[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is femininity? How does one act more feminine? I obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: dark_dungeons.jpg (46KB, 463x241px) Image search: [Google]
dark_dungeons.jpg
46KB, 463x241px
What is femininity?
How does one act more feminine?
I obviously don't fart and burp in front of people or whatever, but I've been told I'm pretty tomboyish.
>>
>>17798236
There isn't a super strict set of rules about how to be a proper woman.

In general, if you want to be more stereotypically feminine, you could:
- Dress feminine - Skirts. Thighs. Soft fabrics. Pastel colours.
- Take care of your appearance - do your hair, moisturise your skin, use a light make up that makes your skin look brighter and your eyes look bigger, shave.
- Smile more.
- Be domestic - Cook, bake, clean, have a nice looking, welcoming house.
- Be kind and sweet
- Ask for help, make guys feel necessary
- Do not swear, make sexual references, or insult people
- Be soft-spoken.

Work on the way you walk, on the way you laugh, on the way you stand.
>>
>>17798292
>Dress feminine - Skirts. Thighs. Soft fabrics. Pastel colours.
I already do this, somewhat. I don't wear skirts, because that's very out of fashion where I live and would attract a lot of attention
>Take care of your appearance - do your hair, moisturise your skin, use a light make up that makes your skin look brighter and your eyes look bigger, shave.
I do this.
>Smile more.
I ain't got a reason to smile, buddy, and fake smiles are unnerving
>Be domestic - Cook, bake, clean, have a nice looking, welcoming house.
I do this.
>Be kind and sweet
I guess maybe I wouldn't be described as sweet? How does one act sweet? Just give more compliments?
>Ask for help, make guys feel necessary
I ask for help when I need it?
>Do not swear, make sexual references, or insult people
I guess I can work on this
>Be soft-spoken.
You mean literally, as in speaking quietly?
>>
>>17798304
I'm not saying you have to do it all, mind you.

>I ain't got a reason to smile, buddy, and fake smiles are unnerving
In general girls who are bubbly and smile a lot are seen as feminine.

>I guess maybe I wouldn't be described as sweet? How does one act sweet? Just give more compliments?
Compliments, offering your help or support, being caring and nice.

>I ask for help when I need it?
Yes. My best friend told me this so I don't know how reliable it is, but she said that when she pretends to be weaker than she is or dumber than she is and asks for guys to help her they get to feel strong and useful and feel better about themselves.

>You mean literally, as in speaking quietly?
Yeah. Not being loud.
>>
>>17798292

Everything but 1 and 2 are a question of taste and culture. This is what American men like; it isn't what many European men like.
>>
>>17798383
Right, well I'm actually European, so mind giving a more European point of view?
>>
File: IMG_1385.jpg (32KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1385.jpg
32KB, 236x236px
>>17798304
If you got "no reason to smile" and call people "buddy", i can see why some have said you come across as a tomboy.

I guess what anon meant by sweet is ti be more empathic amd caring. Those are deeply feminine associated traits.

Don't do the "damsellin distress" if you are full well capable of dealing on your own. That's just embarassing. But what you can do is not let opportunities pass to let a guy feel manly in your company. This is achieved by emphasizing the differences between his manliness and your femininity. (he's so big, you're so tiny. He's so strong, you need his help. Yadayada)

Swearing and insulting should be crossed out compeltely, i agree. Some SUBTLE sexual hints can be very "enchanting". Key is SUBTLE and HINTS. So that he has to wonder if yiu actually meant it in a sexual way or if he's reading too much into it.

Having a lovely voice is a good idea. But don't speak quietly to achieve this. Record yourself. Do some voice exercises(mainly relaxing your vocal apparate).

As for the "dressing feminine" part: whatever clearly shows you're not a guy. Delicate fabrics, soft colors, lace, patterns, cardigans,...

Learn to do your hair and makeup in a natural but fresh way.
>>
Why? What's wrong with who you are?
>>
>>17798383
I am the person who wrote the list and I am European.
It's not about what men like, it is about what is considered feminine.
Any of th things on that list is not feminine?
>>
>>17798236
>implying femininity is actually a thing in 2016

femininity is when you have a vagina. you are feminine when you have a vag. you are masculine because you have a dick.

masculinity/femininity are donezo. it's only the choose-your-own-gender fucks that are really clinging to this idea, that they act more one way so they feel more one way thus must actually be the wrong gender. poor kids are so confused by these dumb social ideas.

just be yourself and stop worrying about what every action should be labeled as.
>>
>>17798473
Femininity and masculinity have more to do with gender roles than with biological gender.
A woman can be more or less feminine and still be a woman, a man can be more or less feminine and still be a man.

Stop being so fucking stupid.
>>
>>17798236
Why try to be feminine? Why not just be yourself, whether that's feminine or tomboyish?
>>
>>17798460
Not them but I think your list kind of combined femininity with being ladylike. Which isn't a bad thing given OP's question, but you can argue about whether wearing skirts and catching yourself before you curse is the core of womanhood.
>>
>>17798236
Honestly don't try to push it OP, if you don't naturally act or make yourselve up in an overtly feminine way, I don't see how doing so will do anything except make you uncomfortable. I cud be wrong though
>>
>>17799101
I don't think that there's a "core" of womenhood.
If I think about what being feminine means, I think about things that are traditionally associated with being a woman and the female gender role.
I don't think that there is a right way to be a woman, and it's the first thing I said in my post. I definitely feel like a woman even if I don't fulfil all the gender stereotypes related to it.
On the other hand if you want to be perceived as more feminine, you probably do have to act more ladylike.
>>
>>17798236
What's wrong with being a tomboy?

>>17798304

Be nice, act with care. Smile, wink every now and then when someone cute makes eye contact. Try to be less direct than the guys around you.
>>
just b yrself :^(
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.