[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother's girlfriend called me a self-hating woman when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0309.jpg (19KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.jpg
19KB, 231x218px
My brother's girlfriend called me a self-hating woman when I offhandedly mentioned wanting to be a housewife one day

She said I set women back 70 years

Am I a shitty person?

I like being at home and making everyone comfortable, it's not like I'm lazy or a parasite

I did get a degree to care for myself anyway in the meantime

I don't know
>>
>>17794205

>Am I a shitty person?

Yes.
>>
Not really.

Women being caretakers is a very natural thing, though I wouldn't exactly call it being ambitious.
>>
Your brother should get rid of his girlfriend. And if he's a feminist enabler, cuz clearly he has a feminist for a gf, maybe he should dump himself, on the street.

It's like she has no intention of getting married to your brother. might as well dump that shit.
>>
>>17794205

Fuck the dogmatic cunt.
Feminists only care about women's freedom when it's their own, after that, it's like any extreme cult. "You're free, but only if you do exactly as I say and do".

You should really mention that to your brother. If I got with a girl and she suddenly started judging my family for their life choices, I'd drop her.
I have this twisted little notion that meeting a partners family should be a fucking intimidating ritual where you feel as though you should put on your best self, to prove to the caring family that you are worth you partners time.
Straight up, if a girl thinks I'mma stick around while she shit talks my family, if she thinks I'm that wrapped around her finger, goodbye bitch.

Besides, she literally sounds like the kind of radfem that's gonna cuck your bro hard.]

As a guy though; good luck with your goals. That is not gonna be easy given how just one income can barely sustain a family these days + guys awareness of divorce courts (the less you earn, the worse it is for them). You'll be hard pressed to find a man that both agrees with you and earns enough for it to be feasible.
>>
>>17794205
slight amount of internalised misogyny, but you're not a shitty person.

truthfully, if we weren't in the position we are in where men have all this power, there wouldn't be a problem with wanting that kind of life. but the fact is that women need to stick together if they are going to see any change in the world, and conforming to gender roles doesn't help the situation.

but, nobody should shit on you for doing it. nobody should shit on you for wearing dresses and make up and whatever. for a lot of women, this is an easy way to express 'femininity', and thus protect themselves from attack. conform, and you don't receive shit from the majority of the population.

this is a very complicated and nuanced issue t b h, and i'm not the best person to explain it.

you aren't a shitty person, and honestly your brother's girlfriend is doing exactly the same thing (setting women back) by attacking you so harshly. competition between women is exactly what you're raised to do. (see: you have to be smaller, prettier, quieter, sexier, than other women) she should be a little bit more helpful about it, and actually talk to you about why it's kind of a problem, and not just call you a name and leave.

nobody else that has replied in this thread knows anything about the nuances of feminism. it is not a hivemind. not all feminists agree on everything.
>>
>>17794244
not to mention nobody on 4chan is going to take feminism seriously.
>>
Nothing to do with misogyny at all. How the fuck do you talk to a person whose dream in life is to cook and clean the house?
>>
>>17794244
Kick this cunt in the cuntface, please.

Op, you are within your right to want to be a "housewife." It's absolutely a valid and necessary position in society. Especially once you pop out halflings.

The appearance can be such that you may seem a little dependant and/or needy. I would maintain resolve but perhaps keep the position private until you are at a defining point in the relationship with your SO. No need to get up in arms over it.
>>
>>17794250
>Liberals thinking their dreams are possible or even matter

Be a benefit to society. Someone maintaining the homestead is a benefit. If you can't talk to someone logical that seems to be a problem on your end.
>>
>>17794248

>Equality for all, equal pay for equal work.
>Men do the hard jobs, HAIRDRESSERS SHOULD EARN THE SAME AS PEOPLE DYING AND GETTING INJURED IN FACTORIES, QUARRIES AND WAREHOUSES.

>Consent is important.
>HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT CIRCUMSISION MRA'S? ARE YOU ALL SEXIST SHITLORDS. LOoK AT HOW WE'RE PORTRAYED IN VIDEOGAMES.

>Don't be sexist.
>ALL MEN ARE PIGS WHO JUST WANT ONE THING.

