[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /adv/ My boyfriend of 6 years is more on the conservative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4347.jpg (53KB, 599x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4347.jpg
53KB, 599x436px
hello /adv/

My boyfriend of 6 years is more on the conservative side, I'm a liberal. For years this hasn't been big deal for either of us. However, recently he's been spouting out opinions that go way beyond just being conservative opinion and go into "WTF" territory:

He believes

--If a woman gets pregnant she should be forced to give birth and raise the child as punishment for being a whore

--If a gay kid comes out to their parents and they send him to gay camp, he deserves it because he chose to come out

--that emotions are flaws and should be corrected

--Anything you feel is your fault (including emotional abuse)

--Men who get aids should not be allowed treatment because they knew the consequences when they had sex

--suppressing your feelings is a good thing and that "being yourself" is selfish

All of these views are under his thought of "everyone should be accountable for their actions." I agree with personal accountability but these just seem way off and frankly disturbing. Since I really do care about him I've been kind of ignoring these opinions since everything else in our relationship is okay. However, sometimes he'll bring them up and I'll get angry all over again.

These opinions have been coming out over the last few months and I just feel confused. I tell him that his opinions are so out of line with mine and extreme, but he gets defensive and says "I respect your opinions, why can't you respect mine?" He goes on to say that "they're just my opinions, they shouldn't matter. What matters is how I act. Opinions are pointless and shouldn't be taken seriously." And it's true...he treats me nice and we get along. In person, he's extremely kind to me and other people. I guess he's never acted on these opinions but I can't help but be confused/alarmed by his words. Is it wrong for me to be disgusted by his world view when his actions are the complete opposite?

Any outside opinion would be appreciated, thanks.
>>
Yeah, seems like a healthy guy
>>
>>17794467
haven't we already had this thread

no, it's not wrong for you to be disgusted by his world view. if he was a massive racist, but never acted on his hatred, he is still trash.

he probably believes what he believes, but is too much of a child to act on it. if he thought he could get away with it, i guarantee he would do it. he doesn't have the guts.

he's an idiot.
>>
>>17794516
I'll admit this is repost, I'm just feeling insecure with it all. He's in my head and I'm questioning if I have a right to be upset. Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you.
>>
You really shouldn't date outside your political philosophy, its actually one of the things you look at that has a strong correlation to a successful relationship. Men generally are more conservative than women. I suspect you both would be better off with different partners. Respect is a key part of any relationship and by what you typed, its pretty obvious you don't have much respect for him...its also quite telling that a conservative guy hasn't asked you to marry him after 6 years, he probably doesn't see you as wife material.
>>
>>17794535
you're welcome. why not leave him and be with a ReAl Man? ;^) i am only have a little bit of anxiety and depression, and definitely don't currently have a job with a company that is about 2 weeks away from liquidation

but hey we all have our problems right
>>
>>17794567
>i am only
pls ignore typo, i'm trying not to shit myself at work
>>
Dump him
>>
>>17794467

Obviously there is a lot wrong with him intellectually and emotionally. But most importantly, like i said last time you posted this.

>--Anything you feel is your fault (including emotional abuse)

He literally blames people for being emotionally abused. He is victimizing abusers. He probably is currently or will be abusive in the future with that utterly backwards mentality. GTFO, dump him.
>>
>>17794467
Some of those views are pretty odd and im conversative myself. I'd say try to have a decent conversation about those pain points and ask him to rationalize it. Tell him it bothers you and if he loves you he'll try to make the effort to understand your views better and maybe have a change of heart for the sake of your relationship. But if not then you're probably wasting each others time and will cause issues down the line. That being said if you've been together for 6 years maybe its not that big of a deal for either of you.
>>
Wow god forbid a guy has opinions that aren't yours, even if they aren't extreme

Literally white knights and narrative parrots saying otherwise.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.