[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a freshman in college, I've become severely depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Feel.jpg (83KB, 573x400px) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
83KB, 573x400px
As a freshman in college, I've become severely depressed mainly due to loneliness.

Lately I've felt less depressed but nothing has changed in my life.
Not happy, just not sad.

My biggest fear in life is accepting unhappiness and that's what I believe is happening to me.

How can I try to snap out of this funk I'm in?
>>
>>17794473
>My biggest fear in life is accepting unhappiness
You have to accept it. Some people just have shitty lives. Take it from me, accepting it is liberating.

Accept it and adapt accordingly.
>>
>>17794509
I mean not having any hope for happiness
>>
>>17794473
was same position as you in 1st year, now 3rd year. Things are a bit better now.

Join clubs and make friends, go out and get drunk with them once in a while. Focus on your studies, thats what you're there for, enjoy things man
>>
>>17794541
I've looked through all the clubs my uni offers and none of them interest me.
My few close friends are content with staying in every night and keeping other social contact to a minimum.
I did go out to a few parties during the first few weeks and did enjoy it. I've always like things like that.
But that was during the period where people rush frats and sororities so they pretty much let anyone in.
I didn't want to join a frat this first semester so I could stay focused on school but if I had known that joining could've given me the chance of being happy every so often, I would've joined in a heartbeat.

It is also very hard for me to focus on anything when I'm this depressed. I lose all motivation.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 243x207px
bump
>>
Im 34 and that doesn't ever go away. Sorry to say OP. You're likely predisposed to depression or mental illness.
Nothing I've done or accomplished makes me feel better. I've been married, college diploma, have a good paying job, have people that care about me, get fucked all the time. Still all feels the same. Like... nothing. The exact same i felt when i was sleeping on peoples couches and working as a grocery clerk. Not sure what's wrong with me. I often thought maybe a head injury or asperger's. Just jaded probably. Hopefully you find what makes you feel fulfilled and turn it around.
>>
As another freshman on college I'm going to tell you to grow the fuck up.

Waaah I'm lonely
It's pathetic.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.