At which point was I expected to take feminism seriously, if at all?
>>
No, you're not a shitty person. You have the right to be what you want in life. She's a shitty person for judging you.
>>
>>17794205

>Am I a shitty person?

Well, I don't believe that you believe for a second that you're a shitty person. I don't think you bought what your brother's girlfriend said at all I just think you're here for people to pat you on the back and validate you.

I mean, thats ok, this place has turned into a personal echo chamber for nearly everyone, just don't pretend like you're actually here for advice.

You know there's nothing wrong with being a housewife. You know that we know there's nothing wrong with being a housewife. This whole thing is kind of a non issue.
>>
>>17794254

>Be a benefit to society. Someone maintaining the homestead is a benefit. If you can't talk to someone logical that seems to be a problem on your end.

It must be awkward being a Trump supporter and a communist at the same time. I guess that's where being too stupid to realize what you just said helps you out in life.
>>
>>17794256
Sexist Pepe smiles at you.
>>
>>17794261
How is a housewife supporting communism?

This post is a succubus.
>>
Your brother is dating a deranged cultist. Misery awaits him. Be there for him when the relationship comes to a fiery end.
>>
>>17794265

>or even matter
>Be a benefit to society
>>
>>17794256

>At which point was I expected to take feminism seriously, if at all?

Depends on which brand you're talking about. Don't take the delusional ramblings of internet cry-babies and coddled college kids and try to paint them as the face of feminism.

Not to mention that every single one of your greentexts was a horrible attempt at strawmanning. You and I both know for a fact that the majority of people, men and women, don't spew the kind of shit you're describing.

Most adult women have a reasonable expectation and concept of feminism. Yes, women have it good in this country compared to most other places but if you look outside the scope of 4chan for just a moment and objectively view the state of American culture you have to admit that there's still room for improvement.

Most standard, reasonable feminists don't have ridiculous demands and do a pretty good job at laughing off the radicals as well as the rest of us do. Don't be purposefully daft.
>>
>>17794262

>realistic assessment of what was once a necessary civil rights movement turned hateful cult pepe smiles at you.

Fixed.
>>
>>17794277
>You and I both know for a fact that the majority of people, men and women, don't spew the kind of shit you're describing.

In britian, LITERALLY every white girl my age I've ever met has spouted that bullshit. It's a matter of "when", not "if".
>>
Tell your brother NOW NOW NOW! GO NOW! TXT HIM NOW!

"DUMP HER!"
>>
>>17794205
No, of course you're not.

Modern feminism is predicated on the (unspoken, unacknowledged) idea that traditionally feminine roles are worse. The goal, then, is to coerce women into being worse versions of men. Traditionally female pursuits, however, are not worse, by any measure, they're just different. I'm a man, and, in all sincerity, I would never be up to the job of a housewife. I'm good, like a lot of men, at focusing on a singular task and seeing it through; my brain would melt if I had to cook, clean, collect the kids and so on. Men and women are different, but they're still equal. Feminists, however, equate equality with universal parity.

If you still feel like you need to appease your feminist sentiments, recognise the fact that the true foundation of feminism is supposed to be that women are free to make any life choices they want, including being a traditional mother and wife. In sum, become a housewife if you want, you're covered either way.

>>17794237
I hope for his sake they don't get married, because she'll ruin his life beyond doubt.

>>17794244
>nobody else that has replied in this thread knows anything about the nuances of feminism.
Nor do you, apparently.

>Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.
I thought people were free to pursue their own happiness, not to be cajoled into having an unhappy life to appease the brass of the feminist movement. Can you answer this one? Is OP an autonomous person who can make choices for herself, or is she a lower rank who has been conscripted into feminism?

>internalised misogyny
This is the modern "Uncle Tom."
>>
She feels insecure because you sound sweet and nurturing, a standard she does want to live up to. She is afraid your brother is used to women like yourself.

If she wasn't insecure, she would not have insulted you. She should have not mentioned it, or probed for your motivations then tried to relate to you.

Or it's just bait
>>
>>17794256
let me refer you to my post where i explained that it is not a hivemind, not all feminists agree on everything, and there are different sects of feminism.

