[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Room mate brings in her homeless dad to our home for Thanksgiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: SrBnAl9.jpg (642KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SrBnAl9.jpg
642KB, 1200x1600px
>Room mate brings in her homeless dad to our home for Thanksgiving
>Let him in while I was still sleeping and they kidnap our only two chairs into the kitchen and clutter it for the next couple of hours
>They now sleep in the living room
>Our place is a single and it feels very awkward

One day of discomfort, right? I also dislike that she brings him when my husband and I aren't home ( I'm out in the mornings dropping off our son to school and nap at my mom's place ) and I hate it because I've TOLD her numerous time to just TELL me when she brings someone over. SHE NEVER DOES.

The times I've BEEN home, she just says "Can my dad come in?" when he's right outside...and it's like "...sure". I've warned her that she needs to tell me multiple times...should I threaten with kicking her out if she keeps bringing her dad and boyfriend in without warning us first?
>>
>"you're gonna be homeless like him if you keep doing this shit, you cunt!"
>>
What the fuck ? You have a husband and a kid yet you live with a room mate ?

Zero reasoning or tact.
>>
>>17793609
>our son

That's where everything changes and this goes from a minor annoyance, to a completely legitimate and valid concern.

The fact that you have a child that you have to prioritize looking after puts you in the right and gives you the moral imperative to take action.

Protect your family if you need to. Don't put them at risk because you don't want to offend else--especially they're being inconsiderate, disrespectful, and potentially putting YOUR CHILD in danger.
>>
>>17793647
We have a walk-in closet which is big enough for her and her stuff, so we wanted to help her out since she got kicked out from her other place. ( I kinda know why...she's a slob )

>>17793651
That's the thing...she does this when all of us aren't home. I work in the morning, our son goes to school all day/evening and we don't get home until around 4pm. She uses the time between 9-2 to bring them in...
>>
>>17793672

This is still the environment that you are raising your child in. Your job as a parent is to protect the sanctity of that to the best of your ability.

If she's not respectful of that, you need to either make sure she is, or to prioritize your family and get her the heck out.

It's perfectly fine and even admirable to be sympathetic towards others and try to lend a hand--it even might set a good example for your child--but IT IS NOT FINE to put your own family at risk to do it.

This might have be different if you had no choice, people grow up in un-ideal and disadvantaged situations everyday, but this is NOT something you HAVE to deal with.
>>
>>17793726
When my husband gets home tonight, I'll tell him to have a talk with her. I highly dislike a stranger just laying down on the floor sleeping and his daughter laying with him. We did agree to letting them spend some time with each other but we did NOT agree for them to treat this place as a hotel. I'm the only one home and I don't feel comfortable but should I just kick them out? All they're doing is...napping? If they wanna spend Thanksgiving together, they should be out, not using our home as a sanctuary to be slobs.
>>
>>17793755
Not on Thanksgiving, but never let it happen again. It's fucking weird. Set ground rules with her after today.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.