a fork to your road.

If you turn in your fellow student simply because your grade is in need of a buff, that makes you pretty selfish.
Yet.
If you don't turn them in, purely of moral standing, you do worse overall.

5 years from now, imagine which choice you will be most comfortable with. Imagine again for 10 years. Then imagine again for 50. It seems a small decision, but trying to understand how you may perceive it from mid to long run may just be what you need to really understand what you want.

Whatever choice you make, I'd say your posting here shows you to have a good heart. Don't fret, and be true to your own deepest will.
>>
>>17806333
Thank you this helps.
>>
>>17806182
lol, an asian cheating off a white girl. PC culture has gone too far with this one
>>
Why should a cheater get a better grade? The cheater knows the consequences if caught, especially with the system set in place by your professor.

Turn him/her in.
>>
>>17806182

do you need the A?

im torn on this issue myself becuase im more of a 'live and let live' kind of guy. i sneak candy into movie theaters and dont want someone telling on me just cuz they would get a free candy.

on the other hand, this is getting a degree, and if someones cheating their way through the whole program they are messing up the entire system. the more people that we allow to do that, the worse it gets.

but on the other hand most people only cheat cuz they have issues in a ceratin subject, a certain class, or because of outside forces hindering them. its really hard to say.

i only ever cheated in japanese class. cuz i was shit at memorizing all these words. i got the alphabet down like a boss but beyond that i was fucked. i would ahve had to repeat the course if i didnt cheat on my inal, and my hs required that i take a language class, even though its unnecessary.

so should i have been turned in?

mixed bag for me
>>
>>17806333
holy shit this helped and I'm just trying to figure out if I should text my ex or not
>>
Snitch on that nigga, fuck ethics. Passing your class is more important than sparing the feelings of someone who probably never got daddy's approval so they seek it from their teachers.
>>
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time

Rat him out OP, you know you must.
>>
you don't snitch in college, take that shit back to middle school

although if I really needed an A i would do it
>>
There are consequences for actions. Turn him in.
>>
>>17806203
>fuck laws man, imagine if you were a criminal, you'd hate them too
We should just legalize rape desu, its only natural.
>>
>>17806245
>ethics
>when considering a cheater

wat
>>
>>17806245
Don't you think if anyone is being unethical, its the cheater? If anything, turning her in would be the right thing to do, why should every other student have the reputation of their degree, which they're most likely now in debt for, and thus their employability , suffer because of one lazy cheater?

Though judging by where this has been posted, OP should understand that most replies would be from people who weren't motivated enough to study and may have turned to cheating themselves. What OP has to understand is that cheating is destructive to people who don't cheat. Its not a victimless crime.
If you knew someone was embezzeling from your business, taking away from your own salary and that of your colleagues, would you really let it go, just because "ayy don't be a snitch man!"
>>
File: squidward2.jpg (36KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
squidward2.jpg
36KB, 500x368px
>>17806223
On one hand do it, cuz justice. On the other hand, ur shitty grade should have never happened in the first place and you don't need to get used to throwing people under the bus to pass through life's difficulties.
>>
>>17806751
Rape is actually a natural and enlightening experience for both parties if done properly and safely
>>
>>17807162
please elighten me as to how it can be done 'properly and safely'
>>
Dont be a snitch. If I found out who ratted me out for something like that Id probably want to kill you.
>>
>communism is great they said
>everything will be fine they said
societal collapse when?
>>
>>17806182
Lamo, that reminds me of that early Naruto episode where the hidden objective was to cheat but not get caught.

If I were you, i'd form cheat teams that help each other but don't rat each other out.
>>
Report him.
College is for adults, not for kiddies that want to simply pass subjects.
>>
>pay thousands of monies for education
>teacher cant even be bothered to come to class

what kind of world do we live in
>>
>>17807245
this is the correct answer
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>17806757
>Someone did something I disagree with therefore they should suffer in some way I've decided is worthy

You are the reason we raped and ate each other before law was socialized
>>
>>17807252
>understand the consequences of actions
>do bad things anyway because lazy
>Its someone elses fault!
Are you black by any chance?
>>
>>17807252
wat wat

He cheated and got caught. He knew the potential consequences beforehand and risked it.

Now what is this other bullshit you speak of?
>>
>>17806182
Your degree is worthless if any waster can cheat their way through it. This isn't even a choice.
>>
>>17807273
All you're illustrating here is that YOU have decided what is right and wrong.

This is the negro thinking here.

The rest of us civilized people understand that society benefits when we all decide which actions are undesirable and act accordingly, but also uphold the rights and liberties of the perpetrators as well as the victims- because we're not trying to punish people for the sake of being dicks- we're trying to better society

>>17807275
>He cheated and got caught. He knew the potential consequences beforehand and risked it.
Agreed. Where it becomes bullshit is when you say he should be punished in any way other than what was agreed to by everyone in the class beforehand.

In OPs scenario, there was no student agreement and they're all part of basically a police state, but they're ratting each other out. The ethics and morals of that is another conversation entirely but the result is the same- every man for himself.
>>
>>17807298
>there was no student agreement

This is a classroom of strangers, not brothers in arms. I'm fairly certain that just because something wasn't explicitly stated, it doesn't mean it isn't implicitly understood/agreed upon.

That being that most students would agree that cheaters shouldn't be rewarded when everyone else is playing by the rules. Passing a test while cheating give the cheater an unfair edge above the rest, and that isn't fair to everyone who resisted cheating.

It can be argued that whoever rats him out gets the same unfair advantage, but the only reason that is in play is to act as an incentive to curb unfair behavior. If no one cheats, everyone has a fair chance. If cheaters are not punished, they'll just keep doing it, and others will follow suit since there are no consequences.
>>
>>17807162
that genuinely super hilarious. I hope you get gangraped and come back to green text about how natural and enlightening it was.
>>
Try to get some money off him. You'll get richer and he'll get a good grade. Everybody wins
>>
>>17806182
Punch him in the face and have everyone claim the professor cheated.
>>
>>17806223
This is a social experiment this old man gets off to through teens. It's pathetic and doesn't solve the problem of not knowing answers to begin with. It only makes for entertainment.
>>
>>17807298
The system is the problem. The people behave accordingly because of the system and they turn on one another. You fuckers in the class need to fuck off and join in arms.
>>
>>17807273
>>17807275
>given a few pieces of a situation as a spectator
>see something you don't like
>assume consequences that you do like are fair and should be taken out
>assume that it's equatable to a system based off almost 4 millenia of law

He didn't stutter my dudes.
>>
>>17807344
Stop samefagging, you gigantic cunt. What is said makes no fucking sense.

The cheater has only one reasonable consequence to look forward to - a zero. Why? Because he made it impossible to discern what he actually knows (the score he would have gotten had he not cheated), and what was produces by his, knowingly unacceptable, actions. He knew what he was risking. He should be able to accept the consequences.

How is this in any way an unfair punishment?
>>
>if we see someone cheating and report it to him,we get an automatic 100% on the test.

what the actual fucking shit? how is this not illegal in some way
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.