>blah blah hairdressers should earn the same as people dying blah blah
that has never been the argument. the argument is that women should be paid the same amount to do the same job that men do. i.e. male hairdresser should be paid the same as a female one. thank you for exhibiting how little you know about the issues.

>something about consent
circumcision* on children (anyone unable to consent) is horrible.

i mean.. you seem to have difficulty grasping what the problems feminists complain about are even about. i don't think you should be commenting on it.
>>
>>17794283

The funny thing about anecdotal evidence is that it isn't actually evidence.

Just because you live on the beach does not mean the whole world is covered in sand, ya dig?
>>
No, be my gf.
>>
>>17794288
>male hairdresser should be paid the same as a female one.
Anyone who has had a job knows that this already happens. If women were paid less, why would anyone ever hire a man? It would make no economic sense not to have an office full of women.

>inb4 they view women as worse

Yeah, I'm sure McDonalds hiring managers are determined to find the cream of the crop.
>>
Modern day feminism is not about femininity it's about contradiction. the first ones to congratulate a transsexual man to becoming a woman. but if a woman dresses like a woman for some reason she is sitting women back. The reality is they are a bunch of sycophants who try to undermine Western society. And as a direct result we elected Trump as president has a big fuck you to them.
>>
>>17794288
>that has never been the argument. the argument is that women should be paid the same amount to do the same job that men do. i.e. male hairdresser should be paid the same as a female one. thank you for exhibiting how little you know about the issues.

Again, not in britian.
There is currently an ongoing "sexism" lawsuit because women working in stores are complaining because they don't earn the same as people working in the warehouses. The only women talking against it are the ones working in the warehouses (foreigners not accustomed to feminism, and women over 40).
Seriously, if I could work in a shop for that money, I would. Warehouses are fucking awful.
They're literally crying sexism because white millennial feminists, don't want equal work. They know it's worse in the warehouses that's why they aren't asking for transfers. They want equal pay without equal work.

>something about consent
>circumcision* on children (anyone unable to consent) is horrible.

So how come MRAs who complain about this, and even when this is all they complain about, get labelled misogynists, virgins or woman-haters, as if fighting for their rights is an active threat to women's rights?

>i mean.. you seem to have difficulty grasping what the problems feminists complain about are even about. i don't think you should be commenting on it.
I have difficulty because for people claiming to fight for "equality", they seem really negligent about anything that doesn't fit their fucking narrative.

Shit, if they really were fighting for equality, I'd support them 100%. But here in the UK, they're just supremacist scum.
>>
>>17794286
you quote me, and then quote something i didn't even say, so i don't understand where you're going with this.

yes, people are free to pursue their own happiness. i never said OP has done anything wrong. she hasn't. my personal belief is that it's fine.

the truth is that literally nobody knows if OP's desire would even exist in a world without all of this power imbalance. we literally *can not* know if she would still want to be a house wife if the concept didn't even exist.

>>17794298
>if women were paid less, why would anyone ever hire a man?
while yes, logically, what you're saying of course makes sense. but the actual data on who is paid what says that this is not the case.

>bringing up mcdonalds
you're now talking about something entirely different, socio-economic issues.
>>
>>17794274
Lol sitting in your parent's basement playing Wow and talking about the time machine that runs on weed you're definitely going to invent is not freedom or capitalism. It's horseshit. Get a job, a real job and make the fucking country worth looking at.
>>
>>17794205
>She said I set women back 70 years
That's quite an accomplishment for one person.

>Am I a shitty person?
Nah. She's prolly just insecure.
>>
>>17794309
>not in britain
that's not feminism. equal work, equal pay. simple as that.

>even when this is all they complain about
you don't become a men's rights activist just to protest against circumcision. you obviously support the ideals other MRAs (that complain about other shit) support. genital mutilation is an issue for female children as well.

>people claiming to fight for "equality"
>if "they" were really fighting for equality
>i would support "them"
my dude. there are so many different brands of feminism. some of them are stupid as shit. a couple are pretty good, but don't have everything perfect, because there is no such thing as a perfect political movement.

even within the different brands of feminism there is disagreement on certain topics. e v e r y o n e i s d i f f e r e n t
>>
>>17794298

>Anyone who has had a job knows that this already happens. If women were paid less, why would anyone ever hire a man? It would make no economic sense not to have an office full of women.

