[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have experience treating depression with hallucinogenics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Anyone here have experience treating depression with hallucinogenics? I've heard they can be extremely helpful in fighting depression.

My thoughts were, ween off my long list of SSRI's, smoke weed in the morning as an antidepressant (More effective than this bullshit) until I'm off my meds and comfortable again, then dropping acid for a permanent fix.
>>
>>17796610
Good luck with your psychosis
>>
If hallucinogenics were any good at treating depression, they would be monetized and marketed.
>>
Everyone on 4chan is beta as fuck
>>
>>17796779
Jokes on you, I was already diagnosed schizophrenic.
>>17796783
So weed was bad for you up until they started prescribing it for medicinal purposes? That aside, there's extensive research showing that certain hallucinogens are therapeutic.
>>
Bumping to start a conversation, hopefully. I'm sure someone has done it. Shrooms are common for this.
>>
>>17796860
Actual psychologist here:

The research isn't all that extensive. We don't have large, high quality studies, we don't have a strong understanding of why hallucinogens might work. What we do have is some very promising anecdotal data and a high risk/high reward situation. Take them at your own risk and if you're going to do it aim less for acid than for peyote or one of the longer-acting DMT formulations because they've got marginally better reputations.

Also, weed can be bad for you, especially at today's potency. A little bit of pot never hurt anyone, but stoner culture and inexpensive high strength strains means that we're actually seeing marijuana induced psychosis as a diagnosis in psych units.
>>
File: image.jpg (654KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
654KB, 1920x1200px
>>17796783
you are fucked. it is because they work that they are not produced and sold, not the other way around faggot.

also op do mush, it works best for depression.
>>
>>17796889

Oh dude, I totally appreciate this response. I don't want to get burned out on weed, just use it for a while to replace my expensive and ineffective SSRI's. It's always helped me get shit done in my depression (Been dealing with it progressively getting worse for like 8 years now). I'm not an everyday smoker and I hate weedposting on Facebook.

I will however try to research enough to find out what's safe and the best chance of success for myself.
>>
>>17796910
As someone who has drug reps in my office on the regular and doesn't take insurance, let me tell you this: if psychedelics were a viable cure for depression there is no force on Earth that could hold back the profit potential. I've seen families spend a quarter mill a year on residential treatment.

The major thing restricting research right now is drug laws, not some grand conspiracy of "They."

>>17796917
I hear that, but rebound anxiety from marijuana is a real concern. You should considering cycling off for a solid month every two or three months. You might also want to consider something other than SSRIs, the NDRIs like Wellbutrin can work wonders.

As a final aside, if you've ever actually been diagnosed with schizophrenia and you've ever experienced psychosis without drugs being involved, avoid marijuana and hallucinogens like the plague. A lot of folks just don't come back and the end of that road is literally a fate worse than death.
>>
>>17796910
Do you legitimately think that if there was a real medicine out there, that people wouldn't hop all over it to try to capitalize on it?

It's what happened with willowbark (aspirin), it happened with penicillin, it happened with vaccines, it's happened with daraprim, it's happened with every single medicine that has worked throughout history.

If there was a secret, highly effective cure, it would not be kept secret for long. Rich/famous.influential people would use it, then someone would spill the beans and sell it. And then it would be marketed extensively by the seller for as long as the patent lasts, and then everyone else would hop on to selling it. This is what happens when people realize they can sell something.
>>
>>17796942
People don't realize the kind of money at play here. Prozac, a drug which doesn't even work that well, made Eli Lilly an eleven digit profit during it's patent period alone.
>>
>>17796929

I'm on Trintellix, Seroquel, Buspar, and coming off of Cymbalta. I've taken tons of others. I'm ready to tell my psycho-pharmacologist or whatever to BTFO while I try something different than another shitty medication that probably won't work.

>>17796942

Well, unfortunately it's not quite as profitable as big pharma meds. And you don't take them for prolonged amounts of time. Again, they started using weed for medical purposes, so was it bad for you before they started prescribing it? Weed is cheaper than pills, that's why the FDA was so against making it medicinal.
>>
>>17796974
>Trintellix, Seroquel, Buspar, and coming off of Cymbalta.

