[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is going to sound really gross but whatever. I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: blank face.jpg (19KB, 483x750px) Image search: [Google]
blank face.jpg
19KB, 483x750px
This is going to sound really gross but whatever.

I haven't properly brushed my teeth or kept up with general hygiene for the last 4 years due to some shitty irl situations, depression, and general feelings of uselessness. I'm starting to pick up my life again and fall into a routine of productivity but I can't get back into brushing my teeth. Whenever I do there's an ungodly amount of bleeding. How do I fix this before it gets out of hand? Thanks.
>>
had a similar thing, when I finally mustered up the courage to fix things I spent about 3k on my teeth to get them healthy again. If that's not an incentive, being close to girls always helped for me. Whenever I knew I'd spend time with a girl I'd brush my teeth, so I just looked to meet with one almost every day...
>>
Oh, and the bleeding only goes away from getting used to the brushing. It's a sign that your dental-skin (no idea what it's called) is unhealthy.
Also, the feeling when you can eat ice again without hurting teeth is nice.
>>
Buy the softest toothbrush you can, and make sure to brush your gums. The bleeding won't stop until you fall into a regular pattern of brushing. Also get a sensitive tooth/gum toothpaste. Go to your dentist if you're too concerned
>>
Is a dentist's intervention the only way at this point or can i just brute force it for so many weeks until the bleeding subsides? Girls are definitely a motivator, but atm trying to focus on establishing my profession first before I dive into anything. I'm in the trades so little to no exposure to girls there heh.
>>
Also, don't go to just any dentist. Go to different ones and look for one that makes you feel comfortable and seems professional. I went through about 5 until I found one I was comfortable with.
>>
>>17794451

Thanks anon. I have one I'm comfortable with, just haven't been there in ages.
>>
>>17794440
>>17794433
What these Anons said. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and also softly brush your gums. Your gums bleed because they're inflamed and you can only get rid of the inflammation through dental hygiene.

I would also recommend visiting a dentist ASAP. They can remove the tartar that's undoubtedly built up on your teeth over the years and that will prevent you from properly cleaning your teeth by just brushing. You can't get rid of it yourself. There are also special mouth rinses and dental pastes that will accelerate the healing process of your gums. Also, cavities will probably have formed, so you should really get your mouth checked out before shit gets worse.

Good luck, Anon, and don't forget to floss once your gums have recovered a bit.
>>
>>17794448
Same thing for superiors, teachers, etc. I'd be ashamed to talk to anyone important with a layer of dirt on my teeth. It also smells.
I highly recommend seeing a dentist, since it's likely that your teeth have suffered from that treatment, and the sooner you fix it the cheaper it is. (3k is a lot of money dude)
>>
Op here.

Great advice from everyone, all really appreciated and I'll start working on that soft toothbrush thing asap. I don't think I have cavities (no serious tooth pains after all this time)

>>17794470

Same feelings here towards "authoritative" figures. Yup it sucks.
>>
>>17794496
You won't feel cavities until they're really bad. And you won't usually be able to see them either unless they're right on your frontal teeth. Trust me, chances are you have cavities unless your teeth genes are amazing.
>>
>>17794506
When the tooth hurts it's like almost too late. Seriously, go to the dentist. If he says everything is ok then it is.
>>
>>17794506

I see, every other time I had cavity problems, pain was always a precursor to something going wrong and presented itself pretty quickly but I won't be ruling out that there may be something dormant. Thanks for the persistence and encouragement anons, a visit will have to be arranged.
>>
just popping by to confirm that this is normal when you don't brush your teeth for ages. get soft bristles, try to be gentle, keep doing it daily. it will stop. i don't think it takes too long to stop, either.

when i was a kid i hated brushing my teeth. i think i went about 1~ year without doing it at some point. i went to a dentist (brushed my teeth right before going, obviously) and they said "pretty good, maybe brush a little bit more often" and i felt so vindicated.
>>
Its already out of hand bro lmao
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.