[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start streaming on twitch, playing retro video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: am8orK6_700b.jpg (75KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
am8orK6_700b.jpg
75KB, 480x640px
I want to start streaming on twitch, playing retro video games and a couple other types of games. How cute would I have to be to make this successful? Any advice on getting started, or anyone with experience?
>>
>>17801652

If you're a girl you need to at least be a 5/10. Just simply show clevage and wear tight clothing and lonely nerds with more money than sense will donate to you easily.

If you're a guy, don't bother.
>>
>>17801655
I'd say at least 7/10. OP, post pics.
>>
You can do well without being cute at all by being entertaining or offering in-depth insight of the game you're playing. You know, that's how male streamers manage to do it.

If you're a bad streamer your chances of making a buck from twitch are REALLY low, even if you're really hot. If you're serious about it I suggest you figure out how to be a good entertainer rather than a pretty face. And I'll warn you that most people who try to make a living off twitch fail and those who succeed have to put a lot of dedication into it and they'll still have a pretty long period where they'll work on it and make nothing or close to nothing off it.
>>
>>17801711
Nah, 5/10 is fibe enough. There's this fat Arab girl streamer. She is clearly a 5/10 and she receives at least $1000 in donations a month for the sole fact that 60% of her screen is cleavage
>>
>>17801760
You're probably talking about Miramisu. Yeah, she's garbage.
>>
>>17801655
what if I'm flat chested
>>
If you're a girl than you're on EZ mode for streaming and you don't need to do anything outside of just showing yourself.
>>
>>17801652
Show off your tits and wear tight pants, you'll have it made in no time.

If you're a dude, be a trap

If you don't wanna trap, then accept the fact the most viewers you will ever have at one time will be in the single digits.
>>
Ok, I'm not going to be as passive aggressive or cynical as the other people here.

As with any type of entertainment success, expect to put all your effort into it and have it amount to very little for a very long time. This is why people say you have to love what you do, do it for yourself and not for others, etc. Even if your content is really good, success comes at random. It could be years from now. If getting big is your main focus you WILL fail. You simply have no idea when its going to come. Most people quit before they get anywhere big or accept the very small community they have.

Another thing I recommend for streamers or youtubers is becoming a character or an extremely exaggerated version of yourself. The average person is just not entertaining. I'm assuming you're targeting a male audience because you talk about being cute. Once people get over your looks they still need a reason to watch. Be funny, talkative, or (the hardest but most impressive) really skilled/knowledgeable at video games. Being a girl makes things easier but you can't JUST be a girl. You need something else too.
>>
>>17802399
>you can't JUST be a girl. You need something else too.

Yeah, need to show off those titties.

Ignore that skill or knowledge bit. Nobody cares.
>>
>>17802411
You're better off just becoming a camwhore on chaturbate then.
>>
On this, what are some basic programs and settings I should run to stream?
>>
>>17802424
If you're not as dedicated you'll make more on chaterbate or myfreecams. Especially if you speak perfect English and aren't hideous.

But twitch has the potential for you to make mega bank on desperate retards, also less risk of social stigma if someone from your area finds recordings of you spreading gash.

There's that stupid skank dota2 streamer fluffiestbunny or whatever her stupid name is, who shows off her tits and butt all stream and plays maybe one game every 3 hours. A year ago I saw she had a rating of about 1,200 ranked, which is fucking pathetic. You don't need to be good at all nobody cares.
>>
>>17802439
twitch had a guide if you google it. Most people use OBS which is a free streaming software. Is somewhat easy to set up but can be tricky if your rig is shit.

If you have difficulty with it find one of your beta underlings to set it up for you. If you don't have a beta underling then get one and start stringing him along, you need the practice and it'll be your career from now on.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.