[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry in advance for massive greentext: >Dating this girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6386.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6386.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Sorry in advance for massive greentext:

>Dating this girl for 11 months
>Generally fine, common interest, similar sense of humour
>Except that quarrels tend to happen around special occasions (i.e. vacations, birthdays etc)
>She tends to threaten to break up when quarreling
>She pulls this shit again recently
>I get pissed and tell her fine, let's split then
>Leaves her stuff on her doorstep
>She calls, says she wants to talk
>I just reply her "Goodbye"

Did I do the right thing, /adv/?
>>
You probably dodgeg a bullet there OP
Girls that threaten to break up are generally unstable people. Better end it before you are completely trapped
>>
I would just say that she might be triggered (hate myself for using that word) by special occasions. My mom is the same, except I can't break up with her. And this greentdxt happened like 12 hours ago

>few days ago
>mom days big party on Saturday
>tell me to check bus times
>we live a minute from bus terminal
>I tell her 230
>she gets out of work at 2 so fine
>calls me at 1 as she left early
>says were leaving at 130 instead
>panic cause I need to shave shower etc
>tell her I'm ready at like 125
>she says no we wont make it
>she says I said 230
>I get pissed and tell her I'm going to pharmacy
>I go get my wallet and she's rushing me out the door saying we go for the 130
>YOU JUST SAID 230 BITCH

She also flipped out cause I was wearing a white hoodie with a light stain. Like no one is gonna care. But she's done this her whole life with special occasions

>you're wearing that? Ugh
>don't forget to bring the present!
>WHERE ARE YOU WERE LEAVING

Other then that, we hardly ever argue. But its guaranteed for a special occasion. If its too much for you, break it off.
>>
>>17801042
Do you want to keep her?
You did the right thing by letting her go regardless. Her threatening to leave is some stupid power play shit. When she comes back, and they usually do if they have been threatening it for a while, she will most likely be better behaved desu.
Realistically your going to have to deal with some stupid girl shit no matter which woman you are in a relationship with. So the real question is if you want to deal with having a girlfriend right now.
>>
I went through this. I broke up once but I just couldn't let her go so I brought her back. Things go well unless there is a quarrel and she admits herself if she was stupid enough to break up in a fit of anger, she would beg me after one or 2 weeks to come back.

I tried to find the source of this and it was mostly stress over her business. Once we closed it, it became much better. There are still problems though. She deals badly with irritations.

I know for many people, it was not the right thing to do. It is true she feels emotions more strongly, love and anger included and if it was not for our daughter, I would have probably left (we are not married btw) but the good outweighs the bad. And my patient teaching is now bearing fruits. She stops much earlier when she starts, she admits her mistakes and so on. More stable over all, probably the "power of love".

I suppose I'm old-fashioned.
>>
>>17801052
Hmm it's kinda like... the first few times she played this card, I was more concerned and flustered, but I kinda got numb and tired of the whole routine this time round.

>>17801054
She's kinda my first (I'm her... fifth I think), so there's a degree of attachment on my part I suppose. She has quite a bit of baggage though, and was thinking I'm hung up on other girls etc for a good chunk at the beginning.

>>17801071
How long did it take for you to steer her on the right path? I'd say I'm kinda the oldfashioned idealistic sort, in the sense that I embark on a relationship with the view of a longterm thing.

The previous times (>6 times) she played the breakup card, I pacified and extended olive branches, but it's gotten tiresome this time.
>>
>>17801042
You played it perfectly OP. You called her bluff and she knows she can't play games with you. Do some no contact for a few days then decide if you do want her back or not.
>>
>>17801117
Alright, thanks!
>>
What bear is that
>>
>>17801353
Doraemon duh!
>>
>>17801042

You should know deep down if you did what was right, but my advice would be to never make such massive life changing decisions in the heat of the moment. I get that you wanted to show her who's boss and that you aren't scared of losing her or whatever but do you really want to lose her, were you trying to teach her a lesson in anger or are you truly done with her.

I had a similar thing with my ex where most of the bigger fights we had she would try to bring up breaking up to show how serious the fight is, but she did it in an insecure way like "why don't you just break up with me if I'm so terrible". They do this out of fear of actually breaking up, not because they want to, unless of course she is saying she wants to haha
>>
>>17801042
Good job bro. She is trouble. She is used to preying on emotions to get her way. She was probably conditioned to be like this because of her upbringing, so don't feel like it was you.
>>
>>17801442
what happen did you patch
>>
>>17801353
Rilakkuma, actually.
>>
>>17801442
Idk man, girls are weird in their reverse-speak way. I'm just pretty tired, but can't quite bear to leave her either.

What caused your eventual split?
>>
>>17801466
>>17802613

We eventually split for other reasons, my understanding was she had a grass could be greener complex.

Don't leave her to teach her a lesson, it's stupid, just talk to her like she wants you to do and let her know you don't like that every fight she waves the break up card, and that you take it seriously whenever she does. She will likely accept your stance and you should be fine to keep going together.
>>
>>17802625
The thing is, I've actually spoken to her about the severity of wanting to breakup during quarrels, and that it's not something that should be said casually or taken lightly...

Also, it's been 3 days since I dumped her stuff, and she hasnt even contacted whatsoever despite spamming my phone with calls that fateful night.
>>
>>17801463
Srsly whats with dem girls tho?
>>
>>17803215
Girls are girls... They're unexplainable.
>>
No regrets, don't look back
>>
>>17803749
Seconding this.
Plenty of fish in the ocean.
>>
>>17802625
God bless you, and good riddance!
>>
my ex would do this too. first time it was over kids. I come into the bathroom one morning before leaving for work while she's doing her hair and get hit with "if you want kids, then we should break up" I'm like really? right now? how about we talk about this tonight. I tell her I do want kids and being this early in the relationship, it's ok to break up and still be friends. I end it and go on my way. Literally a couple hours later she's a broken wreck. We talk more and get back together on the notion of having the talk a few months later

Next time, one of her friends gets dumped. She gets in a sour mood and says to me do you think we really have a future? so and so broke up and i'm not sure about us.

Then another time when she's about to go on vacation. "Do you care about me? All I want to know is that you care" I'm like, where is this coming from??

Abandonment issues and excess baggage from previous relationships was my bet though it was always my fault as she didn't do anything wrong
>>
>>17804735
Hmm in my case, she also has a fair load of past baggage, I'd say. She's had around 5 exes, a few ended due to cheating, while the others ended due to various reasons...

For a good chunk of the beginning, she was perpetually thinking that I was hung up or eyeing other girls (despite it being otherwise).
>>
>>17804815
Realistically speaking, it'll likely recur again. Such things are usually chronic.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.