[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is completely cutting off your relationships with your family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1468204613068.png (1MB, 1175x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468204613068.png
1MB, 1175x900px
Is completely cutting off your relationships with your family ever a good idea?
I'm considering doing this.
They're not abusive or anything, they're just unpleasant to be around and stress me out with petty shit. I'm sick of them, and I'm barely able to pretend like I have a smidgen of affection left for them, but in the end they spent their time and money on me raising me and I'd be sort of a brat just turning my back on them, so maybe I should just suck it up?
>>
Well nothing has to be permanent

But for now if thats what you need, do it. I'm planning on doing the same after college. I told my family if they want to stop being close minded its their choice, but I'm not living with them or being stressed with them holding me back.
>>
>>17797623
Slowly reduce the amount of contact you have with them and observe if anything in their behaviour changes - obviously you would need to tell them that you're sick of them (use a nice phrase though).
>>
family is important, dont turn your back unless its serious shit
>>
>>17797631
Family is important but that isn't always the case m8.

Sometimes they manipulate you into thinking they are teaching you whats right, but it turns out its whats right for them, not you.
>>
>>17797628
>use a nice phrase though

Like what?
Mom, it's no wonder dad left you. I'll go ahead and do the same
>>
File: satou-11.jpg (39KB, 696x337px) Image search: [Google]
satou-11.jpg
39KB, 696x337px
>be me
>born in a family of shitskins
>raised to only believe I can only be an engineer, doctor, or lawyer
>tell parents I want to be a cop
>"we wasted our money on your education"
>date a white chick
>parents threaten to cut themselves out of my life because she is white
>end up breaking up with her because there was too much tension in the relationship
>haven't forgiven myself because of the relationship ending

Fuck them. Either way, now they are going to be out of my life for sure. I'll make sure of that. Just wish I had the balls to stand up to their threats previously so it could have at least been with her instead of being alone.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.