There are a lot of long, lengthy studies and summations of the actual legitimacy of the wage gap.

For starters, there IS a wage gap but the number is no where near where a lot of the mainstream websites and blogs are reporting. The wage gap between men and women, according to a national study of wages, taking into account the different area of expertise, I believe is somewhere around 3% (don't quote me on that, it might of been in between 2 or 3 but the number was small).

A lot of this could be explained simply by the fact that men and women pursue different fields and, due to the fact that men are more tempered for dangerous situations, receive more hazard pay. Woman CEOs and business owners are still a relatively new thing (the last 50 years or so) so there is a reasonable assumption that we're still in the process of "catching up" the average wage paid to women as men if you just total up the amount of money women make and compared to men.

There is also another theory, which was illustrated by a recent study out of a UK university that showed that men were far more likely to negotiate for a higher salary than women were.

So, in short, the wage gap does exist BUT there are a lot of completely innocuous theories unrelated to institutionalized sexism to explain it. Even if sexism still plays a roll in deciding the wage of women versus men the difference is so small that a reasonable person could assume that, in no uncertain terms, sexism just isn't doing a very good job of paying women less.
>>
Fuck that shit. I'm sick of these idiot feminists bossing women around all the time. Being a housewife is okay and if you want to be one then be one.

This is what they're brainwashed to believe. They discourage being a housewife because women according to them, you have to "further your career". Don't listen to that shit and follow your dreams. If you do are good at something though, do it. It genuinely is more respectable to have a job, but your future husband may really like a housewife and you may like being one.

Your freedom to choose your path does not set women back that far. Just do what you think is best and ignore these "feminist" assholes like the plague. They will make you feel miserable for having a different opinion or goal then what their Gender Studies teacher says they should have.
>>
>>17794205
OP, your life-choice is borne out of a kind, loving heart and desire to make the world a better place.

Don't let the bastards beat that out of you.
>>
>>17794321

Just as an interesting side fact, I was led to believe that the prizes for Wimbledon were unfair, because men would win more prize money than women by a few thousand. Now the difference appeared very minimal, why not just make the amounts the same?

Well, in truth, men's games tend to last a lot longer and men play more games. I think it's roughly 150 for women and 210 for men. So, suddenly and theoretically, men get paid less (if we think per game) than women. So should we adjust accordingly?

The forms of discrimination are incredibly complex and incredibly woven into the fabric of our society, so much so that they're often unseen or can't even be understood by people. People would comment on how the Wimbledon prize money was sexist and should be equal, but people wouldn't dig any deeper to think about why. I assume that due to this board you're wont to expect me to say "Huzah, the feminists are wrong!" but I think it proves them right, and that we've many more questions not only about gender but about labour and class too.
>>
>>17794205
I don't think you are a parasite.

Wanting to take care of housing matters: Cleaning, cooking, scheduling social gatherings, caring for sick family members, or paying the bills isn't bad.

People all have different desires and goals. It's not bad to want to stay home and care for the house, as long as you do it.

I know a few men who do it, and I don't judge them.
>>
>>17794346

Well, I think you just answered your own question with this,

>The forms of discrimination are incredibly complex and incredibly woven into the fabric of our society

I don't think its an issue that can be addressed or undone overnight. Everything should be examined on a case to case basis and if it seems fucked up, fix it, basically.

I think where people misinterpret this situation is in over reaction and over correction. Women who feel like they've received the shit end of the stick overreact and find oppression and inequality in even the smallest of situations.

Men who feel belittled and attacked because of these issues overreact and dismiss the entirety of feminism simply because they don't want their feelings hurt or to feel like they have to take any responsibility for the society/system that they live in.

Its a see-saw of bullshit that severely lacks the proper population of reasonable people it needs to be solved.
>>
>>17794320
>genital mutilation is an issue for female children as well.

You mean that thing that's illegal in pretty much every western country, but over here they'll not only do it to us, but then sell the fucking foreskins to cosmetics companies for nearly a grand a pop, and no man ever see's any of that fucking money?

