[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

How do I keep my shower room warm? The red parts in the window

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: shower window.jpg (56KB, 583x559px) Image search: [Google]
shower window.jpg
56KB, 583x559px
How do I keep my shower room warm?

The red parts in the window area constantly blow freezing air from the outside. The gaps are about two inches wide and you can't reach back there. The window's closed, naturally.

My temporary solution has been stuffing it with four various towels which helps slightly though they end up getting soaked which in turn produces mold.

So, what can I do? This is a one year rental so I can't spray anything on it, not that that'd work.
>>
>>17804357
Get a couple old newspapers and crumple the pages into balls, fill the window hole with as many as you can fit and then get something bigger than the window hole like a piece of wood or plastic and tape it so wind can't pass through
>>
>>17804357
Bubble wrap and duck tape.
>>
>>17804365
Good idea. What kind of plastic would work though? And for a wood block I guess I'd have to cut it somehow myself?

>>17804377
Sounds like it could work. Thanks.
>>
>>17804357
Tape a piece of clear plastic over the whole hole. They sell kits for exactly this purpose in hardware and home stores, or you can use Saran-type food wrap.

It blocks breezes and also creates an airlock effect to insultate.
>>
Don't use newspaper. It makes a shit insulator. 2" is a big gap to fill, but don't despair. Can you squeeze a bicycle tire tube in there? If so, cut one so that it is in the gap. Go to Home Depot or any hardware store and buy a can of expanding spray foam insulation. Practice with a small piece of tubing first. You need to make sure one end is sealed well by folding it and wrapping with duct tape. Spray the foam into the other end and it will fill the cavity. You can remove it by cutting it up with a utility knife, or just leave it there. Post a picture if you can.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.