[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting into PC gaming a bad idea? Obviously this corner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Is getting into PC gaming a bad idea?

Obviously this corner of the Internet is the wrong place to ask this question, but I'm starting to get second thoughts. I've been saving money for months to invest in a good first rig but as I get closer to finalizing my purchase, I feel hesitant. It's that same feeling of apprehension before you do something you know is bad for you.

I'm 24 and falling a bit behind in university while balancing a part-time job, but I'm also starved for fun and haven't played videogames for 4-5 years. My only computer is a Thinkpad that shipped with Vista. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
dude, as a long time PC gamur (I was building these things years ago when I was in gradeschool) just avoid at all costs

I'm 24 and I'm just about on my way out. Theres nothing left here for me anymore.

If you can control your time on it and are one of those people that can stay the course and just wants to play games from time to time then yeah go for it, but if you think you might end up spending your whole day on it without thinking twice, I'd recommend staying away from this hellish hobby
>>
I am with the other guy - it's kind of like getting into drugs. Most people are trying to quit, why would you start.
>>
>>17801982
>>17801986
appreciate the opinion, guys. I study electrical engineering and thought building/tinkering with a pc might have been a fun project but I do lack self-control. I'll look into another hobby.
>>
>>17802012

Build a drone. Or a coil gun. Fuck with car sensors. Etc. All are more in-line with your major than putting together PC components.
>>
>>17802024

Hell, build a fucking basic radio to control your drone with. Simple, but will actually test your basics heavily.
>>
also building a pc isn't really something that teaches you anything, a 5 year old could do it, parts only go where they are supposed to go, you could learn it all in a day if you wanted to
>>
>>17801974
PC gaming is a great option.
As a fellow student, I can tell you that it's increased my intellect greatly. I can open up Youtube and throw on a lecture on Kant or Hegel that I otherwise would never have sat through and then open up a game, mute it, and enjoy. Eventually I learned that I could basically stop even showing up to lectures because all of the information for most of my classes is up on Youtube anyway, so I can just game and learn all day long and then show up for exams. My grades have improved dramatically since using this method, moving me from a high school 1.0 to my current 3.0 in college.
>>
>>17802024
I want to build a coil gun and mount it on my arm like Samus
>>
Yes it is. I wasted a lot of time with gaming. I hard quited a year ago. And my life is a lot better. Now I play e-guitar, have a great social life and way more fun.
>>
PC gaming rigs are a trap. You will get nothing out of it unless you really need a high end computer for 3dCAD or animation. Thow your money best at something that betters you as a person.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.