[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everybody. I'm a clinical philosopher and psychologist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 253x199px
Hello everybody.

I'm a clinical philosopher and psychologist who lives in Brazil. For those who don't know, the first title is for those who use philosophy as a way to help people's psique.

Anyways, I'm here offering myself to help out with any advice you might be needing. I'll probably be here for another two, three hours and I'll try to answer all the posts I see in that time.

Oh, all I ask from you guys is to leave a 'tl;dr' section at your post, or just try to keep it short!
>>
Sorry for the off-topic question, but how is your profession viewed there?
>>
>>17795361
No problem.
As a psychologist I'm well seen, the profession itself is. Gotta keep in mind that there's still a bit of prejudice about it, as it used to be related to crazy people. But it's all ok.

About the clinical philosopher profession, I don't think we're viewed at all hahaha. When I say I graduated on it, people always ask 'and what's it about?' or 'what is that?'.

Good thing both of them work well together.
>>
How can I leave a disintegrating friendship?

A friend and I were pretty close a while back. Lately, though, she seems annoyed by me talking to her and speaks briefly even when she's the one starting the conversation

Over the past year I've vented to her a lot about things that were going on. She was always really supportive, but I think my neurotic ways are taking their toll and she doesn't want to be dragged down anymore. I've tried to address that but she denied anything was wrong.

Problem is, we have a couple classes together and we were co-authoring a book (which I don't know if she intends to finish). I don't want to burn any bridges midyear. What can I do?
>>
>>17795376
From what you said, I take it you are making many suppositions instead of relying on facts.

There are many reasons someone might talk briefly. Most of them have nothing to do with the person they talk to.

If you expect her to be friendly to you, I'd say the best thing to do is to be friendly to her. Supporting her and all that, give what you want to receive.

If you still want to leave the friendship, the least traumatic way is just by moving away. Talk less and less, avoid contact, give some space. Maybe space is what'll bring the friendship back together, I've seen that happen a lot.

There's also the 'opening up' option.
>>
Are there any drawbacks to having no career ambition other than people looking down on you? I'm happy to do odd jobs for the rest of my life earning just enough money to pay my bills.
>>
That's a really silly question compared to what other people here go through, but what the hell: how can I deal with paruresis (inability to pee outside the house or if there are people nearby)? It makes me limit my time going out a great deal
>>
>>17795393
>appy to do odd jobs for the rest of my life
Drawbacks exist in the manner people will see you. Obviously someone with a promissing carreer will be looked differently (i'm not saying better or worse, cuz it's not).
Every choice has drawbacks, even having a promissing carreer.
>>
>>17795395
It's not silly... At all.

If it holds you back, there's probably some fear connected to it. Not fear to pee outside, but to show urself naked or to be seen peeing...

My point is, there's something more about it, maybe you experienced something in ur childhood that made you be shy about that kind of thing.

My advices are:
1- Seek the root of that limitation you have. It's a belief, a thought, an emotion or even a memory. You can notice it grow whenever you entertain the idea of peeing outside.

2- Visualise yourself doing it, peeing outside without feeling any anxiety fear or whatever. You can lie down or sit down, close your eyes, imagine yourself in a party going to the bathroom. Try to visualise it throught your own eyes and not as a movie (3rd person view) and make it most lifelike possible. Live that situation where you do what you fear without fear many times in your mind... Tell yourself that there's no problem about it while on it, try to keep thoughts to a minimum (beside the imagination part) and don't judge anything in the visualisation, just live it.
>>
I wish I could ask you something but I'm so confuse I can't even formulate a question. Sou brasileiro, por falar nisso. I feel good when I drink because some critical part of me 'goes to sleep' and I can connect more to people and care less on what others think. Can I achieve the same state without booze?
>>
Which philosophers have influenced you and your practice the most? I suspect the Stoics?
>>
I am a neurotic. Pursuing a career and relationships is an obsession yet when it actually comes to making an effort to improve these areas, I pull back, get stressed as fuck and start to hate the whole world

What's all that about?
>>
>>17795411
Fala, amigo!

So, as a matter of fact I have stopped drinking 3 years ago. I had the same question in my head 'can I be so carefree and outgoing without boose? Can I even enjoy the party that much without it?'
And the answer I found it... Yes. Even better. The part that goes to sleep is a part of you man, neglecting it has a depressive effect. It's ok to be shy and talk, it's ok to dance like crazy without being actually crazy and so on.

But, well... it takes time. At first, every party I went to I was mad after alcohol, but held my will and did not drink. After a few weeks, I was feeling so much better that the wish to drink disappeared...

Bottom line is: Yes. Drinks made you someone else, so you can reach other heights of fun and carelessness by not drinking or stopping to drink, but it will take you some time to get used to it.
>>
>>17795412
Many indeed, from Diogenes to Nietzsche I've used quite a few.
Stoics are good, but every person has to be given the medicine they need. Headache pills do not heal stomach illness. So the philosophers I bring about are usually the ones the patient bring up in his own thoughts. I find someone who thinks a like or has another view of the same fact and present it to the person.
>>
>>17795342
A question for your psychologist self
I already posted in its own thread so I'll just give a tl;dr
Basically I feel like I'm in love with a girl I can never be with, she's an Instagram model, and also 12 years old.
And I''m way more attracted to girls of that age than girls my own age.
What's up with my head?
>>
>>17795415
Obsession is not healthy. If you feel a drive so strong to go for it, you probably have unfinished business when it comes to feeling loved and feeling deserving. I must point out that being very obsessed will actually make you sabotage yourself, as your personality will be on the way and being still is confortable, making efforts and running the risk of failure, isnt.