You want to complain "but circumcision shouldn't matter because it happens to girls in third world countries too"? Shit, at least yours is illegal in most civilised countries. I'm not even asking for it to be outlawed, just give us a fucking age of consent law and I'll be fucking happy.

Fuck me. It sucks when it happens to anyone, male or female, but at least you cunts got doing it to you outlawed.

>you obviously support the ideals other MRAs
You mean like equal custody, not being treated like a fucking predator, wanting "alimony" abolished because of equality (each person should be responsible for their own income - unless by agreed upon terms (housewives and such) and if the marriage ends, perks and dependencies of the marriage should end too (ei - each party goes back to being responsible for themselves, up to and including their own income ~ thus preventing the modern day slave trade divorce has become).

Yeah, I support those things. Doesn't mean I hate women. Means I just want my own equal rights, rights that are overlooked. Rights that feminists neglect that they have. Then call us "sexist" for wanting them.
>>
>>17794313

>Lol sitting in your parent's basement playing Wow and talking about the time machine that runs on weed you're definitely going to invent is not freedom or capitalism. It's horseshit. Get a job, a real job and make the fucking country worth looking at.

Housewives don't have jobs.
>>
>>17794359
It's a job that you don't get paid for.
>>
>>17794385

It's the equivalent of being a janitor.
>>
>>17794385
>>17794389

You wanna marry a janitor?
>>
>>17794385
You know what else is a job I don't pay for? Blowjob, so keep on sucking if you want to eat tonight
>>
>>17794353

>I don't think its an issue that can be addressed or undone overnight. Everything should be examined on a case to case basis and if it seems fucked up, fix it, basically.

Indeed I agree with you, and if only there were more people with your patience and tolerance, able to sit and think without resorting to anger.

I am happy to read your words, thank you.
>>
>>17794346
It doesn't prove them right if the say the reason for the pay gap is sexism when it is more work.There are concrete reasons, maybe it's difficult to unravel all of them, but to handwave it away as "The world is complex but feminists are still right" is a bit disingenuous.
>>
>>17794355
>not being treated like a predator
maybe if so many men stopped being predators, we wouldn't have to treat them like that? how about you police yourselves to stop that from happening? this is literally you complaining about how you're being treated because of a small population of men, but that small population of men are literally killing and raping women.

the problem isn't that you "want these rights", the problem is that you so aggressively and vehemently believe these rights are more important than other people's around you.

i'm not going to keep arguing with you because i'm not going to convince you of anything, but i genuinely want to ask you; do you actually believe that overall, everywhere (not just USA or the UK), men have less rights than women?
>>
>>17794419
>how about you police yourselves to stop that from happening?
Because unlike you, we don't view genders as teams. I know this might shatter your worldview, but most men abhor rape. We're not collectively guilty because a member of our gender commits rape, not more than every woman is guilty of infanticide or poisoning.
>>
>>17794419
Men have less reproductive rights, all over the world. Knock a girl up and you have no say. In the UK you might have to pay child support for a child conceived through sperm donation
>>
>>17794460

>Knock a girl up and you have no say.

Yeah, no shit. You don't have to carry the damn thing for 9 months. Mothers are more important than fathers, biologically. Sorry. It might not be fair but it is the way it is.
>>
>>17794474
>when inherent differences in gender benefit women it's too bad and you have to live with it
>when inherent differences in gender benefit men it's the patriarchy and we need a social revolution to combat it
>>
>>17794311
>we literally *can not* know if she would still want to be a house wife if the concept didn't even exist.
This is utterly ridiculous. You can not blame someone over wanting to do something possible. You're writing incredibly vague lines with no meaning in order to (badly) cover the fact you disagree with OP's choices but doesn't have it in you to blame her.

Freedom is free, and she's her own woman to make her own choice, you shouldn't judge her even if her path doesn't sit well with you.
There is no "internalized misoginy" at all and "power imbalance" has nothing to do with wanting to be a housewife, it is perfectably respectable if that's her key to happiness. She's not useless, she's not a parasite, she's productive and so on.
All that meaningless jargon is just here to push the blame on people without having to think of any argument.

