[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /b/ tl;dr i got arrested for burglary last night and i need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: prison-5.jpg (15KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
prison-5.jpg
15KB, 400x262px
sup /b/

tl;dr i got arrested for burglary last night and i need some people to talk to

i'm in a really fucked up situation right now. last night i got blackout drunk with my friends at one of their beach cabins in maine, and then we went for a walk and found an empty cabin that looked abandoned so we went in through the window to explore. we were in there for a little bit and then police came and arrested us.

we got charged with burglary, which is defined as entering private property with the intent to commit a crime within (including theft, destruction of property, or defacing property) but i think my case is more similar to criminal trespassing because we did not commit any crimes within the property and did not intend to do so.

we spent the night in jail and had to pay $5000 bail to get out (plus a $600 fee to pay the bail) and actually one of my friends is still in there tonight because his bank was closed.

i'm really feeling fucked up about this and i need someone to talk to. does anybody who has law or criminal experience think that i could bring my case down to trespassing and thus bring it down from a felony to a misdemeanor? and does anybody think we could get off with a fine and community service/probation instead of jail time?

please ask any questions you have, i would appreciate any help or consideration.
>>
i beg your pardon

sup /adv/ ***
>>
>get released on bail
>don't go and see a lawyer immediately
>>
lawyer up bruh

maine? you must be white. with a good enough lawyer you'll probably just get probation
>>
>>17803764
i'm from massachusetts, we were visiting

i have court on the 20th so i'm discussing attorneys currently
>>
most background checks are county-based, and i wasn't convicted in my home state. if we get it down to a misdemeanor like trespassing or disorderly conduct/mischief then it most likely wouldn't even show up, unless the background check is very thorough.
>>
>>17803820
Why are you saying we? and I?
>>
Sounds like an intent case. How long where they gonna hold yeah? 5.6k is alot of money, coulda bought the lawyer with that.
>>
>>17804222
The most basic defense and the one that most defendants will try is a claim of actual innocence. In other words, this defense involves convincing the court that the defendant did not commit the acts in question.

The prosecution bears the burden of proving a defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, so in order to defeat a burglary charge a defendant must create a plausible doubt in the minds of the jury as to whether the prosecution's evidence truly demonstrates that they committed the crime.

Defendants can call the prosecution's evidence into question in many ways, such as by presenting an alibi or creating doubt as to the scientific reliability of a forensic technique. If the defendant can successfully sow the seeds of doubt among the jury, then an acquittal is likely.

So don't admit to anything you haven't already and ask your lawyer the best way to phrase "I DINDU NUFFIN"
>>
>>17804230
Also since burglary also involves the specific intent to commit a crime once inside a building, voluntary intoxication can act as a defense to the degree that it prevented the defendant from forming the required intent.
>>
>>17803750
are u black?
>>
>>17804231
>voluntary intoxication can act as a defense
nice try but drunkenness is not a defense
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.