Since you are in an obsession, my tip to you is to focus on something else that'll bring about what you miss and wish enough to be obsessed about.

I have no contact with you to give you a concrete answer as to what it is you miss. Only you can tell us that, for now. Anyways, a very good way to feel loved and deserving is to get closer to family.
Parents are the best at this time, but anyone with in a parental position works. Show love to them and they'll show love to you. You'll feel loved, not needing that much of a relationship anymore, less obsession about it. Less obsessed, that'll be less pressure and you'll probably stop sabotaging yourself on that matter.

About the carreer part, fathers or grandfather usually are the best for this. It might be hard, but find it in them, the 'deserving' words and actions, but you try hard enough you will.

Then again, without the family connection possibility, you must understand that at some point we give ourselves what we need, parents are not always around and family is not always supportive, so learn to love yourself more.
Think during the day phrases like "I am deserving of a good career/of this career i'm striving for" or "I am loved and I can be loved by a gf/bf, I am enough, I can do it"...
It's more effective if you actually change a bad thought into a new, healthy and good thought.
>>
>>17795406
It's hard for me to catch that 'root', it's such a mish-mash of feeling that go through my head, shame, nervousness and fear.Specially fear of of the other people around me. It started suddenly when I was in the last year of high school, about 5 or 6 years ago.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it.
>>
>>17795438
Never is a very long time, friend. I don't know your age, but when she is 18, its legal.

Being attracted to young girls is VERY common, really, VERY VERY VERY common amongst men. Some say it's because the feminine energy flows through them easier, but who knows the real reason?

The point is, it's normal to feel that attraction, it's not wrong. Wrong is forcing her to fuck you because you are attracted, or breaking the law in order to do it. When I say wrong, I mean 'that'll give you problems'.

Do you know the girl? I feel like you are in your head. An idea of her is what you love, not her. Have you talked with her?... I'm not saying there is no love, I'm just saying it might not be about her, but about you. Do you fall in love like that often?

Still, I need more info to go on.
>>
>>17795451
I see. You might consider looking for a psychologist to help you sort out those emotions. Seeking the roots is our job, basically hahaha.

Many people feel that confusion with many different things, you are not a maniac, crazy or whatever.

I just think you need to look at that matter with new eyes, a new point of view. That's why I suggested the visualization exercise, in which "it's just fine to pee outside".
Good luck!
>>
>>17795457
Well you see she's a famous Instagram model. Hundreds of thousands of followers across a couple of media platforms. So I will likely not ever be with her.
To a larger point, I am attracted to girls her age. I have a desire to date a girl around 12-15, take her places, give her everything, and treat her like a princess.
I have not as much a desire to do that with girls my age (I'm 20 and in college). I've had 1 serious girlfriend and have hooked up with a few other while here, but I really only think of this girl when I was with them.
>>
>>17795501
Well, have you travelled a lot? Maybe you don't fancy the girls you live around. Maybe you have trust issues about older (same age) girls.

I haven't seen any problem on ur case as if you were mentally ill, you have your breaks. The deal is just that you aren't feeling attracted so much to girls your age, but since you feel attraction to younger girls, there's no blocking on liking another person. And since you haven't raped kids, there's no mental illness to diagnose.

You can find an older girl with a childlike personallity, or even a childlike body...

Seems you have a singular taste on women.

Let me remember you that attraction to young girls is really common, although most men deny it.
>>
I am very insecure and even though I am now successful with girls, I keep thinking it's not enough, and I can't commit to a relationship because eventually I chase of new pussy.

I also tend to quickly develop some kind of feelings to any new girl I meet, even if I just kissed her twice in a bar while piss drunk.

Wat do?

Obrigado
>>
>>17795556
Usually when a person jumps fast into emotional bonding, it mean that person has a need for that bonding, a deep need rooted down to lack of feeling loved.
Sometimes its so deep that person itself has a hard time understanding his actions.

With that said, you need to fill this need you have. As im sure you realized, its not pussy juice that fills it. Its feeling loved.

My tip is to give yourself a lot of love. Switching the focus off of girls and relationships and into becoming the person you want, as a professional, a son... Give yourself attention.

It may look disconnected, but im sure that investing your thoughts and actions into finding what makes you whole inside will make you well prepared for whatever girl or relationship you find.

Feeling insecure also comes from this questioning of urself, of this lack of self focus and self knowledge.

De nada!
>>
>>17795694
I will give it a try. Thanks so much for spending some time here and casting some light over our lost souls!
>>
>>17795342

>Clinical philosopher

Is it even possible to establish epistemological foundations for what is objectively good from a "clinical" perspective, or even what the body is at all? How do you define the particulars of these concepts beyond their apparent linguistic description, much less whether they actually exist beyond the apparent perception that allows you to doubt them?
>>
>>17795342
I feel like a woman on the inside, i hate having broad shoulders and beard, when I look in the mirror what i see doesn't correspond with who I am in my mind. What can I do?
>>
>>17795727
You can change your gender through cirurgical practice.

So, I'm back to answer more questions! Feel free to ask them, same rules as my first post. OP here!
>>
>>17795713
>9
Those concepts are determined by the patient, not by the clinical philosopher. It's the patient that shows interest in seeing new perspectives and so on.

Usually when we feel bad emotions, we shut in into our thoughts and emotion. What I mean is, we can't see the other way around, we are blind to other perspective.
Once the patient shows he is openned up for it, usually by noticing he is missing something, or just wishing to see other persons view, then enters the philosophy.

We take those concepts as symbols, and the meaning of the symbol is very personal. It's from the patient that we get the answer that it's 'good' or not, clinically speaking.

Oh, we doubt them, just so we can find a new meaning to it and understand the new meaning that comes with every patient.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.