[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever gone through opiate withdrawal here? Trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1480193910080.jpg (38KB, 540x580px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480193910080.jpg
38KB, 540x580px
Has anyone ever gone through opiate withdrawal here? Trying to wean myself down, I've got an excellent support system -- but a big part of me just wants to find a quiet room and sink into oblivion. My significant other has said she would leave me on several occasions but even with that looming over me it's not enough.
>>
Not with opiates, but I have a serious alcohol problem I've actively been trying to kick out of my life this past year.

I can't say I can relate because my issue is very different from your issue, but just keep in mind that the end result will be worth it. You'll have a better outlook on life and won't have that addiction nag prodding at you all day every day.

The best motivation I've found in my situation is not to do it for others, but to do it for myself and my own self-improvement and a better, longer life.

Do your best, Anon. I don't know you but I'm rooting for you.
>>
>>17799537
Thank you for the pep talk, I realize it'll be worth it in the end but it's easy to lose sight of your end goal when your brain isn't working like it's supposed to.
>>
>>17799521
Dunno about the physical withdrawal, but as general "recovering from addiction" advice - It's not enough to just stop taking the substance. You have to replace it with something meaningful, you'll need something new to occupy all this free time. Start figuring out goals and plans for your drug-free life, or it will eventually become impossible to shake off that "nothing to do, might as well get high" feeling. You'll need to keep yourself busy and occupied.

One thing I personally found REALLY helpful - I adopted a dog. The dog needs to be fed twice a day, on time, and walked twice a day, on time. He depends on me, he needs attention and affection. Sometimes it's easy to say I don't give a shit about my own life, but it's hard to not give a shit about my dog. He makes it easier to avoid my impulse to shut down and disappear
>>
>>17799545
I know that feeling, man. On top of the alcoholism I'm also bipolar 2. Just have to keep fighting.

Getting fucked up and letting time waste away feels great at the time, but you look back and go "Well I didn't really do all that much did I?" and you wonder if you really are just wasting your life and missing out on what all these other people see and enjoy that you just can't.

Not saying you personally, just a person in general.

Try to focus on the long game and think of it as a fight for your life, because that's what it really is. A fight to regain control, and me -- I don't want to lose that fight to some stupid addiction. Keep at it, man.
>>
>>17799557
This guy is on point.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.