Furthermore, is this internalized misandry if a man wants to work hard for his family because he "conforms himself to a gender role that forces him to slave away for decades"? Is this what society wants of him and should be fought then? Because being a NEET is the alternative otherwise. And it has its perks. No boss, no schedule, no stress, no family to feed, time for hobbies lazing around, etc. Yet, you will hardly find someone who consider that as a great life.

As long as feminists put an arbitrary value on lives, they will always be seen as joke.
Women rights activism is about seeking equality, not forcing women to follow a path where they could "stick it to the Man".
By favoring parity over freedom, feminists are their own worst enemies.
>>
>>17794474
What if the man wants to abort it and the girl doesn't? What then? Her body her choice. Also his money.
>>
>>17794492
>Furthermore, is this internalized misandry if a man wants to work hard for his family because he "conforms himself to a gender role that forces him to slave away for decades"?
I'm with you, but you're trying to reason with the unreasonable. They'll say that's different, and the reason is because they view traditionally male pursuits as good and worthwhile, and traditionally female pursuits as a bad or demeaning. They don't admit it, though.
>>
>>17794436
i am aware that "most" men don't like rape. there is still a significant amount of men who enjoy it, fantasize about, etc. i'm not saying you're all guilty because of it, but you have the ability to see rapey behaviour more than women do, you would do the world a favour by telling them to knock that shit off.

>>17794460
>knock a girl up and you have no say
no fucking shit. why do you think it's okay to impregnate someone and let them bear all of the responsibilities? if they don't want an abortion, that's at least 18 years of supporting a child.
if they want an abortion, that's still a horrible procedure to have to go through. extremely emotionally taxing. and for what? you wanted to cum inside her? lol grow up

>in the uk you might have to pay child support for a child conceived through sperm donation
I just looked this up, and it is immediately obvious that this is due to old laws that didn't take into account sperm donation. this is obviously a mistake, and needs to be updated/reformed. i didn't look much further into it than that, but from the first 2 articles i could see that it's due to laws pre-1990. if you donate sperm after this, you aren't going to have that problem.
>>
>>17794504
>"most"
The fact you put it in quotation marks implies that you don't actually think that.

>i'm not saying you're all guilty because of it, but you have the ability to see rapey behaviour more than women do, you would do the world a favour by telling them to knock that shit off.
Again, a man who talked like that would be no friend of mine, nor of any of my friends, nor of any man I hold in any esteem. You clearly think men sit around and talk about rape. I've never heard a person advocate rape.

In fact, two of the dumbest jock-types I've ever met have explicitly said that sleeping with a drunk girl is wrong.

I don't know why I'm entertaining you, however, because you've clearly decided that a sizable portion of men are rapists or rapists-in-waiting, and that the remainder enable them, or are at least guilty because they have similar genitalia. If this is your experience with men, then I'm very sorry for your tribulations, in sincerity, but it's simply not true of most men.
>>
>>17794504
If fucking is a joint effort and raising a kid is a joint effort, why is the decision to keep the child and responsibility to raise it the woman's decision essentially?
>>
>>17794286
not OP, but I really like the way you write ^_^ great advice
>>
>>17794205
Do what you want, don't let some edgelord womyns rights shitter tell you what you can and can't do
>>
>>17794205
Lol. This is why I'm starting to hate liberals and come away from them.

Their whole platform is be whoever you want to be, but now it's "be whoever you want as long as it's unique and snowflake and if what you do is remotely stereotypical or boring youre part of the problem."

No anon, you aren't a bad person. Stay home and take care of shit.

Just remember we live in a dual income household economy. You'll need a richfag or this isn't going to work. best you work towards well paying work anyway
>>
>>17794205
You're doing the right thing and I wish more women were like you. Taking care of the household and raising the family is the woman's role in this world. It's what women have always naturally gravitated to, and it's what women are inherently better at.

Disregard the smug feminist cunt. Feminism and the destruction of the nuclear family has made women unhappier and more depressed than ever before.
>>
If she calls herself a feminist, she's an asshole feminist.

I would consider myself a feminist by the standard definition. I believe women and men should be treated equally, and I believe we have a lot of work to do to dismantle things like sexism and racism, because there's a lot of that around, and a lot of it is subtle and insidious "Oh, I don't hate women, I just think they're not suited for intellectual work", etc.