Thats a pretty serious cocktail. Would I be right in assuming you've got a significant history of suicide attempts, hospitalizations, and probably some psychotic features?
>>
>>17796998

Well, I was hospitalized for a suicide attempt when I was sixteen, once when I swallowed a bottle of pills when I was seventeen (First time I was in a helicopter and I don't remember it). Then I was held in an adult ward early this year for the first time, for delusional thinking. They never tested for what I asked them to, they didn't let me show them why they weren't able to hold me. I'm not crazy, the stuff I'm dealing with although stranger than fiction, has driven me damn near close to it.

I'm more concerned about the emotional pain that becomes a full body pain that never feels like it's going to go away. I wake up with it, I go to sleep with it, I feel like I'm missing a fundamental component of being a human. I vaguely remember feeling different early in my life, and even early in my depression: functional. I am in so much pain I've lost my ability to function. I'm willing to risk it for the biscuit at this point. Feel like it's been enough time doing what doctors tell me, and time to try something unconventional.
>>
>>17797025 by them not being able to hold me, I mean that I admitted that I was acting delusional, I wasn't a threat to myself or others, I went to the ER for a specific reason and they admitted me to a mental health unit. I'm not on /x/ so I won't go into the reasons leading up to that visit, and what I've dealt with since.
>>
>>17797031
>I'm not on /x/ so I won't go into the reasons leading up to that visit, and what I've dealt with since.

Please do.
>>
>>17797037

>be mid summer, a year before this previous one
>be semi functional depression wise, hanging with friends, but introspective
>Tap into telepathy, it's a skill and can be learned
>One night, lying in bed, early like 2am, see an alien on the field outside my window
>Talk to him, tell him how fascinating this encounter is
>We're kinda cool, he finds the fact that I tapped into this ability fairly interesting
>Also start talking to random telepaths, cult members, people I don't know. I also notice shifts in the universe/timeline/what have you
>Well, while I was with some friends, I went out for a smoke. I was all alone. I can tell the difference between sounds and mind-speak
>Hear my name being called verbally from my friend's back yard. Softly, inviting me out
>Walk out back, can hear footsteps, it's dark, keep hearing footsteps closing in on me
>Friend walks out from his house, porchlight on, the presence I felt is gone, he calls and asks wtf I'm out there for
>Rest of the night is uneventful

>Fast forward six or so months, always having conversations with people, noticing shifts in time, people have verbally communicated that it's not in my head and they have it too. However, they think you can't talk about it so it's hush hush
>Aliens basically tell me others started learning it sometime after I figured it out, sharing magic, etc
>Sometime during the night, I'm talking to a cult member. Well, I got hexed, started coughing up an inhuman amount of semen from my throat, smells awful, cult member laughing about it being from several different strippers
>I go to the ER, they don't test it, they immediately write me off as a nutcase, and one of the nights I'm doped up on anti psychotics that never got rid of my telepathy, but made me exhausted and easily coerced, a nurse I hadn't seen prior or since, had me sign a fucking STD waver in the middle of the night
>It's been a whole year since then and I've experienced tangible proof many times that I'm not insane
>>
>>17797089

Sorry, been dealing with it a while. There's been plenty of occasions I've been given proof. Plenty of verbal conversations acknowledging it. There's more stuff but probably don't need to go into it, sorry that it's void of details or specific dialogue, it's been a while. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction though. My brain has gone through some restructuring over this process, and my grey matter is probably fucked so hard due to how shitty the whole situation is, maybe that's why I'm so depressed. Idk
>>
>>17797089
Yeah. Avoid hallucinogens and marijuana.
>>
>>17796783
They are
You can go on ayahuasca retreats in Mexico an shit
They just are marketed in the US cuz illegal

My bet is that sooner or later the US will legalize psychedelics and you'll have a whole slew of that shit

We'll also have people able to conduct studies to finally prove the effectiveness of them because that's what's seriously lacking

Fuck nixon
>>
>>17797103

Well, that's why I didn't wanna post it. However, plenty of tangible evidence has been given to me so I don't doubt it although I do realize how crazy it sounds. Gave the green text on a whim, not expecting for anyone to believe it.
>>
>>17797103
>>17797100
In fact, my dubs indicate that you are wrong, sir.
>>
>>17797089
Interesting read

Have you ever thought that it might actually be all in your head
Like what convinces you so much

