[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT. Looking for an accountability partner? Join our discord!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: test.jpg (97KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
97KB, 1024x690px
>old thread
>>17796704

The Learner’s Guild stands behind collective self-improvement and camaraderie; to strive to hold each other accountable in our endeavors, and make a few friends along the way!

Our goal is simple. Pick a goal, and update us on it. Do you want to learn a new language, get in shape, improve your relationships, but are afraid you won't commit? One of the best ways to combat this is to have a friend hold you accountable. This is our goal: be an accountability-buddy for everyone and let everyone be your accountability-buddy.

We don’t need another chat for feels and self-deprecation. There’s the /adv/ chat, or any other board on 4chan. Because of this, we have some guidelines, which lack of adherence to will result in being banned.

>Discord

https://discord.gg/nBahGZW

RULES AND GUIDELINES

=======================================

1. No slander, hate speech, or otherwise non-constructive criticism.
2. No shitposting.
3. No self-pity. This is a group for self-improvement. If you come with feels, you better also have ideas for acting upon them.
4. You must have at least one goal/discipline of your choice to improve on, and must update on the group your progress once a week every week from the day you join.

So if you are a new member, tell us a little bit about yourself and tell us what your goals are!
>>
Bump for prosperity
>>
File: 1476851424141.jpg (112KB, 750x746px) Image search: [Google]
1476851424141.jpg
112KB, 750x746px
>>
gay
>>
File: Ea4pRhz1Oas.jpg (128KB, 1006x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ea4pRhz1Oas.jpg
128KB, 1006x1000px
>>17799468

Bad manners.
>>
>>17799087
How strong is this community? Also I never really get how this works, every time I tell someone about my goals I get incredibly stressed. It does not motivate me, instead it makes me loathe the idea of even trying, because I'll fail anyway and people will get disappointed. I wanted to make videogames for most of my life but I never finished one and I feel like a failure because of that.
>>
I used to try to do this shit on here, but most people vanish pretty quickly.

Anyway, I am going to write an article on some bullshit new tech and submit it for publishing. I will update every few hours.

>>17799458
>>17799782

She is pretty meh.
>>
File: yYdgLku0Tho.jpg (150KB, 686x1024px) Image search: [Google]
yYdgLku0Tho.jpg
150KB, 686x1024px
>>17799816

Stop insulting my waifu, anon.

>>17799809

I understand. Perhaps you should try to join, have a chat.
>>
>>17799809
We aim for a small, but tightly knit group of people who are ready to stop fucking around and actually get shit done. Sounds cheesy but a really good impetus for self-improvement (and actually following through) is having a group of like-minded friends with somewhat similar ambitions. Both the mods are into coding, and are actively pursuing that, so maybe it'll be of interest to you.
>>
>>17799809
Also, the difference here is instead of just "telling people your goals", you're also making smaller goals in-between with actionable steps and deadlines (the SMART acronym), and keeping us posted on progress.

Which, you'd be doing by yourself anyway, but there's that problem of actually getting started and not stagnating in self-pity.

A little bit of stress is good sometimes.
>>
i beat my steps record today on stair thing at gym. and it's maybe time to up weight for squats and deadlifts.
>>
File: 1471128996267.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471128996267.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
>>
I like the idea of this. I really enjoy helping other people and my brainstorming abilities are pretty strong.
>>
I didn't do SHIT yesterday.

Today I am fucking with it, and I have to go through Ruby on Windows and the fucking Gem won't install. Wah wah, first world problems.

>>17800822

> I really enjoy helping other people and my brainstorming abilities are pretty strong.

Did you brainstorm what this thread is about?
>>
....an hour and a half later, I got the stupid fucking server to build.
>>
>>17801722

Comrade, what can I say, let us hold each other accountable if you wish?

Why aren't you part of the group?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.