[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey buds, My girlfriend of 2 years broke it off a month ago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477932841343.jpg (189KB, 520x382px) Image search: [Google]
1477932841343.jpg
189KB, 520x382px
Hey buds,

My girlfriend of 2 years broke it off a month ago. As simple as "I don't love you anymore". I've been miserable ever since. I don't feel myself getting better. The worst part by far is the jealousy: imagining what whoever she'll be with next has that I don't. I loved her, and I offered her everything. But she rejected it, and I don't know how to heal. Any similar stories, or tips? I feel desperate, by this point.
>>
Jesus Man. that's terrible. best advice is to move on. find someone else. meet some new people. fall in love again. and maybe by then she'll want you back. that's what usually happens
>>
>>17806033
I'm not even sure that trying to get her back would be best, anymore. It's all so confusing. I want her back, and I also don't want to look at her ever again. I don't really know how to project what I feel, it's weird
>>
>>17806025
I was in a similar situation, OP.
I felt the same way you do now, and all I can tell you is that it does get better. I didn't think I'd improve, and it took a few months, but eventually you'll recover.
Try to pick up some new hobbies and exercise more. They won't fix it right away, but it definitely helped speed up the process. Also spend as much time as you can with friends and being busy. It's only unbearable when you're alone.
>>
Okay friend, listen.
She left you saying ahe no longer loved you. That means this breakup had been coming for a while, and the signs were there. Whether you tuned them out or tried to justify them, you did not see them as they were, because you clearly loved her with a passion. And that's okay, this is the mistake of inexperience in love.
A person who truly loves will, on their first real go, pour themselves wholeheartedly into someone, and when one pours as such into someone who cannot fully appreciate the depth of what it is you are offering, someone who ultimately you are not 'eternally compatible' with, heartbreak will hit the lover hard when reality knocks. Few things you needa accept:
>she isn't 'yours'
>it doesn't matter if you would have given her the entire world if she wasn't willing to take it from You
>loving so deeply is a great gift, but now that you've had this absolutely necessary but hard, eye-opening experience, you need to use it to better your perception

You need to take this lesson as just that, an experience that while bittersweet at the moment, will ultimately help you to identify the right person in whom you may pour your love and how to best pour it.
The worst things you can do now are try jumping to someone else to bandaid your heart, close yourself off completely and damn it all, or sulk and dwell upon the relationship that's just ended.

The best thing you can do, is truly reflect on your 2's time together. What mistakes you made in judgement, in expression, in general, and what you have learned after such. Let yourself feel, but again, don't run circles in the drama and pity of it all.
Your love is true, and guess what. Most people will not be able to fully appreciate this. Many will seek only to suck it out of you like a sponge and toss you away after, deceiving you the entire way until.
You must give your romantic, unconditional love,only to someone deserving, and you must be willing to wait to come across them.
>>
>>17806063
Last thing, you must address your insecurities. You need to see what you ask of lovers emotionally, and weigh whether or not you are needing too much of them. Any insecurities a person does not deal with themselves, will end up having to be at least partially beared by their partner. This will cause them strain at best, and spell the end of a relationship at worst.
Don't put anything onto anyone else that you yourself are not willing to face and change for the better.
Chin up now, you stand to gain the true love of your life someday. You have the dedication, so it will only take the discernment to find them, the patience for their appearance, and the self-help & strength to not load them down emotionally when they begin life with you.

Keep in mind that love at first sight is one of the truest memes out there. Use eyesight and body language as your main judgement of interpersonal dynamics.
Get well soon OP.
>>
>>17806063
>>17806077
Thank you for these words, seriously. I didn't expect to get much im advice, but I actually feel a little better now. You were able to tell that this is my first time truly in love, and that makes me feel like you know your shit.

Also
> love at first sight is one of the truest memes out there

First time I had a good laugh in a while. Thank you
>>
>>17806142
The first time I ever really loved was with a girl who was not at all meant to be a keeper for me. I'd seen the signs and distressed over them, but I naively figured that if I'd simply loved her MORE, then by virtue of my heart alone, I could make it all better.
Yeah, that shit blew up in my face hard.
The night I really came to terms was a night of fighting. After she'd locked me out of her room for an hour whilst eating out of a gallon of icecream and watching foodnetwork (fuckin lol) as i sat begging at the door to be let in to talk to her, she finally opened the door.
I poured it all on the line there, and then I looked into her eyes. I realized in that moment she could never love me as i loved her, and that all the love i'd given her had only ever bounced off of her superficial and selfish thinking. I broke in that moment, and violently crying fell to the floor, all reserve abandoned, before her dettached gaze.
I had never, and have never since, cried as hard as I did in that moment, OP. I loved her more than most people in our contentedly vain modern era can even imagine, and clearly more than she could comprehend and value.
And for a long time I carried that pain with me, in denial of just how deeply I'd felt unnapreciated. I ended up fucking around with a lot of girls in the following years, becoming just as shallow as she was, thinking that no one else could appreciate what I have and am.
But in time I came to realize just how closed off I'd made myself in defense. I realized that i still carried a true love in my beliefs and behavior, and that someday I could give it to a woman who could take it all & reciprocate.

Don't do what I did, OP. Don't harden up in a damn-it-all fashion and believe that if you couldn't keep her, you can't have anyone. Don't let the pain define your outlook. As I said before, just LEARN from it all.
You will someday find her. Be ready in every moment to love as you know is best, and be patient all the while. Peace.
>>
>>17806025

People fall out of love. It doesn't have as much to do with "there's probably someone better" more than being with someone and especially living with someone lends itself to you picking up on every minor nuance of their behavior to a point of being annoyed by it.

My ex did the same to me earlier in the year, but I honestly was nitpicky of her. She had weird posture, a kind of dorky stride, she wasn't very hygienic, she never groomed her nails/chewed and picked the fuck out of them, had a coarse, loud voice, etc. And just didn't seem to pick up on certain social cues. Worst of all, she kept things hidden. We'd have big problems creep up because she had no backbone for difficult talks.

But she could clean herself up nicely and we got along great as friends and there were things about her I genuinely loved, but the more you're exposed to someone, the more grit of their humanity you start to notice. So maybe that happened with you to some extent.

If there's things you know to be wrong with you, aim to improve them. Use this as a chance to be introspective and build character. You don't want to be that douche who always says "I don't know what that cunt's problem is."
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.