If I saw a giant elephant wherever I went and no one else ever saw it I would probably assume it wasn't real. Seems like it would be pointless to do anything else
>>
>>17797144

1) it started with many different conversations with many different people, from the beginning of figuring out telepathy. Having that many autonomous personalities in my head would require a ton of restructuring, (Think idiots who dedicate their time to tulpamancy) although this is fairly anecdotal.
2) some of the people I talk to have verbally communicated that they are in fact telepathic as well. That, communicating with some of them on 4chan a few meaningless times. Posts where they said they would be, subject matter and messages directly correlating with telepathic conversations (Too long ago to go digging in the archives).
3) other than the direct verbal confirmations, I've had to deal with people being so afraid of consequences for people knowing about said telepathy, try to trap/lead me to places where "accidents" could happen. Like it's a game. I don't have hallucinations either. I'm not constantly smoking weed. It isn't rational, it isn't easy to believe if you haven't dealt with it, and I don't expect you to easily accept it as factual.
>>
>>17797144
>>17797174

Also, oddly, a change in perspective and general perception of the things around me? I'm setting up brain scans on Monday. For one I might have cancer, and two I think I can prove I have certain cognitive abilities.
>>
BUMP we got away from the initial conversation. Anyway, after brain scans, I'm probably gonna BTFO my doctor while I smoke weed, get off my ssri's and do a hallucinogen.
>>
I wouldn't drop acid everyday. I would try dmt to find clarity and such (usually only takes one time, I would recommend spiritual or any kind of guidance) . Maybe just try weed..then go from there, try different things and see what works.
>>
>>17797341

Ah, I want to try DMT. Heard it can be fairly intense for a first time hallucinogen user. I just want to see if I still have a soul. Maybe it could change my perception back to seeing value in life. I am spiritual, so I can look more into that.
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>17796610
Hi, OP. I'm diagnosed with general anxiety, and I'm sure I also have deppression. I've experiemented with small doeses of LSD (most being 50 micrograms) and can say that it's quite similar to addie or any good stimulant. I've not yet tried enough to actually "trip" and see visuals, but it's always been quite fun. You'll feel the same rush as with adderall, but you'll also suddenly feel very sensitive to whatever sights and people are around you. I definitely wouldn't take it to trip unless I'm in a good mood and have a little experience with small doeses.

Also, I found this very insightful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOET9n8wnmo

>>17796889
>Also, weed can be bad for you, especially at today's potency

What's your opinion of the few studies available showing marijuana-induced IQ decline? There's the tendency to dismiss these as politicized rubbish.
>>
>>17797352
Also (every one hates this person) a plant based diet could significantly help. Do some research, you might be interested. But I definitely recommend DMT over daily acid.
>>
>>17797402

I just wanted to trip once or twice as I've heard that that alone can be very helpful.
>>
>>17797424
Just do what you think is best. Be safe and good luck
>>
>>17797376
>What's your opinion of the few studies available showing marijuana-induced IQ decline? There's the tendency to dismiss these as politicized rubbish.

Psychologist back.

Like most research involving marijuana, we don't have the sample sizes to draw appropriate conclusions. I'd want to see a very large longitudinal study, large enough that we're getting a large control sample, large continued use samples though a variety of use conditions, and large discontinued use samples. That would be difficult, given the expense of quality IQ testing. My gut tells me that marijuana-induced IQ decline is something thats going to look very scary in early studies and then show up to be a contaminating variable (lifestyle, co-ocurring substance abuse in populations likely to be heavy marijuana users, early vascular dementia, etc).

The problem with marijuana is that most of our data is worthless. When marijuana was arguably harmless we had the government saying just one jazz cigarette was going to turn you into a psychotic rapist. Now that we have people actually hitting the nl/mg threshold for psychosis on a regular basis, we have an army of advocates using data from thirty years ago. We basically know the occasional use is fairly safe and heavy, chronic use is dangerous (although we don't know how dangerous). Medically, we know that marijuana is good at managing pain, stimulating appetite, and controlling seizure activity. Beyond that we find ourselves in uncharted territory.

What I tell my clients is to use marijuana only recreationally, socially, and to avoid regular use of BHO. If theres any history of schizophrenia or bipolar in your family, or if you're on SSRIs or atypicals, it really ought to be off the table entirely.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.