But the entire point of feminism is for people, including women, to be able to do what they want without societal pressure to become one thing or another. And if what you want is to be a housewife, that is entirely your decision. If you are not being forced into this decision and this is what you want, then all power to you.

If you were pressuring other women into being domestic because it is "their place and purpose", then yes you're being shitty. But she is doing the same thing, from the opposite end. She is trying to force you to fit her idea of what women should be, which is business and work instead of house and family. Her decision for what to do with her life is just as valid as yours, but she's being an asshole by throwing her weight around and shaming you for your decision.

If you want to be a housewife, be a housewife. It is your life, and your choice. That's what equality is about.
>>
File: dooooooork.gif (822KB, 350x305px) Image search: [Google]
dooooooork.gif
822KB, 350x305px
>>17794205
Start calling it "house spouse", takes the edge off and childish people love rhymes. Advocate that men OR women can be home-makers, and that THAT is TRUE equality.
>>
Be whoever the fuck you want to be. Just don't be a dick about it and there's no problem.
>>
>>17794244
>>17794646
You guys are alright.
>>
>>17794205
>My brother's girlfriend called me a self-hating woman when I offhandedly mentioned wanting to be a housewife one day
>She said I set women back 70 years
She's being ridiculous. There's a whole world of difference between "you're not allowed to have a job, stay at home and cook my dinner" and "I choose to look after the home and family".
>>
>>17794205
The WHOLE point of modern feminism is freedom of choice. Just as there should be no barriers blocking a woman from corporate or political success, there should be no barriers to finding fulfillment in traditional roles.

You have no moral obligation to share her ambitions. She has no moral right to block you from yours.
>>
democrats vs republicans, liberals vs conservatives, feminists vs women, it's all about divide and conquer.

don't let other people's opinions get you down
make up your own mind about what makes you happy.

sounds like your brother has some self-esteem issues, if he's pussy-whipped by a cunt like that. hypocrite claims you set women back, when she's the one being hateful to another woman.

My parents, happily married for 40 years, my mother was either a housewife, or worked by my father's side all this time. Nurturing each other, supporting each other, fulfilling each others dreams. Partners in life, in every sense of the word. They built a life, and a family together as equals.

Let's assume your brother is thinking with his little head, banging that cunt just because it's there, not really thinking about a future together. This should be a real eye-opener for him. She's basically telling him, she just wants his sperm to get her pregnant, so she can live off his child support payments for 18 years while she hooks up with Jamal, because that's what being a strong and independent woman is all about. using people.
>>
>>17794581
Thank you. I'm a PhD student, if that explains my writing style.
>>
>>17795247

I believe feminists usually come in two flavours: choice-feminism and collectivist-feminism.

One where the metric of the progress of women is measured in individual freedoms and liberties- that is the power to make choices- and one where it is measured as the collectivist sum of those individual choices where they are individually checked against a particular set of beliefs of agendas of some whole.
>>
>>17794205
No, but your brother's gf is a modern feminist piece of shit. Who the fuck she thinks she is to insult someone else for what they want to do with their lives?
>>
>>17795408
Yeah, that's quite astute. I think the "choice-feminists" are in the minority, however, which is unfortunate.
>>
>>17794240
One of the best posts on /adv/ and it gets no (you)'s? Fuck y'all self-absorbed cunts. Not even this guy, just mad when due respect isn't placed; fuck respecting any guys anymore though, right girls?
>>
>>17794205
No, you aren't, at all.

She's an idiot and she doesn't understand what feminism is about - it is about giving women a choice to do what suits them best, not about forcing them to make a choice.
>>
>>17794205
You clearly displayed a lack of intelligence, out of all the things you could have discussed you decided to talk about being a basic bitch. Dug your own grave m8.
>>
>>17794205
No. She is a shitty person for telling you how to love your life. Feminists fought for your right to choose. If you choose to live your life as a housewife, if that makes you happy then it's none of her goddamn business.
>>
>>17794205
She is the shitty person.

Anytime she says anything like this, laugh in her face. HARD. Keep laughing until she leaves the house and drives away. Don't stop until she does.

She won't be back.

Then slap your brother.
>>
>>17794205
Why does her opinion matter?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.