[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, Do anons know what the difference between Health Savings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hello,

Do anons know what the difference between Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are? I would like to choose one to save some tax money in the coming year.

Also wondering why does the government give such complicated options. You get to save money on taxes IF you can predict that you will be spending some money on your health?? Why not instead refund the money that one would have saved by FSA/HSA accounts (the pre-tax dollar amount)?

Thanks.
>>
You seem to think the govt has your best interest at heart. Get out of that mindset if you want to survive in this world. Also go HSA
>>
I believe a HSA is what low life companies offer when they don't care enough about you to offer real fucking insurance. Basically they put some money aside each week into a savings account. When you have a medical emergency you can draw money out of it to pay (ONLY) medical bills.
Get another job that cares about their workers. I don't know what the other is.
They probably offer to match "up to 10 dollars" a week for retirement too? lol
>>
>>17805467

Don't know about FSAs, but I do know an HSA can double as a retirement account. At some age (I think 65 but I'm not sure), the HSA money can be spent on whatever you please and the appreciation is untaxed. Put another way, they are doubly tax advantages IF you treat it like a retirement account. There are stiff penalties if you take out money for non-health expenses before then.
>>
You lose the money in the FSA if not used by the end of the year

you can only have an HSA if you're not already on some other insurance plane

the government offers these tax advantaged accounts to encourage SAVING and long term INVESTING
otherwise you'd go out and spend it on worthless shit you massive nigger
>>
>>17805620
This nigger knows this shit.

HSA: Only if you have a high deductible medical plan. Money rolls over.

FSA: You have to spend money on medical expenses by March of next year.

How does this shit encourage saving and investing? I could be saving lives by doing my job rather than spending haf a day reading about this shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.